PDA

View Full Version : Moving Soon

Donny Carlson
12-20-2009, 11:09 PM
Our house has sold, and I will be out of here in a month. My elderly parents are moving down with my sister, who is retired and can give them better care (and more time for it), and I will be going to temporary quarters until I can move in to a new place. I'll be updating my email addy here for PM's, so if you need me after Jan 1, PM me here and I'll get back to you. My cell number will not change.

And it SUCKS to move out of a place you lived for 22 years, especially since the move is happening about a week after ye olde stent #3.

I'd be happy to sleep on a cot in Marty's shop out back of his house, but the commute to work would be a mofo.:)

Glenn
12-21-2009, 10:02 AM
Best of luck Donny. Difficult thing to do over the holidays and with your condition.

Let's hit the Sunday C&O car run in February after the weather warms up and you feel better.

Glenn

martyo
12-21-2009, 10:42 AM
I'd be happy to sleep on a cot in Marty's shop out back of his house, but the commute to work would be a mofo.:)

Donny let me know if there is anything we can do to help!!!!!

GAMike
12-21-2009, 12:30 PM
Hey Donny:

Hopefully this will be just another thing to look back on, as a better move than it appeared to be at the time.

I'm pullin for a great 2010 for ya bud. Like Marty says, if there is anything I can do......... :beer:

White Knuckles
12-21-2009, 03:32 PM
Moving is a pain to go through, but this sounds like it could be a good thing.
I bet the Atlanta group is ready for a road trip:beer: Let us know if we can help.

Motorhead350
12-22-2009, 11:55 PM
I helped a member a few times this year. If I was closer I'd help. Heck, if I can help just say so and I'll do it.

UncleLar
12-24-2009, 12:08 AM
Good luck with the move,I know about having to do it and having heart problems.
Dom was here several times to help out and he was a big help!
Good to see ya back Dom!

Donny Carlson
12-24-2009, 04:45 PM
I truly appreciate the offers to help move, but I have that covered. All will be well. I have storage space and will be moving in with my older brother for a few months. The plan is to buy or rent a suitable house, and I'm going to take my time.

Anyone who wants my new email addy, PM me.

UncleLar
12-24-2009, 08:03 PM
You can never have too much help moving,just make sure you pack everything well and mark what's in the boxes and what room they go into. I think packing sucks worse than moving.

Motorhead350
12-24-2009, 08:12 PM
I think packing sucks worse than moving.

I second that!

UncleLar
12-24-2009, 08:20 PM
I second that!
Dom knows,he brought me a load of boxes and helped me pack as well as spending two days helping me move.