PDA

View Full Version : Proposed Theme Song

ledzilla
12-16-2009, 12:44 AM
Back in October, I had purchased the latest album by Megadeth on its release date. This particular song was on the album and it seemed like a good idea for a theme song for us. From the album "Endgame", we have 1320'...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_oKsj0OBys

:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock: :rock::rock::rock::rock:

BTW: This album has been in the in-dash player for the last two months... This song tends to inspire a little more extra pressure on the go pedal. :D

Glockafella
12-16-2009, 08:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS_edPkWa-c

This song is much more impressive when watching a man in his basement play it.

a_d_a_m
12-16-2009, 09:26 AM
Great album, and cool theme song for your car!
Kind of blows my mind that Mustaine would write a song about drag racing and having fun and stuff. Most of his songs are about how the government sucks or chicks that pissed him off at one time or another. :D

Haven't yet decided on a theme for mine yet...

a_d_a_m
12-16-2009, 09:27 AM
Hahaha, maybe the STAP tour next year can be called the "Countdown To Extinction"!

Mike Poore
12-16-2009, 09:27 AM
MM's were envisioned from first principals as a fast luxo barge targeted at WellHealedFatOldFarts (WHFOF's) who, I assume, have never heard of Megadeath, let alone listened to, or bought any of their albums.

No, I fear, the audience you're targeting with a theme song would be buying their music on vinyl, and certainly with no more edge than Born To Be Wild by Steppenwolf. http://popup.lala.com/popup/432627043551431766

Just my :twocents: ...:D

justbob
12-16-2009, 12:02 PM
I must confess Mike, I STILL haven't had a taste of the new Megadeth CD!! I was HUGE into them, I just keep forgetting about the "new" music. Off to Itunes I go!

justbob
12-16-2009, 12:31 PM
Great album, and cool theme song for your car!
Kind of blows my mind that Mustaine would write a song about drag racing and having fun and stuff. Most of his songs are about how the government sucks or chicks that pissed him off at one time or another. :D

Haven't yet decided on a theme for mine yet...
Don't forget their 502 song from '88 So far. so good... SO WHAT! God, has it really been 21 freakin years! I was a sophmore when I bought that tape, yes tape...:rock: Old or not, long live metal!!

Glenn
12-16-2009, 12:45 PM
I punch-up The Rollin' Stones when I need some road inspiration. :burnout:

I guess that really shows my age.

Glenn :beer:

ledzilla
12-16-2009, 12:57 PM
Don't forget their 502 song from '88 So far. so good... SO WHAT! God, has it really been 21 freaky years! I was a sophmore when I bought that tape, yes tape...:rock: Old or not, long live metal!!

"Pull over, s**thead! This is the cops!" hehe Great opening line to a song. :D

a_d_a_m
12-16-2009, 01:02 PM
Holy hell, I forgot about that album and that song.

Hacklemerc
12-16-2009, 01:21 PM
I have this album but never could get into it. IT is WAYYYY better than the last effort put out by Megadeth. I've always been a huge Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax fan. For me it just doesn't get any better than Slayers Seasons in the Abyss...

MrBluGruv
12-16-2009, 01:38 PM
Metallica or Pantera for me if I want a little older metal fix. Rarely does hair metal get me up enough to get heavy on the loud pedal.

justbob
12-16-2009, 01:49 PM
I can even remember when Metallica was a rock band:D
n4VPHETeDTc
e_N7piP2pn4&feature=related

MrBluGruv
12-16-2009, 01:53 PM
There best stuff in my opinion was off the self-titled album. Don't Tread on Me, Holier than Though, The Unforgiven, One, Nothing Else Matters, Enter Sandman.

Ride the lightning had a song or two worth mentioning, I've recently found a new love for For Whom the Bell Tolls.

justbob
12-16-2009, 01:55 PM
No remorse? Another great one.

Blackened300a
12-16-2009, 03:38 PM
I must confess Mike, I STILL haven't had a taste of the new Megadeth CD!! I was HUGE into them, I just keep forgetting about the "new" music. Off to Itunes I go!

+1
Countdown to Extinction is one of my all time faves, I played that album front to back over and over.

Mike Poore
12-16-2009, 06:50 PM
There best stuff in my opinion was off the self-titled album. Don't Tread on Me, Holier than Though, The Unforgiven, One, Nothing Else Matters, Enter Sandman.

Ride the lightning had a song or two worth mentioning, I've recently found a new love for For Whom the Bell Tolls.

:eek: HUH? No way you and I are thinking about the same piece of music.

Haggis
12-17-2009, 07:47 AM
Mustaine's music has gone down hill since he became a 'Born again'.