PDA

View Full Version : Computer Question

Vortex
12-22-2009, 09:13 PM
I just made a screensaver out of some photos from my harddrive and it works fine except on my monitor (14x11) the screensaver image is more or less square leaving a 2 inch wide black strip down the left side. There has to be some way of making the screensaver image fit the monitor, the problem is only with the screensaver, nothing else. I have windows vista and have been into the screensaver settings area but there is no place I can find to adjust the screensaver images; ie to make them fit the monitor. Anyone out there have this and know of a fix? Thanks in advance.

Motorhead350
12-22-2009, 11:33 PM

BruteForce
12-23-2009, 11:50 AM
Photos for screen savers are a pain. You need the photos to be the same size as the screen they will display on to get rid of the black bars. I went through this recently with setting up images for the screen saver on the HTPC hooked up to the home theater widescreen TV. That screens runs at 1920 x 1080. Most PC "widescreen" monitors run at 1920 x 1200 (at least the big ones) so I ended up going through all the images and resizing/cropping to fit the TV big screen with no bars as that was the primary unit as far as fit being right. Now all the other PCs (all share the same network folder for screen saver images) with different size screens show bars. But that is the way it is as they say. ;)

offroadkarter
12-23-2009, 04:51 PM
theirs an option to select stretch images to fit, or something like that

Vortex
12-23-2009, 08:33 PM
Appreciate the comments, I think what it is is the windows screensaver program in the control panel was designed back when everyone had a square crt screen. There is no way I can find to "flatten out" the program to fit the screen. On the tiny "preview" screen its just fine but on my monitor the entire image (not just the photos) is scrunched up, ah well, to hell with it.

Windsor58
12-23-2009, 08:41 PM
Sorry - can't resist...

Computer Question...................... ..................... 42

Zim Hosein
12-24-2009, 07:40 PM
There is no way I can find to "flatten out" the program to fit the screen.

I believe that you can't "stretch" your photo's using the built in screen saver option in MS Win., the "stretch" feature is available for desktop wallpaper only :(

Perhaps you might have better luck using a 3rd party screen saver program Vortex :)