PDA

View Full Version : E-Brake Light coming on (not ABS light)

rickey1987
11-09-2009, 04:37 PM
When I get on the brake a little more than normal my e-brake light comes on and it goes off as soon as i let off the brake . It's not the ABS light that's what everyone keeps asking . Anyonelse have this problem?

justbob
11-09-2009, 04:46 PM
Check your brake fluid level, and make sure your parking brake is all the way up.

If all is good and you haven't had any work done lately, it may be time for a master cylinder.

rickey1987
11-09-2009, 04:54 PM
Yea I've checked both so maybe it is time for a master cylinder , I'll get it checked out tomorrow and I'll post what the problem is . Thanks for the help.

Phrog_gunner
11-09-2009, 05:57 PM
Check your brake fluid level, and make sure your parking brake is all the way up.

If all is good and you haven't had any work done lately, it may be time for a master cylinder.

What ^^^^ he said.

offroadkarter
11-09-2009, 06:25 PM
the E brake light goes on if your master cylinder is going bad? Even if its working fine?

Why couldnt it just be a loose E brake? Maybe the force of the car coming to a halt is making it drag or something....

justbob
11-09-2009, 07:28 PM
When only one person drives the car they tend to not feel the sinking pedal from a master on the way out till they have issues. Yes, poor height in pedal, whether it be air in the line or a fading MC will cause the light to come on.

The only things that are connected to the light that I know of is the MC and the e-brake pedal sensor itself.

The e-brake could fall off or catch fire for that matter and not trip a light because it is a mechanical system with no wiring, only the pedal down even a notch will trip trip the light.

SpartaPerformance
11-09-2009, 07:40 PM
If the fluid is good and pedal pressure is good then check the float in the resevoir it may be stuck.

rickey1987
11-10-2009, 11:56 AM
Thanks for everyone's input , its all very helpful and i will post when i figure out the problem.

tbore007
12-23-2009, 10:42 AM
This just started happing to mine. Please post your results. Guess i will have to take it in..Damm!