PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Needed!

MM2004
11-24-2009, 09:32 AM
Charlotte was with me during MV7, and has been a close friend for over 23 years.

Until 3 months ago, we never went out together as both of us were married and maintained a strict 'business' relationship as hairdresser/client.

Our relationship in the past 3 months has developed into quite a serious one and the both of us are very happy together.

I have been divorced over 2 years now, and Charlotte currently going thru her's.

Yesterday morning she had fallen down due to her left leg going numb and managed to crawl to the phone in order to call me.

Charlotte was diagnosed 3 1/2 years ago with MS (Multiple Sclerosis) that also includes legions in her brain and her lower spine.

I left the office early, helped her to the Marauder and under her Neurologist's directive, took her to the Emergency Room pronto for an evaluation.

An IV was started, MRI performed revealing swelling around the legions in her brain.

Her fears were confirmed last night that she had a MS relapse based on the swelling the MRI showed.

The decision was made to admit her, and will be in the hospital for at least 3 - 4 days pending her progress and reaction to the steroids being administered.

Charlotte is keeping me updated on a regular basis, and is doing quite well in spite of what she is having to deal with.

Please send Charlotte a prayer or two that she has a speedy recovery and regains full mobility in her left leg.

Thanks in advance,

Mike.

TiTo35
11-24-2009, 09:39 AM
Prayers...as you requested...I am hoping the best for you and Charlotte.

Bluerauder
11-24-2009, 09:41 AM
Was nice to meet Charlotte at MV7 in Indianapolis. Will keep her (and you) in my thoughts and prayers until this crisis passes.

MM03MOK
11-24-2009, 09:48 AM
Having met Charlotte at MV7, I already know she's a fighter with boundless enthusiasm and spirit. She will give it her all. Prayers on the way to you both!! Give her my best, please!

vkirkend
11-24-2009, 09:52 AM
Our prayers go out to her and her family and wishes for a speedy recovery.

GordonB
11-24-2009, 10:17 AM
Mike,
Both Charlotte and you will be in my prayers this Thanksgiving. I am sorry to hear of her illnes and the lack of mobility in her leg.
Gordonb

Mr. Man
11-24-2009, 10:38 AM
Our thoughts and prayers will go out to you and your friend this Thanksgiving. Remember to take a deep breathe yourself from time to time to help ease some of the stress.:)

SC Cheesehead
11-24-2009, 10:41 AM
Mike, both you and Charlotte are in our prayers. Keep us posted, and stay strong.

SWOOSH
11-24-2009, 10:53 AM
I haven't met either, but prayers sent, I wish you two the best!

LeoVampire
11-24-2009, 12:08 PM
Our best wishes and prayers go out to Charlotte and you in the hopes that she recovers and the both of you get back to a more normal life once again!

What a thing to happen so close to the holiday's. :(

DOOM
11-24-2009, 12:37 PM
Mike i am truly sorry to hear this sad news.
Prayers sent bro!

ntd
11-24-2009, 01:52 PM
sorry to hear this, Charlotte will be in my prayers keep us posted

chapel1
11-24-2009, 02:40 PM
Mike ,Gail and I send our prayers to you and Charlotte.

Cobra25
11-24-2009, 03:13 PM
Our prayers too you and Charlotte.

LIGHTNIN1
11-24-2009, 03:36 PM
DONE. Wish you a added amount of strength to get through this one.

MM2004
11-24-2009, 03:41 PM
Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers!

Charlotte spent most of the afternoon in X-Ray as the doctors are still gathering information.

She is back in her room eating dinner, and I will be heading up there shortly.

IV drip is going strong and the Hospital Staff continues to do an excellent job in caring for her.

This morning I told Charlotte about this thread while on the phone with her, and she was overwhelmed by the number of responses and support thus far!

This truly is a wonderful site, and am proud to be a part of it!

Thanks again and keep the prayers coming!

:beer:

Mike.

W4LTD
11-24-2009, 03:47 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your friend...

jgc61sr2002
11-24-2009, 04:41 PM
Mike - Praying for a speedy recovery.

Blackened300a
11-24-2009, 04:53 PM
Sorry to hear the news, Hope she pulls through with a speedy recovery.

Stoneblue
11-24-2009, 05:06 PM
Consider it done for both of you my friend. To a speedy remission.

Ms. Denmark
11-24-2009, 07:06 PM
Please give Charlotte a big hug and kiss from us Mike. You guys were having so much fun together at MV7! You're both in our prayers.

Haggis
11-24-2009, 07:36 PM
Chris and I are very upset to hear this news, we will keep Charlotte, you and her family in our thoughts and prayers and hope for a speedy recovery. Mike if you need someone to talk to call us on Chris's cell.

guspech750
11-24-2009, 08:26 PM
I am so sorry. I too have seen MS take down people. My mother has MS and I have seen how it can just devastate ones life. I hope it all works out.:(

FastMerc
11-24-2009, 08:49 PM
Prayers sent I met and chatted with her at MV 7 and remember her being barefoot that was funny wish her well. :)

JamesHecker
11-25-2009, 12:42 AM
GodSpeed for her speedy and complete recovery.

My wife has MS and we are quite involved in the MS community. We each facilitate support groups. Hers for people with MS, mine for family members and loved ones.

If you ever have questions or want direction to resources and information, feel free to contact me. Send a PM and I will give you my phone number and or email.

MS is a terrible and devastating disease, but there are incredible resources and support to fight it and live with it.

God Bless
James

Drewstang
11-25-2009, 04:57 PM
Thoughts are with you guys Mike. Text me with the hospital info.

MM2004
11-25-2009, 05:39 PM
Well...

Charlotte was released today in spite of the fact she cannot walk without assistance. :(

She is now sleeping comfortably on my couch after her parents brought her to my place.

Her kids will be staying with their Grandparents tonite while I am being whisper quiet baking pies for tomorrow.

Her left leg has little to no improvement, blood sugar is sky-high due to the steroids and her potassium is very low.

Keeping an eye on her as the night progresses.

Charlotte has told me her heart is warmed over the responses from everyone, and I continue to pray for her speedy recovery.

God bless,

Mike & Charlotte.

Bigdogjim
11-25-2009, 08:58 PM
Mike I am so sorry to read of this turn of events.

Prayers send God Bless get well quick.

Mr. Man
11-25-2009, 09:10 PM
Well...

Charlotte was released today in spite of the fact she cannot walk without assistance. :(

She is now sleeping comfortably on my couch after her parents brought her to my place.

Her kids will be staying with their Grandparents tonite while I am being whisper quiet baking pies for tomorrow.

Her left leg has little to no improvement, blood sugar is sky-high due to the steroids and her potassium is very low.

Charlotte has told me her heart is warmed over the responses from everyone, and I continue to pray for her speedy recovery.

God bless,

Mike & Charlotte.

Glad to hear she's on the mend.:):2thumbs: What kind of pies? mmmmm.....Pie:drool:

1stMerc
11-25-2009, 09:27 PM
Mike, so sorry to hear this news. Prayers sent for you and her.

P.s keep some bananas on hand to help bring her potassium up.

Waymon

Bradley G
11-26-2009, 05:01 AM
Wow!
late seeing this thread.
Prayers from all us guys here Charlotte!
Stay strong Lady!!!
Happy Turkey day:food:

ntd
11-26-2009, 09:22 AM
Well...

God bless,

Mike & Charlotte.

Glad to hear she will be with someone that truly cares for her on Thanksgiving and not in the hospital. I will continue to pray for her to improve.

Georges93LX
11-26-2009, 03:02 PM
Mike: I missed this thread also. Prayers for both families and speedy recovery for Charlotte.

Ken
11-29-2009, 07:45 PM
Mike, My thoughts and prayers go out to you and Charlotte.

Ken

TAKEDOWN
11-29-2009, 07:54 PM
Prayer sent Sir!

MM2004
12-05-2009, 11:38 AM
Charlotte was back to using her leg after roughly 3 days of rest and assistance from a walker and cane.

Slight tingling in her foot that comes and goes, but is definately doing 100% better after her hospital release.

Our heartfelt thanks goes out to everyone for their thoughts and prayers during our time of need!

The responses that poured in actually had Charlotte in tears and she made the statement that it "Warms my heart".

Thanks again and God bless.

Mike and Charlotte.

SC Cheesehead
12-05-2009, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the update, and let Charlotte know the prayers are still coming.

Ms. Denmark
12-05-2009, 12:26 PM
Please give her our very best wishes Mike!!:)

Bluerauder
12-05-2009, 06:22 PM
Charlotte was back to using her leg after roughly 3 days of rest and assistance from a walker and cane.
Thanks for the update Mike. Glad to hear that Charlotte is feeling better and getting around. Still keeping her in our thoughts and prayers.

ntd
12-05-2009, 06:28 PM
Merry Christmas Mike and Charlotte definitely alot to be thankful for this year hopefully she will continue to improve.

Mr. Man
12-05-2009, 08:41 PM
Glad to hear she's up and about.:) Hope you are doing well too.:beer:

Bradley G
12-06-2009, 05:02 AM
Excellent! continued success on a speedy recovery!:banana2: