PDA

View Full Version : My Mercs Featured in 'Collectible Automobile'

JUST 1BULLITT
11-14-2009, 10:27 PM
Hi All,
a few weeks ago I got a nice Email from one of this Magazine's Editors; said he found me in the IMOA Directory and saw that I owned a couple Early Seventies "Big-M's!" Turns out they're doing a feature in the NEXT issue; due out in January or so...I agreed to have BOTH my '71 and '72 Marquis Brougham 4-Door Hardtops photographed for the magazine and it all happened pretty fast -- they had a local Pro Photographer meet with me and we picked out settings for the shoots and got it done after a pretty FULL Day of positioning and shooting the cars. I think they came out pretty good and I'll let you all know when they hit the Newstands...I'm thinking of Subscribing to it now actually since I'll have two cars in it.

My '71 is a 1-Owner 68K Original Mile car and it's a deep metallic brown in color w/ a matching Vinyl Top while the '72 is a Gold Color w/ a Dark Brown Vinyl top and cloth interior...I'm the 3rd owner of it and it also has less than 70K original miles. I'll keep you posted once it makes print and I'll see if I can post some pics of my own that I took over the Photographers shoulder during the shoot! :D

LIGHTNIN1
11-14-2009, 11:10 PM
I love that magazine and read it regularly. It is an honor to get your cars in there.Keep us updated. Sounds like neat cars.

TAKEDOWN
11-14-2009, 11:55 PM
Cool... can't wait to see the pictures!

UncleLar
11-15-2009, 12:57 AM
Ah,something real good to look forward to!
Congrats!

martyo
11-15-2009, 05:28 AM
That's cool!

Ms. Denmark
11-15-2009, 06:04 AM
Congratulations John!!

Bluerauder
11-15-2009, 06:12 AM
Congrats, John !!! :up:

I look forward to seeing the photo shoot when it is released. Hope you were able to work your MM into the scenes (even if it was in the background). :D

JUST 1BULLITT
11-17-2009, 08:17 PM
THANKS ALL! I'll keep you posted! I agree it's a World-Class magazine indeed AND I DID try getting my MM IN the background :D BUT the photographer was pretty STRICK about the background etc. (In fact, we literally spent HALF the day DRIVING around to find the "PERFECT" Backdrop...I think it was worth it in the end but me and my buddy were WORE OUT after shuttling the cars around to several shoot locations!) NEAT experience though! He spent over an hour on each car...front 3/4/Rear 3/4 then opposite sides...interior/trunk and under the hood...pretty cool and VERY thorough..felt bad I didn't DETAIL both of them enough IN and OUT like I wanted :o but...weather wasn't cooperating very well...

The magazine comes out every-OTHER Month and this will be the very NEXT one out. (FEB is on the stands now I believe and it has a RED '67 Buick Wildcat on the cover and my BIG-M's will be in the APRIL Issue...don't know IF I"ll be a cover car or not...can't wait to see it!!)

THANKS again all and I'll keep you all posted!

justbob
11-17-2009, 08:59 PM
Way to go John!

JUST 1BULLITT
11-23-2009, 06:35 PM
THANKS justbob! I'll keep you all posted -- SHOULD be the very next issue they get out on the newstands. (AFTER this current one w/ the RED '67 Buick Wildcat on the cover...)
Way to go John!

JUST 1BULLITT
02-04-2010, 07:17 PM
Hey all,
My subscription issue of 'Collectible Automobile' came in it's plastic wrap this week and 1 of my cars made the back cover at least and I've got the centerspread for their feature on '71-'72 Mercurys! (The Big Cars...so I have both my '71 and my '72 Marquis Brougham Sedans in there...TRIED slipping the MM in the background of the shots but no dice! :lol: :bigcry: ;) The photographer wouldn't go for it! :P )Oh well; I can't complain having TWO cars featured in there with over a dozen good shots of the exteriors/interiors, engine compartment, etc. etc. check it out. Really cool! It SHOULD be on newstands and in book stores within the next couple weeks! Let me know what you think! (It's the "APRIL 2010" Issue/Edition...you know how they're always "ahead" on the dates...)

Really pretty cool!

UncleLar
02-04-2010, 08:37 PM
You are gonna autograph my copy aren't you?

LIGHTNIN1
02-05-2010, 10:30 AM
I'll get a hold of a copy. Thanks for the update.

CROWNMARAUDER
02-05-2010, 04:43 PM
I just received my april issue in today's mail. Those are 2 beautiful cars. Congratulations on getting them featured in the magazine.

JUST 1BULLITT
02-05-2010, 10:01 PM
Of course Uncle Lar! NO problem!! :beer:
You are gonna autograph my copy aren't you?