PDA

View Full Version : Title Question

Crown Vicman
11-23-2009, 07:56 AM
okay here's the deal, I have a friend who's looking to part a 70 pontiac Lemans with a great body but he doesn't have the title to it. I've heard that you could put insurance and a tag on a car around those years without the title because of it being too old. Is there any truth to this or maybe another way?:confused:

Bluerauder
11-23-2009, 09:17 AM
okay here's the deal, I have a friend who's looking to part a 70 pontiac Lemans with a great body but he doesn't have the title to it. I've heard that you could put insurance and a tag on a car around those years without the title because of it being too old. Is there any truth to this or maybe another way?:confused:

Don't understand how age of the vehicle has anything to do with it. The title is proof of "legal ownership". You'd have to discuss this with your insurance company and with DMV. As a minimum, they may ask you WHO the legal owner is and provide a statement that the car was junked or abandoned (I guess) so that you/he can assume legal ownership.

>>>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Car_title

ctrlraven
11-23-2009, 09:42 AM
You need to contact your local DMV and if the vehicle is in another state contact that state's DMV also to see what the procedures would be.