PDA

View Full Version : What I have noticed on this site is...

Long Live #3
10-28-2003, 11:05 PM
that everyone treats each other with respect. That's something that I never thought of when I joined. I thought that it would be just another forum. But no, it was something more than that. It's like being part of a second family, one where I can express myself without breaking anything in the process.:D

But anyway, what were you thinking when you registered on this site? Were you thinking the same as I had, or was it something else? Also, what was going through your minds when I joined?

Constable
10-28-2003, 11:26 PM
Well, I was lurking around reading the posts for a few weeks prior to actually ordering my MM. I registered the day I ordered my baby. I really didn't have any intention of actually being social with all of you. I just thought I was going to use this site as a tool to keep up on MM news. Who knew?? I also had no intention of modifying the car. WOW... did I change my mind quick or what?!

THE_INTERCEPTOR
10-29-2003, 02:38 AM
I love Panther platform cars, and I always have. I have been on Crownvic.net for awhile now, and several people had mentioned Mercurymarauder.net/com. Figured I'd come over and see what its all about. Sure enough, its another cool forum for Panther Platform enthusiasts! Wish I had a Marauder!

miamisilvermm
10-29-2003, 04:38 AM
I also regularly visited crownvic.net while waiting for Mercury to produce another color than black. After I got my 2004 silver mm, I found this site while searching for accessories. Now I'm a daily visitor here.

Rider90
10-29-2003, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by THE_INTERCEPTOR
I love Panther platform cars, and I always have. I have been on Crownvic.net for awhile now, and several people had mentioned Mercurymarauder.net/com. Figured I'd come over and see what its all about. Sure enough, its another cool forum for Panther Platform enthusiasts! Wish I had a Marauder!
werd :up:

Paul T. Casey
10-29-2003, 05:50 AM
Found this site ny accident, that cry baby J Olzablab or something like that got tossed and was on the other MM site. I was pleasantly surprised with this one, and pretty much don't bother with any others. The people here are the best, even better when you meet them in person at a Marauder event. As for you, I think your parents and yourself should be proud. You are a fine, upstanding gentleman!!! And a NASCAR fan to boot!

dwasson
10-29-2003, 07:24 AM
That this site has worked as long as it has owes a lot to Logan and proper management. I've seen too many boards die because one or two people couldn't accept the idea that someone would disagree with them. I like the level of conversation on this board, civil, with enough irreverence that it doesn't get stale. I enjoy visiting daily, when I should be working.

And I'm adult enough to live with the idea that some of you may disagree with me. You have the right to be wrong.

TripleTransAm
10-29-2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by dwasson
And I'm adult enough to live with the idea that some of you may disagree with me.

I disagree...

:lol:

Hack Goby
10-29-2003, 12:57 PM
Being a Vicster I tried all the Crown Vic sites and some are good and some are down right silly.Here in the Detroit area we have alot of Marauders and not alot of Crown Vics that go to the cruises plus having Lidio in your own backyard(Mt.Clemens)make this the right site for me.

vaderv
10-29-2003, 01:03 PM
I had hoped to find some serious suspension upgrades.

LincMercLover
10-29-2003, 01:08 PM
I had visions of taking over the world through this very site! But then I was made a admin... Sigh... :rolleyes:

Logan
10-29-2003, 01:15 PM
When I registered, I was thinking, "Ah what the heck, I'll put it up, if it doesn't get any traffic I'll delete it next month..."

:)

Dr Caleb
10-29-2003, 01:36 PM
I was dissapointed with low end torque on my MM. I opened Google, typed "Mercury Marauder more low end torque" and hit the "I'm feeling Lucky" button.

I wound up here. Come to think of it, that was the last time I 'got lucky'. Hmmmmm. I need to get out more.

Smokie
10-29-2003, 04:09 PM
Long Live #3 I found this site in July of 02 while searching the internet for info on the MM. I had just bought mine and was wondering if I was the only person that bought/liked this car. No Marauders other than mine in my area (metropolitan area of about 1.5 million people) and my first post in Sept. of 02 was titled "Low End Torque" or lack thereof. Boy what a difference a year makes!!! Mine scoots out the hole now like a rocket, thanks to this site ( thank you Logan) and Dennis Reinhart. And also thank you to all my Marauder Brothers and Sisters.:beer: :beer:

Silver_04
10-29-2003, 07:00 PM
I think this site is great-class act bunch of folks around here. Looking for mods but glad I found a group that was just excited about this great automobile.

JET
10-29-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Long Live #3
that everyone treats each other with respect. That's something that I never thought of when I joined. I thought that it would be just another forum. But no, it was something more than that. It's like being part of a second family, one where I can express myself without breaking anything in the process.:D

A tear is running down my cheek at this very moment. I love each & everyone of you just like an evil stepsister.

All kidding aside I agree 100% with you LL#3. Thanks for the NASCAR updates

#29 Rules

jgc61sr2002
10-29-2003, 07:55 PM
Joe - When I was thinking of purchasing a Marauder I came across this site. It is the best by far thanks to Logan and LML. It is addictive and I'm here as often as possible. :cool: :up:

Long Live #3
10-29-2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by JET
A tear is running down my cheek at this very moment. I love each & everyone of you just like an evil stepsister.

All kidding aside I agree 100% with you LL#3. Thanks for the NASCAR updates

#29 Rules

Thank you JET. Dale Earnahrdt and Kevin Harvick rule!

RoyLPita
10-30-2003, 05:06 AM
This is the site that keeps me yearning for a MM of my own. It is also the first site that I look at when I go online.

jrzygrl
10-30-2003, 07:07 AM
My husband, who is an avid gamer and bike site enthusiast, found the site for me after the MM purchase..I'll bet he's kickin' himself in the a** for it now!!! :depress:

CRUZTAKER
10-30-2003, 06:06 PM
I couldn't get into the "other" MM site....had never even heard of such a thing as a forum thingy....let alone talking to people on the internet! I couldn't figure out how to drive this monster in the snow......I asked here, and the rest is history. I have found and met more friends here in 10 months than I have in ten years. My wife was about fed up with me being online until recently coming to two meets, meeting the people, and although she likes her LS far more than our MM, she recently said to me after poking around and hitting the chat room, now I see your interest. What screen name should I use? Oh man, now I AM IN TROUBLE!

Bigdogjim
10-30-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Logan
When I registered, I was thinking, "Ah what the heck, I'll put it up, if it doesn't get any traffic I'll delete it next month..."

:)

Bet never in your wildest dreams did you think over 100 of us would travel to Texas and hang out with you! :)

Look where we are only one and a half years later!

Simply the "best"

:) :) :)

SergntMac
10-30-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by CRUZTAKER
I have found and met more friends here in 10 months than I have in ten years.

Ditto...And real friends too, eh?

Originally posted by CRUZTAKER
My wife was about fed up with me being online until recently coming to two meets, meeting the people, and although she likes her LS far more than our MM, she recently said to me after poking around and hitting the chat room, now I see your interest. What screen name should I use? Oh man, now I AM IN TROUBLE!

RCSignals
10-30-2003, 08:45 PM
What was I thinking???

I remember seeing Logan post on CVN that he was starting this site. He got pretty beat up over him doing that, so I looked it up and lurked for a while. It just had to be great I thought.
At first there wasn't much of anything at all here. But I decided to register after a while, and the rest is history.

martyo
10-30-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by SergntMac

How true!!

Dr Caleb
10-31-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by SergntMac

And we need someone new to hit on.... :)

Join the Dark Side Jess :lol:

BISHOPSS95
10-31-2003, 02:36 PM
Hi my name is Bishop and I like big cars too.

I've had this problem since I got my license in 76 and started driving my mom's 75 Buick LaSabre. 160hp with a 4bbl lol.

This site gives me strength not to just go out and smack the hell out of some 4 bangers.

Thank you Logan

jparrie
11-02-2003, 04:51 PM
The first time I laid eyes on a Marauder was wile I was doing some work on a LM lot. I went inside and asked the sales manager for the keys.

Drove it, fell in love with it, found this site.

Lurked about here for 6 months or so learning more about the car, bought mine a couple of months ago.

It was great being able to learn so much about the car before buying! Thanks Logan and All.

Jim