PDA

View Full Version : eBay problem.....

MrBluGruv
11-17-2009, 04:07 PM
Got a kind of random question here, wondering what others think about this:

How long is too long (beyond what would be lawfully allowable) for someone I've bought something from to ship their product to me?

They said it should only take them a day tops to get it out their door, and the UPS ground time frame was about 3 to maximum 6 days. It apparently didn't even leave their door until about two and a half weeks after I made payment, and that only happened it seems because I filed an eBay claim against them for non-receiving and requested my money back then magically the next day UPS tracked it as finally in their possession.

Do you think I'd have a good leg to stand on for the argument of them breaking the deal by taking that long and request my money back?

I don't even want what I bought now, cause I bought a different one from another seller after thinking I had been robbed. I want a paid return shipping label so they can have it back and my money back. Am I crazy?

Pops
11-17-2009, 04:26 PM
No your not crazy. Read the sellers return policy in the listing. I am not sure that it would be easy to break the sale unless you used a CC.

guspech750
11-17-2009, 04:39 PM
Contact both Ebay and Paypal. Explain in detail what has happened. Thats what I have done. And I have always won! I am 3 for 3!!:banana:

Blackened300a
11-17-2009, 04:47 PM
Did the seller give you any kind of excuse? Nobodies perfect and its possible that the seller forgot about the auction and just plain forgot to send it out until the notification was a reminder.

MrBluGruv
11-17-2009, 05:09 PM
Firstly, it wasn't an individual, it was an organization store, so the only thing they have to do with ebay is pay attention and make sure the stuff gets out.

I sent them an eBay message which they ignored, and after two days I opened a claim (this had already been weeks after the payment cleared, to the point where eBay recommends taking action after not having anything develop.) They never responded to the claim in any form to me.

I got the message from eBay today asking if any communication had happened since I first initiated conversation, told them no and that at this point I only want my money back. Within an hour from me sending it for review I had my refund.

So I guess everything has panned out.

We'll see how interested the seller is in responding to those emails I sent now that they've been called out and forced to pay up...

guspech750
11-17-2009, 05:12 PM
I contacted both Ebay and Paypal but all my issues were resolved through Paypal. Ebay was slow to act but all my issues were taken care of quickly with Paypal.

nomad
11-17-2009, 05:45 PM
I contacted both Ebay and Paypal but all my issues were resolved through Paypal. Ebay was slow to act but all my issues were taken care of quickly with Paypal.

That's a little odd, considering ebay owns paypal.
Not that I have much love for either.

guspech750
11-17-2009, 07:51 PM
That's a little odd, considering ebay owns paypal.
Not that I have much love for either.
I know. Go figure? I do not understand but its true.