PDA

View Full Version : Beaned!!!!

White Knuckles
11-09-2009, 02:59 PM
This story is toooooo bizarre!!

Jeff Harris (MOrauder driver extraordinaire) and I were coming back to the MO Speed Shop after having lunch today. We meet a Chevy truck coming the other way pulling a trailer. At that moment T-I-M-E went into slow motion as I saw a bunch of cans falling off the trailer. I watched a can of Allen's Green Beans bounce and tumble across the lane directly into my path. There was nothing I could do---------I got BEANED:mad2:

Following the Truck was a Sheriffs van with it's blue lights flashing. Jeff says, "He's got them". So we pull up to a place we can turn around and then go back after them. We crest the hill --- No truck---No Sheriffs Van---they are GONZO:censor:

The Beaned Marauder is now into the boost pretty heavy trying to catch up with these S.O.B.s. We come up on a major intersection and I see them turn left--------we get caught at the light:mad2: Light turns and I'm back after them----HARD. Jeff is now on the phone with 911 to report the incident (also covering our a$$ in case someone reports a madman in a Marauder).

We finally caught up to them in an industrial park. Chevy Truck-Trailer-Sheriffs Van-------and fifteen county inmates sitting on the trailer.
I was pretty hot when I got out of the car----but I calmed down.

It was a nice gentleman trying to do a good deed. He had just come from a church food drive and was bringing this load over to a warehouse for distribution to the needy. The inmates were used to load and unload the trailer--------they didn't do a vey good job. Highway Patrol finally showed up- wrote it up and we were on our way.

Damages?...............
The beans didn't survive.
and I guess its better to be beaned than PEA'd ON
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r133/RUSA18/misc/DSCN1295.jpg
Regardless of what flavor Allen's vegetable......
It might has well been...
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r133/RUSA18/misc/CanoWhoopAssLargeSize.jpg
Now it's time for a little body work:(
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r133/RUSA18/misc/DSCN1293.jpg

Pops
11-09-2009, 03:01 PM
This is funny George! At least they did not waste any beer.:D

justbob
11-09-2009, 03:03 PM
You did EXACTLY what I would've done!

ntd
11-09-2009, 03:23 PM
sorry to hear that but it is a funny story

martyo
11-09-2009, 03:24 PM
Peas.

They're what's for dinner!

I am glad you are okay (and that my widened rims were too! :D )

martyo
11-09-2009, 03:25 PM
sorry to hear that but it is a funny story

If you know George he can see the fun in everything.

He is a stand up guy and a GREAT friend.

ntd
11-09-2009, 03:31 PM
If you know George he can see the fun in everything.

He is a stand up guy and a GREAT friend.

wish I could say I would have his scene of humor in that situation:P

White Knuckles
11-09-2009, 03:41 PM
Peas.

They're what's for dinner!

I am glad you are okay (and that my widened rims were too! :D )

You guessed it------Peas for me:D
Jeanette made a good point, "could you imagine if it had been Creamed Corn?"

justbob
11-09-2009, 04:17 PM
Did someone say corn?

Reminds me of a day that it was -5* for the HIGH and I had to go out on a service call for a busted sewer under a double wide and well............ Lets just say the concrete underneath was brown and this familly ate A LOT of corn!:eek: I can no longer enjoy corn...

Oh wait were talking about someone tossing thier veggies here, never mind.

So can we call this a VEGETARIAN DRIVE BY?
:lol:

Bigdogjim
11-09-2009, 06:34 PM
Could be worse, I get hit by a traffic cone once, (popped up by a toyota no less:mad:

martyo
11-09-2009, 06:56 PM
You guessed it------Peas for me:D
Jeanette made a good point, "could you imagine if it had been Creamed Corn?"

Is creamed corn worse than being pea'd on????

GAMike
11-09-2009, 07:31 PM
Corn on the cob:eek:..... But I digress. Sorry to hear about this George.....

That would not be a cheap outta pocket fix if you had to go that route....:mad:

White Knuckles
11-09-2009, 08:48 PM
That would not be a cheap outta pocket fix if you had to go that route....:mad:

The upside to all this is my front bumper looked a little rough before.
Some had accused me of bump drafting on I-285, so now I'll get that cleaned up and back in order.

martyo
11-09-2009, 08:53 PM
The upside to all this is my front bumper looked a little rough before.
Some had accused me of bump drafting on I-285, so now I'll get that cleaned up and back in order.

Derrick fixed a bumpoer cover for me and it was better than new.

Do you need a glass guy too?

White Knuckles
11-09-2009, 09:06 PM
Derrick fixed a bumpoer cover for me and it was better than new.

Do you need a glass guy too?

I was over there when he was working on the Box's bumper cover.

That can really compressed the bumper cover. Jeff thought it might not be paintable---we'll see. I will need a new parking light assembly and I have a chip in the hood and crack in the windshield.
I'll get the police report and deal with the other guys insurance.

quahog
11-09-2009, 09:59 PM
911 is for emergencies. It is not a speed dial for the local police dept.

martyo
11-10-2009, 04:33 AM
That can really compressed the bumper cover.

Derrick has an outside company that can repair some pretty heavily damaged covers.

I guess I owe you dinner next time!!!!

martyo
11-10-2009, 04:34 AM

This is Dallas, Georgia, we are talking about. There are no emergencies.

Shankin
11-10-2009, 06:27 AM
The best is when george was telling me about what kind of can it was before we even got to the trailer it fell off of. Slow motion Allens Green Beans!

martyo
11-10-2009, 07:06 AM
The best is when george was telling me about what kind of can it was before we even got to the trailer it fell off of. Slow motion Allens Green Beans!

It was all I could do to convince him not to eat the evidence!!!

RacerX
11-10-2009, 07:15 AM
That's funny! It's good that it didn't hit in a worse place like the hood then the windshield! I had a guy try and throw a can of soda at me on the highway a few years ago after I blew by his beat up little Toyota. He raced to catch up with me, gave me the finger, I just smiled and he threw the can of soda at me! That's when the 70mph wind hit the can!!! Soda went down the side of his car and the can was gone! :D Physics major obviously!

GAMike
11-10-2009, 07:47 AM

With all due respect......... 911 is also available so that no emergency ever happens....

If that call helped another motorist avoid getting a can in the winshield, and then overreacting possibly diving into traffic and killing someone, then that is the proper use of 911.

Being proactive may not have been high on the list when the call was made (don't know, was not present, but in retrospect, the call could have saved a life)......... Who knows what else could have fell off that truck?

White Knuckles
11-10-2009, 08:09 AM
We were reporting a traffic incident. Local police were not involved. The Georgia Highway Patrol responded.

I wish I had thought to take a photo of the trailer with the convicts sitting on it. 16 foot flatbed stacked with boxes and bags of canned goods.

Do the math----we're doing 60 ---- the truck is coming at us doing 60 and is losing his load-------beans, peas, creamed corn and peanut butter tumbling at you in excess of 100mph:eek: THAT's AN EMERGENCY!!

This guy was losing the load on a smooth straight stretch of road. If he had hit a bump--- he could have lost the whole load and who know what the vegetable carnage could have been.

By the way, I can highly recommend the Allen's Sweet Peas----quite tasty----just a little tricky opening the battered can

martyo
11-10-2009, 12:51 PM
By the way, I can highly recommend the Allen's Sweet Peas----quite tasty----just a little tricky opening the battered can

This is why George is my good friend.

He knows just when to laugh.