PDA

View Full Version : Had a chance to shoot a Dragunov PSL

PhastPhil
11-08-2009, 08:55 PM
I had the opportunity to shoot a Dragunov PSL at a local indoor range. I don't really know anything about the gun. If I understand it right, the PSL is a clone of the Dragunov Sniper Rifle. Although I am NRA Life member, I have not shot a gun in about 15 years. I've certainly never shot anything like this gun. I still have my Remington Speedmaster 22, and a Springfield 12 ga. single barrel shotgun.

I really enjoyed shooting the PSL, and I surprised myself and shot pretty well. The PSL did not have a scope.

It made my night ! :banana:

ImpalaSlayer
11-08-2009, 08:59 PM
isnt that a Romanian copy?

PhastPhil
11-08-2009, 09:09 PM
I just did a quick online search, and I believe you are right. It is a Romanian copy of the original Dragunov.

Haggis
11-09-2009, 06:32 AM
I just did a quick online search, and I believe you are right. It is a Romanian copy of the original Dragunov.

Not exactly, the Romanian version uses a AK action. The Dragnov has it's own distinct action, though it looks similar on the outside to the AK action.

BODYMAN
11-09-2009, 06:38 AM
doesnt matter what you get. youre gonna have to find ammo for it! welcome to the obamanation. Everyone should have stocked up on ammo 4- yrs ago

Haggis
11-16-2009, 08:37 AM
doesnt matter what you get. youre gonna have to find ammo for it! welcome to the obamanation. Everyone should have stocked up on ammo 4- yrs ago

Found a whole crate of 7.62x54R this weekend for $99.