PDA

View Full Version : Vids of my 87 GN

JimP
12-08-2009, 05:32 PM
Since I don't see a video section, I figured I'd post a couple here.

First one is a day at the track, I had intended to watch on this day but was talked into making a couple of runs. This was with pump gas and a mild tune.

Second video, flexing the muscle on a private road, yes a private road, no cross traffic, driveways of houses for miles.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Playing-with-the-87-Buick_146365.htm

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Grand-National-Take-off_133931.htm

W4LTD
12-08-2009, 06:02 PM
www.mercurymarauder.net :rolleyes:

ImpalaSlayer
12-08-2009, 06:26 PM
nice gn man!

SpartaPerformance
12-08-2009, 06:28 PM
1st off ditch the music, real car guys want to here engine and exhaust any boost if applicable not music.
2nd What a Micket E.T.? ;)

ntd
12-08-2009, 06:31 PM
www.mercury (http://%3Cfont%20color=%22Blue%22%3Ew ww.mercury%3C/font%3E)marauder.net :rolleyes:

Very true but I have always loved GN:bows:. Like our beloved Marauders they are kind of rare and very cool.

Blackened300a
12-08-2009, 06:47 PM
www.mercury (http://%3Cfont%20color=%22Blue%22%3Ew ww.mercury%3C/font%3E)marauder.net :rolleyes:

True but I always like the GN so its cool to see a few vid's every now and then,

1st off ditch the music, real car guys want to here engine and exhaust any boost if applicable not music.
2nd What a Micket E.T.? ;)

If it was David Guetta playing over the car you wouldn't mind. :lol:
Nothing wrong with a little Pantera now and then. :rock:

Very true but I have always loved GN:bows:. Like our beloved Marauders they are kind of rare and very cool.

+1,
Plus some of their owners are more obsessed then we are. ;)

LANDY
12-08-2009, 06:58 PM
love the car. miss mine.what a blast with a turbo car.
you got the perfect match:
Grand National
Marauder
it can't get better than that. there is no need for any other car in my world.

Phrog_gunner
12-08-2009, 07:22 PM

So how does your SHO eco-boost sig fit into that? :P

LOWBUCKMM
12-08-2009, 07:50 PM
the first time i ever drove a gn i did not know a dam thing about them. i goosed it throu a yellow light scared the ***** out of me and the sales lady when the boost hit. and i have been in love with them from that moment on.

Mr. Man
12-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Nice car. I assume its the video quality that makes your car sound like a diesel.

martyo
12-08-2009, 08:12 PM
www.mercurymarauder.net :rolleyes:

I hope you are ****' kidding.

GNs are cool.

This is a car site with car guys and gals.

Does that mean that I am only allowed to post about my MM and none of my other cars?

What about the countless social thread on here???

SpartaPerformance
12-08-2009, 09:17 PM
True but I always like the GN so its cool to see a few vid's every now and then,

If it was David Guetta playing over the car you wouldn't mind. :lol:
Nothing wrong with a little Pantera now and then. :rock:

I like GN's too, sound like an electric zipper running down the track.

Imagine the tree goes green.." Now that the caaaaaaar iiiiiis gone... (chorus) car is gone...

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

dohc324ci
12-09-2009, 08:01 AM
Love the GN! They even stuffed that turbo 3.8 into an 89" TA, I remember a motortrend article where the TA went over 160 with the t3.8 and the driver said "I wouldnt do that again on this platform"...LOL

LIGHTNIN1
12-09-2009, 09:20 AM
The GN was my first love before the MM. An amazing car. Thanks for sharing.:2thumbs:

W4LTD
12-09-2009, 04:27 PM
I hope you are ****' kidding.

GNs are cool.

This is a car site with car guys and gals.

Does that mean that I am only allowed to post about my MM and none of my other cars?

What about the countless social thread on here???

Yes, Marty, I was just kidding. I agree with you about the social blogging on here -- sometimes it feels more like Facebook. Seems like the technical aspect of this forum has departed with Zack. :(

martyo
12-09-2009, 04:36 PM
Yes, Marty, I was just kidding. I agree with you about the social blogging on here -- sometimes it feels more like Facebook. Seems like the technical aspect of this forum has departed with Zack. :(

This site is, and should be about more than tech stuff. Why else would their be Maraudervilles and countless other gatherings?

And who is Zack? :flamer: Just kidding. I wish he was allowed back in here.

Marauderman
12-09-2009, 04:50 PM
This site is, and should be about more than tech stuff. Why else would their be Maraudervilles and countless other gatherings?

After all..the MM from 03/04 is now 6/7+ years old now.......and we have covered about everything about it...to which one of my best friends would say about now "Check out the search Button "--but it is a car site foe everyone and their thoughts , ideas, comments on cars --plain and simple--thus the various forums to post your comments into--now that's great ---

Phrog_gunner
12-09-2009, 05:03 PM

I knew you were just kidding. :beer:

JimP
12-10-2009, 07:10 AM
"All OFF-TOPIC, marauder unrelated posts must go here"

so I figured a couple of videos of an 87 GN wouldn't hurt. I will post vids of my recently acquired Marauder once the snow is gone and I have the opportunity to personalize it and boost performance.

For those who didn't mind, the sound in the videos does not do the car justice. I usually dump the exhaust and yes you can really hear the turbo spool. I also usually leave the line with 10+ lbs of boost and tune for 26psi, this gets me easily into the deep tens. I have more vids, better ones just need to host them somewhere for viewing. Still figuring out this site so be patient with me. We all share the love, or "sickness" of cars as my wife puts it.

Anyone want to see my Friend's 8 sec street driven 69 Firebird twin turbo?

Anyway take care.

ctrlraven
12-10-2009, 07:45 AM
The GN, GNX, Typhoon and Syclone are all full of badazz.

LANDY
12-10-2009, 07:32 PM
"All OFF-TOPIC, marauder unrelated posts must go here"

Anyone want to see my Friend's 8 sec street driven 69 Firebird twin turbo?

Anyway take care.
yes i want to see a 8 second 69 firebird.