PDA

View Full Version : "you're a weirdo"

Slowpoke
10-28-2003, 09:23 PM
let me set the scene for you.

a few minutes ago, my wife was putting our son into his crib. He was sleeping very soundly. On even numbered days, we place him facing one direction and odd numbered days, place him the the direction - something to so with keeping his karma level or some other equally-as-crazy reason.

Anyway, I look at the fancy digital temperature/clock/calendar thing in his room and think for a minute and then say, "Hey, do you know what it will be in two days?" She say, "No, what?", to which I answer, "It will be exactly one year since we took delivery on the Marauder - we got it on October 30th".

You guessed it, she gave me one of those looks and said, "You're a weirdo!"

Marauder57
10-28-2003, 09:29 PM
Nothing wrong there...unless of course you don't get your MM a gift.....

Bigdogjim
10-28-2003, 09:33 PM
Don't worry Poke its a guy thing.............. My wife looks at me that way all the time :lol:

cruzer
10-28-2003, 10:06 PM
What bdj says !!!! (Just DON'T forget HER birthday) 50 years experience speaking

jgc61sr2002
10-28-2003, 10:19 PM
Maury - Good advice.:D

Long Live #3
10-28-2003, 10:59 PM
You are a wierdo. :lol:

Directedby
10-28-2003, 11:26 PM
Maybe every other year you should park your Marauder the other way - ya know - to get good car Karma.

It could get rid of that darn ticking noise!

Constable
10-28-2003, 11:39 PM
If that's the cure for the "tick", then I'm going to turn it around right now!

RCSignals
10-29-2003, 12:56 AM
Well she sure knows you well!

Jet, and the MM should sleep with their head pointing East.

THE_INTERCEPTOR
10-29-2003, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Slowpoke
let me set the scene for you.

a few minutes ago, my wife was putting our son into his crib. He was sleeping very soundly. On even numbered days, we place him facing one direction and odd numbered days, place him the the direction - something to so with keeping his karma level or some other equally-as-crazy reason.

Anyway, I look at the fancy digital temperature/clock/calendar thing in his room and think for a minute and then say, "Hey, do you know what it will be in two days?" She say, "No, what?", to which I answer, "It will be exactly one year since we took delivery on the Marauder - we got it on October 30th".

You guessed it, she gave me one of those looks and said, "You're a weirdo!"

well Congrats on your 1 year anniversary Slowpoke! You and I have that in common. I picked up my Crown Vic Oct 30, 2001.
:D :) :) :cool: :D :) :cool:

dwasson
10-29-2003, 07:17 AM
One of my buddies was standing inside the doorway of his newborn daughter's room. He was just standing and staring pensively. His wife asked him what he was thinking and he replied, "Honey, you know the color of that blanket would be perfect for the upholstery on the boat.

She slapped him.

Paul T. Casey
10-29-2003, 08:48 AM
Poke, I get the old "You're such a child," pretty often. I think it means the same thing. She thinks it's an insult. As for the direction of the sleeping child, that's nothing new. There are a lot of customs refering to such things. My wife, being an American Indian, has friends from some tribes who say it's best to sleep in a nort/south direction, while others say east/west is best. Personally for me, I've found that lying down with my eyes closed works best.

O's Fan Rich
10-29-2003, 09:37 AM
Don't forget your wedding annversary.
She may recall this little incident then.

Haggis
10-29-2003, 09:51 AM
There was nothing in my Wedding vows on having a good memory, just for better or worse. Uh, what's that Honey... Ok I'm sorry..yes I remember our Anniversary and your Birthday too!:help:

Agent M79
10-29-2003, 10:17 AM
Aww. Happy Anniversary, Poke.

The first anniversary is the "paper" anniversary. Maybe you could get her some new MM note pads? Or some of those LML warning stickers?

SergntMac
10-29-2003, 02:54 PM
I don't get it Rick, what's your point again?

MapleLeafMerc
11-01-2003, 09:44 PM
I sympathise, poke. These days men have to be vewwy, vewwy, careful.

It's no joke in my house to say:

If mama's happy, everyone's happy. If mama's not happy, no one's happy.