PDA

View Full Version : Big dilemma, need advice.

Spectragod
11-21-2009, 06:05 AM
I picked up my DTR yesterday from Darrin's shop in Danville. My buddy drove me over in his No-Rauder (LX Sport), all went well on the trip over.

On the way leaving, with my buddy behind me, I wound up at a traffic light that I had to stop for. Being as how we were the only ones around, I decided a little WOT action was to be called for.

Well.... the tranny is great, as was the power the car had, but..... when I went WOT at the light, I apparently blew water out my tailpipes, and in doing such, sprinkled the front end of my buddies No-Rauder.

So, here's what happend afterwards, he calls me on the phone, tells me that his No-Rauder seems to have more power and feels as though it's handling better since it got sprinkled with water.

My dilemma is.... should I put petcocks on my mufflers and drain my MO-Rauder water and sell it? Or, do I just owe my buddy a car wash?:help:

SC Cheesehead
11-21-2009, 06:24 AM
By all means .... bottle it and sell it. ;)

Yeah, Chebbie guys oughta snap this right up...:D

LANDY
11-21-2009, 06:27 AM
i think you owe him a car wash.

DEFYANT
11-21-2009, 07:01 AM
Petcocks are a great idea. The water in the pipes actually rob horsepower. Yup, that right. If the exhaust was able to blow out without picking up that water, it would leave faster. Instead, it is held back by the water. Drain it!

We should all install petcocks on our marauders.

SC Cheesehead
11-21-2009, 08:24 AM
Petcocks are a great idea. The water in the pipes actually rob horsepower. Yup, that right. If the exhaust was able to blow out without picking up that water, it would leave faster. Instead, it is held back by the water. Drain it!

Petcock? :dunno:

http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/foghorn.gif

Bigdogjim
11-21-2009, 08:29 AM
Back up to the grass at night and in the morning you can "recycle" it, go green:)

Glockafella
11-21-2009, 08:44 AM
Marauder pee!

Mr. Man
11-21-2009, 09:14 AM
Petcocks are a great idea.

This thread is going to go down hill in record time:lol:

dakslim
11-21-2009, 10:30 AM
Petcock? :dunno:

http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/foghorn.gif

"Ah say, ah say son".

Ah say, ah say son.

DOOM
11-21-2009, 11:33 AM
Marauder pee!

I piss on all my competition :D

ImpalaSlayer
11-21-2009, 11:41 AM
I piss on all my competition :D

i make em deff. or blow out there fog lights

Embassy
11-21-2009, 11:48 AM
Rid yourself of your guilt and shame by giving me your DTR. :cool:

Stoneblue
11-21-2009, 12:41 PM
Skip the petcocks. Talk to a local EE. It's a tuned system, adding an untuned stub (or cavity) will not make it happy. Exhaust tubing behaves like a piece of waveguide. Drive more to dry the system out.

Spectragod
11-21-2009, 06:50 PM
Skip the petcocks. Talk to a local EE. It's a tuned system, adding an untuned stub (or cavity) will not make it happy. Exhaust tubing behaves like a piece of waveguide. Drive more to dry the system out.

Drive it!!!!! HUH?????? :eek:

Stoneblue
11-21-2009, 07:23 PM
Drive it to dry the system out. Five 1 mile trips will increase condensation, a five mile trip will heat the sys to a point where it dries out. It's an accumulation thing. Went through the factory and then 4 Abarth systems (rust) before Abarth called cancelling the lifetime warranty. They put one of their app engineers on the phone and explained it. That was the last exhaust sys we ever needed. 5 in 7 years, last one lasted at least 6 years by keeping the short trips to a minimum. Sounds crazy, I know.