PDA

View Full Version : I posted on an RX7 board about the car being too small and they think I'm retarded

Stranger in the Black Sedan
12-01-2009, 04:08 PM
I picked up an RX7 as another random beater car just because it was cheap, I knew the guy that owned it, and it runs great. But it is a tiny little midgy car and it is not comfortable to sit in. I complained about my findings on the RX7 board and of course, none of the RX7 owners could possibly understand why I find the car too small. They are all over 6 feet and they claim to fit fine. They then give me instructions on how to sit in the car because they believe the car to be big enough, but I am just sitting wrong.

LOL

http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=876094

I showed them pictures comparing the RX7 to a normal car that I drive to prove my point

Hotrauder
12-01-2009, 04:19 PM
Not surprising climbing from our tanks into the RX-7 it feels small. What the hell, it is. I purchased the first RX-7 Turbo, bought it to race and have fun with and it was perfect. I was 6-2 and 185 and it fit and performed exactly as I had hoped, especially after I put the Aussie kick ass kit on it. Steve Millen did a great job with it and I raised hell with the snotty Porsche Zone 1 clowns at Watkins Glen for several years. Perhaps you expected a family grocery hauler? Hope you learn to like it if not love it as I did. Dennis:beer:

offroadkarter
12-01-2009, 04:25 PM
You do sit pretty close to the wheel though, if you had long legs you probably wouldn't have an issue...

See if you could add a tilt wheel like you were talking about there, that'd fix your problem

Either that, or cut the bottom of the wheel off :D

12-01-2009, 04:41 PM
^I have considered both of those options cut/tilt! I can't change the length of me sea legs!! I could drive wearing platform shoes though

Blown3.8
12-01-2009, 05:13 PM
Let me know if you wanna sell it. Got a pic of the outside?

Phrog_gunner
12-01-2009, 05:19 PM
Pics, or it doesn't exist...:P

cvpiftw
12-01-2009, 05:29 PM
The RX7 is a big car.... comapred to a miata.

n00bkiller944
12-01-2009, 06:55 PM
Sounds like normal problem to me... Those guys have probably just gotten used to having their knees on the side of the wheel and doing weird feet movement to shift. Can we see pics?

Bigdogjim
12-01-2009, 07:22 PM
Don't feel bad the "marauder" is too small for me:luagh:

12-01-2009, 08:59 PM
You want pics of my rx7? Okay . I just got it and I already have it on craigslist for ha has. If it doesn't sell I'll keep improving it and throwing money into it just like with all the other cars

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/cto/1487921011.html

you can see a video in my ad, ryan was the camera man for that, I can't believe he even fit in the rx7

CRUZTAKER
12-01-2009, 09:02 PM
I owned a first and second gen RX7.

Yes...small... but with basic mods and a turbo....brutal on 5.0's.;)

Donny Carlson
12-01-2009, 09:05 PM
I owned a first and second gen RX7.

Yes...small... but with basic mods and a turbo....brutal on 5.0's.;)

Local guy has one with an LS1 in it he brings to shows. That's got to be a shocker.

CRUZTAKER
12-01-2009, 09:19 PM
Local guy has one with an LS1 in it he brings to shows. That's got to be a shocker.

I have seen that conversion.

But here in lies the issue.
That motor is heavy, albeit a 4x hp spewer.
The rotory can be hand lifted out of the car by two healthy teenagers.
The car handles differently with that in the nose.

I am much more impressed with the V8 swaps in the old school 280X's.
Both however require entire new drivelines and rearends.

offroadkarter
12-01-2009, 09:22 PM

I told him to do an LS6 swap, but nooooope! :D

4play
12-01-2009, 09:41 PM
that looks like a sweet car..... not the rx7 but that big black thing to the right of it in the one pic..... I wish I could have something like that:burn: