PDA

View Full Version : Why Do They Call It .... Home Improvement ???

Bluerauder
11-30-2009, 06:41 PM
I am sitting here in the middle of a disaster area. My kitchen is torn apart. My stove is in the dining room. The refrigerator is in the computer room. The breakfast nook is now in front of the sliding glass doors to the deck. If I can't lift my wife over the rail to upstairs, she'll be sleeping on the couch tonight ... maybe tomorrow night too. :D

The good news is that I can reach the refrigerator (and its contents) from where I am sitting typing this post. Talk about convenient. :up:

About 3 weeks ago, we ordered a new floor for the kitchen. Porcelian tile for the kitchen, breakfast area, entry/foyer, hallway and powder room. Apparently, this was a big deal for the wife for the past several years. She had a problem with the floor ..... color, pattern, aesthetics, coordination, etc., etc., etc. For me, the floor was working perfectly well. It kept everything from ending up in the basement. :D I didn't even know it was color coordinated .... and couldn't care less.

My powder room toilet is sitting on the front porch. So far the neighbors have not complained; but I find it very inconvenient to go all the way upstairs. ;) Hope they are not taking pictures.

I am sure that this will be absolutely wonderful when it is completed. I am really looking forward to the new color coordination and ambiance afforded by this project.

They are supposed to be outta here on Wednesday .... any bets???

Question: Can you count a whole floor as a bonafide Christmas present for your wife? :o

Mr. Man
11-30-2009, 06:47 PM
Sounds like an episode of the Virginia hillbillies:D I'm sure Bernie has it all figured out and all you need to do is sign the check and say "YES DEAR":P

Bluerauder
11-30-2009, 06:54 PM
Sounds like an episode of the Virginia hillbillies:D I'm sure Bernie has it all figured out and all you need to do is sign the check and say "YES DEAR":P
I don't even sign the checks anymore. When I went to the bank to get cash for Indianapolis, the teller said that she knows my wife by sight because she sees her all the time; but that I would have to produce some ID. :rofl:

I am just gonna order a Trilogy and we'll call it even this year. :P

MM2004
11-30-2009, 06:57 PM
I don't even sign the checks anymore. When I went to the bank to get cash for Indianapolis, the teller said that she knows my wife by sight because she sees her all the time; but that I would have to produce some ID. :rofl:

Let us know how that works out for ya' Charlie!

lol

Years ago, it cost Dad an entire kitchen cabinet upgrade in Cherry over him buying a heater (gas) for his garage!

Do the math on the Trilogy...

:D

Mike.

bob6364
11-30-2009, 08:59 PM
I see your kitchen remodel and raise you a garage addition.....
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs076.snc3/14331_1152118642612_1217020431 _383924_1226473_n.jpg

Leadfoot281
11-30-2009, 09:08 PM
At least you have a second bathroom.

I re-did mine a couple years ago and for a week I had to take showers from a garden hose routed from the kitchen sink, through a window, to the backyard. Also, it isn't just bears that ***** in the woods either...

It's really nice not having any neighbors. :)

Mr. Man
11-30-2009, 10:32 PM

I re-did mine a couple years ago and for a week I had to take showers from a garden hose routed from the kitchen sink, through a window, to the backyard. Also, it isn't just bears that ***** in the woods either...

OMG! you had a garden hose AND a backyard. Why back when I went to school we had to.......Oh wait a minute.... senior moment:lol:

Bigdogjim
12-01-2009, 04:46 AM

How big is the dog house? It will be your new home if that idea becomes an action plan.

FAIL

Haggis
12-01-2009, 04:56 AM
....My powder room toilet is sitting on the front porch. So far the neighbors have not complained;...Hope they are not taking pictures.

Start using the toilet on the porch and I am sure your neighbors will start taking pictures. :rofl:

Bluerauder
12-01-2009, 05:12 AM

.... And a 3rd and 4th with three showers. At least I won't be taking showers in the yard with a garden hose. :rofl: If I did, this project would have been done in July instead of December. ;)

SC Cheesehead
12-01-2009, 06:12 AM
Question: Can you count a whole floor as a bonafide Christmas present for your wife? :o

I know what you CAN count on if she doesn't like the end result (been there, done that, got the stinkin' shirt....;)).

jonroe
12-01-2009, 06:19 AM
Charlie,

We did the kitchen refurb about 3 years ago. Ripped the whole thing out to the walls including the floor. Luckily it was completed in 5 short weeks starting on Jan. 2. The result was excellent though. The new kitchen turned out very nice. We had the island, the refrigerator, and the microwave in the dining room. You could sit at the table and reach back into the fridge - convenient! The microwave got real old after a couple of weeks - no more Panini sandwiches for me ever again!

Jon

SILVERSURFER03
12-01-2009, 07:11 AM
im with you CHARLIE if the floor is working WHY fix it .... GOOD luck on geeting it all done and i hope SHE likes it alot ..... btw the blower sounds like a FAIR trade LOL

SC Cheesehead
12-01-2009, 07:45 AM
im with you CHARLIE if the floor is working WHY fix it .... GOOD luck on geeting it all done and i hope SHE likes it alot ..... btw the blower sounds like a FAIR trade LOL

For sure!

+1 on the blower, and yeah, sleeping on the couch ain't all THAT bad...;)

justbob
12-01-2009, 08:20 AM
Charlie, you crack me up! As a home remodeler, there is NOTHING I haven't seen! What is sad is how the divorce rate shoots right up. Most people have no idea what they are in for.

GordonB
12-01-2009, 02:10 PM
Charlie,
Best of luck with the new tile floor for the kitchen! Remember the best 2 words you can say are, 'Yes Dear, what else would you like me to do now for you?'
GordonB

Mr. Man
12-01-2009, 02:22 PM
Yes Dear!! How high would you like me to jump DEAR:lol: