PDA

View Full Version : Man buried in his car... last wish

Motorhead350
12-26-2009, 09:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTdkDmsJEd0

Very cool!

UncleLar
12-26-2009, 09:15 PM
Years ago some woman was buried wearing a petticoat in her Ferrari.
A lot of bikers get their Harley's put in their graves with them.

Stoneblue
12-26-2009, 09:16 PM
Way back in the 70s, before you were born (couldn't resist), some socialite in CA was buried in her yellow Dino.

Donny Carlson
12-26-2009, 09:41 PM
They must have pretty lax burial laws in that town. I would have thought they'd have to put the car in a vault, but it looks like they just dropped the car in an oversized plot (had to have paid for the multiple plots, I guess) and apparantly put a slab on top of it. Seems like it would have crushed the roof of the car and the deceased, no?

Meh, if he had the money to pay for it and could get it done, more power to him. Less money to leave to the relatives, though, which must have pissed them off.

ChiTownMaraud3r
12-26-2009, 10:12 PM
He also left his house to his dog, lmao!

UncleLar
12-27-2009, 04:50 AM
They must have pretty lax burial laws in that town. I would have thought they'd have to put the car in a vault, but it looks like they just dropped the car in an oversized plot (had to have paid for the multiple plots, I guess) and apparantly put a slab on top of it. Seems like it would have crushed the roof of the car and the deceased, no?

Meh, if he had the money to pay for it and could get it done, more power to him. Less money to leave to the relatives, though, which must have pissed them off.

I like the guy,he took his car with him AND his guns with him,the damn government will never get his firearms.
It wasn't a slab they put in there,it was two mixers full of live "crete",4000 pounds per cubic yard,that'll seal everything in so there's no smell above ground.It had to have crushed the roof and trunk of the car but no sob is gonna dig him or his stuff up to steal any of it.
He probably had his surviving relatives pegged as money grubbing jerks so he left his house to his dog,considering the loyalty of the average dog I'd say good on him and if his relatives want to try contesting the will they'll burn up what the house would be worth in attorney's fees.
I wish I could've known him,it sounds like he pretty much told the whole world they could kiss his a_ _ and took care of his business his way.

guspech750
12-27-2009, 08:02 AM
Well. One should go out with a bang. And his method fits the bill. Good for him. I say why not be buried with some of your hard earned items. Like an Egyptian King. I have thougt of doing the same. But just not my car. ...................I hope they drained all the fluids. Or they will eventually leak into the ground and then there will need to be monitoring wells installed and remediation of the soils and car. Just curious

Vortex
12-27-2009, 09:10 AM
Good for him; went out the way he wanted.

Stoneblue
12-27-2009, 10:27 AM
And I was wrong (typical), it was not a Dino. Below is the article from the Ferrari forum. It was a 250GT (wrecked by owner), was to be her 1972 Ferrari Daytona 365 GTS/4 Spyder, but hubby subbed the 250 to save money!

"Millionaire oil heiress Sandra Ilene West was buried 19 years ago in her lace negligee behind the wheel of her powder-blue 1964 Ferrari in a funeral that included a yellow crane to lift the crate containing her and her car and lower it nine fee into the ground, two cement trucks, a construction crew and coast-to-coast headlines. She stipulated the burial arrangements, down to having the car seat "set in a comfortable position," refusing to pass on a single cent of her inheritance unless her instructions were followed to the letter." Her grave is marked by a plain slab in the Alamo Masonic Lodge Cemetery in San Antonio, Texas. (Source: Rust, Carol. "Buried in Texas." Texas August 4, 1996.)"

W4LTD
12-27-2009, 10:39 AM
Well. One should go out with a bang. And his method fits the bill. Good for him. I say why not be buried with some of your hard earned items. Like an Egyptian King. I have thougt of doing the same. But just not my car. ...................I hope they drained all the fluids. Or they will eventually leak into the ground and then there will need to be monitoring wells installed and remediation of the soils and car. Just curious

They thought enough to remove the tires, so one might assume they also drained the fluids...

WOW! On a different note, it looks like I just joined the "700 Club"...

Trader: (6)
Post Feedback

Big Black Beast
12-27-2009, 08:34 PM
Lol! They'd have to dig a BIG hole for a Marauder. I think I'd rather just have my corpse propped in the driver seat in the middle of the cemetary. That way, I can continue to terrorize everyone even from beyond the grave.

Motorhead350
12-27-2009, 09:43 PM
I think I'd rather just have my corpse propped in the driver seat in the middle of the cemetary. That way, I can continue to terrorize everyone even from beyond the grave.

Hahaha I like your style!