PDA

View Full Version : 12 Dead and 31 Wounded at Fort Hood, TX

Bluerauder
11-05-2009, 04:35 PM
Please keep these folks in your thoughts and prayers. Very sad.

I don't like the sound of how this went down. This comes not too long after the radical group of 4 was captured in North Carolina as they were planning some sort of attack on Quantico MCB.

SID210SA
11-05-2009, 04:42 PM
Please keep these folks in your thoughts and prayers. Very sad.

I don't like the sound of how this went down. This comes not too long after the radical group of 4 was captured in North Carolina as they were planning some sort of attack on Quantico MCB.

One of our Members is there....I just got off the phone with his wife....she said he called her and told her he was okay.....my prayers go out to those affected by this tragedy....

JUST 1BULLITT
11-05-2009, 05:11 PM
AMEN! BAD DEAL all around!! I have many Friends there and all that I KNOW were there today as it went down are OK Thank God; but not good...keep your eyes open folks; this is NOT over yet by any stretch - FBI all over it and other key Agencies. Complancency is our true "Enemy # 1" be vigilant as this could very easily be replicated at any Post/Base/City or Town near you...more are coming; we just don't the know WHERE or WHEN...Keep you wits about you for sure. I think as details get released many of us will be pretty ticked off and with good reason...

-Matt-
11-05-2009, 08:31 PM
My base as well as all the others around here were all locked up today. The caught the gunman, a major, and a psychiatrist at that.

"The suspect, identified as Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, opened fire at a military processing center at Fort Hood (http://topics.cnn.com/topics/Fort_Hood) around 1:30 p.m., Cone said.
Three others initially taken into custody for interviews have been released, Cone said.
Hasan, 39, is a graduate of Virginia Tech and a psychiatrist licensed in Virginia who was practicing at Darnall Army Medical Center at Fort Hood, according to military and professional records. Previously, he worked at Walter Reed Army Medical Center."

-Matt-
11-05-2009, 08:33 PM
Also this should be noted:

"Hasan was scheduled to be deployed to Iraq "and appeared to be upset about that."

The pressure of multiple deployments on these guys are starting to really show their ugly face more.

rayjay
11-06-2009, 02:52 AM
I really don't get it. Why shoot up a bunch of innocent people? Just go over the hill... for the love of mike... Now they can heal him up to hang him at Levenworth. Oh wait, I forgot who's in charge now. This ought to be sickening.

twin03
11-06-2009, 03:46 AM
A sad day for the US Army.

BAD FIVE O
11-06-2009, 05:24 AM
Thanks to all for the support of our troops and thanks Mike (SID210SA) for calling my wife and checking up on me. I could not leave my building till 1840 or so that 's why it took so long to get back to you, I am doing okay sad to say not everyone is. My heart goes out to all victims, victims families and friends and I want to say from the bottom of my heart THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT FROM EVERYONE IN THE MARAUDER COMMUNITY. :(

Embassy
11-06-2009, 05:33 AM
Thanks to all for the support of our troops and thanks Mike (SID210SA) for calling my wife and checking up on me. I could not leave my building till 1840 or so that 's why it took so long to get back to you, I am doing okay sad to say not everyone is. My heart goes out to all victims, victims families and friends and I want to say from the bottom of my heart THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT FROM EVERYONE IN THE MARAUDER COMMUNITY. :(

Glad to hear you're ok.

Vortex
11-06-2009, 07:18 AM
Glad all our MM family are well. This guy was obviously a nutjob who flipped out. From what I understand any officer can simply resign their commission but I bet he was on the hook because he got sent to medical school on the govt. dime. Unfortunately there isnt much that can be done to prevent this sort of thing but it does remind me of why I have a CHL and carry at all times.

Pat
11-06-2009, 07:38 AM
Two handguns, at least 40 hits, damn. How many bullets does a hand gun hold anyway? News this AM reports concerns that some of the hits may be from friendly return fire.

Regardless, the unstable personality signs were all there, the authorities had picked up on them but unfortunately had not yet acted.

I'm praying for the wounded and the families who lost members.

Vortex
11-06-2009, 07:51 AM
You can buy these at any Bass Pro Shop (note 20 round magazine):

http://www.fnhusa.com/le/products/firearms/model.asp?fid=FNF003&gid=FNG001&mid=FNM0004

Black bart
11-06-2009, 08:35 AM
Relieved to hear that you are OK, but am sadden for those killed and wounded and their collective families.

From my perspective we are engaged in an escalating world war with those religious fanatics…we know who they are and they walk among us as well as without.

We are aware of what action we should initiate but currently it is politically incorrect to do so…be ever vigilant!

fred

GAMike
11-06-2009, 09:16 AM
This is a tragic story. Our servicemen/women deserve so much respect and admiration for the job they do.

I would be interested to know if this was one of the brave "snapping", or if this was some kind of terrorist initiative. No gonna jump to conclusions.

If he is a terrorist...... I have some ideas............:flamer:

JUST 1BULLITT
11-06-2009, 02:32 PM
This is a tragic story. Our servicemen/women deserve so much respect and admiration for the job they do.

I would be interested to know if this was one of the brave "snapping", or if this was some kind of terrorist initiative. No gonna jump to conclusions.

If he is a terrorist...... I have some ideas............:flamer:
He was a Pre-Positioned Sleeper Cell kinda guy...was raised Muslim, not a convert and he had actually NEVER deployed...so NO PTSD here; the Media is pretty weak in their assessments as usual; as I said - more to follow on this clown and his connections hopefully too...a bad deal! He was/IS and extremist and that's proven...how much the Media will share/expose is out for debate; many of you here already "GET IT" and have the right sentiment...really TICKED Me off yesterday!!

Bluerauder
11-06-2009, 04:11 PM
... the Media is pretty weak in their assessments as usual ...

I think Barry McCaffery's [GEN, USA(Ret)] assessment was pretty much on the money in his role as an NBC military analyst/advisor. "The Major had showed signs of disaffection and disloyalty for several years. He was fairly open with his criticism of the military. The signs were all over the place."

Poor performance and constant arguments in the workplace. Why was he recently promoted? Why was this not reported by his prior supervisors and co-workers at Walter Reed? His immediate leadership appears to have been asleep at the switch. I am sure that we will continue to hear more about this guy over the next few days and weeks.

I wonder what kinda of advice/counseling he was dishing out to the PTSD patients at Walter Reed?

SID210SA
11-06-2009, 08:02 PM

The moment I heard about it I tried calling you and remembered after I called that you dont have your phone with you while at work...so I asked Rosa to call Corina to make sure yall were okay....I am sad for the rest of the folks involved and my prayers continue to go out to you and them.

Mike

Vortex
11-06-2009, 08:48 PM
I think Barry McCaffery's [GEN, USA(Ret)] assessment was pretty much on the money in his role as an NBC military analyst/advisor. "The Major had showed signs of disaffection and disloyalty for several years. He was fairly open with his criticism of the military. The signs were all over the place."

Poor performance and constant arguments in the workplace. Why was he recently promoted? Why was this not reported by his prior supervisors and co-workers at Walter Reed? His immediate leadership appears to have been asleep at the switch. I am sure that we will continue to hear more about this guy over the next few days and weeks.

I wonder what kinda of advice/counseling he was dishing out to the PTSD patients at Walter Reed?

Good point. If this guy was a loser at Walter Reed why was he promoted? Lazy supervisors.
I dont buy any of this conspiracy stuff, I think the guy was just an ordinary loser who could have been named Smith or whatever, he was pissed he couldnt get off active duty after they paid for his medical school and he was looking at an overseas transfer. Hey, join the club. Its something anybody thats ever served as an enlisted guy knows, there is no "quitting" or "getting out" or "resigning" and you will go where they send you, period. Thats only understandable to enlisted folks, junior officers or veterans. This guy was so screwed up he decided he would use the Muslim excuse to take a bunch of innocent people with him.

Bluerauder
11-08-2009, 07:26 AM
I dont buy any of this conspiracy stuff, I think the guy was just an ordinary loser ......
So far, the investigation has not identified any connections to any terrorist groups and it appears that he acted alone and did not have accomplices as initially reported.

Seems that he was just another F-N nutcase that everyone knew was a whack job; but no one raised the flag. Where have we heard this over and over before? Too bad that he didn't have the guts to put a 9 mm slug through his brain instead of killing pregnant women and kids, civilians, old men and soldiers. NO VIRGINS FOR YOU. :P [with apologies to the Soup Nazi].