PDA

View Full Version : SHOOTING 1 Mile from My house. CRAZY!

CWright
11-17-2009, 05:41 PM
Text Size
AAA

1 Killed, 1 Shot In Rome

Posted: 5:47 pm EST November 17, 2009Updated: 6:58 pm EST November 17, 2009
ROME, Ga. -- Police in Rome are investigating at least two shootings that appear to be related.

The first was a domestic situation on Old Dalton Road near Armuchee. Police said a man was shot and killed in a home there.

Officials said the shooter then allegedly went to a house on East Clinton Drive and shot a man there before running into the woods.

A member of law enforcement was able to talk the man into giving himself up.

Police identified the alleged shooter as Tim Spriggs. He is now in custody.

Police said there were several people inside the East Clinton Drive home at the time of the shooting. All of the other people inside were OK.

Police were everywhere about 5 this afternoon. This is about a mile from where I live. NUTZ!!!!!!!

Stoneblue
11-17-2009, 06:30 PM
I know how you feel. 22 years ago William Cruse shot and killed 2 LEOs and 5 civilians 3 miles away from home. Wounded quite a few more. It was then our county got on the same page about radios, sniper training and inter city cooperation. He is still on death row as he is too crazy to execute. And people wonder why I carry!

CWright
11-17-2009, 06:44 PM
Just come to find out this guy had a restraing order put on him by his ex girlfriend who is a senior at a local college here. She did this due to him roughing her up this past weekend. The suspect decided to go to her house and when her dad (who happens to a real good friend of my bro n law) came outside he opened fire and killed him. Finding out she was not there he proceeded across town to down the road from me where she was and had a shoot out with the owner of the house she was hiding out at. The owner of that house took one in the side but is going to be ok. The suspect then fled into the woods where the Sherrif was able to talk him down to turn himself in. He surrendered to police.