PDA

View Full Version : Officer down Ottawa Canada

JimP
12-29-2009, 09:32 PM
Today a good friend and colleague of mine lost of his life while on duty. It was a senseless and cowardly act. As he sat in his cruiser making notes by the emergency doors near a hospital where he had attended for an unrelated incident, he was stabbed to death at 4:30 a.m. today. Paramedics and hospital staff rushed to his aid but it was too late. He leaves behind 4 children and his wife.

R.I.P Eric C you will be sorely missed and never forgotten.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Paramedics+heroics+couldn+save +officer/2388233/story.html

Kennyrauder
12-29-2009, 09:40 PM
Hey Jimmy, why this stuff happens is beyond my comprehension. As a fellow Canadian we all feel the pain, especially for his family. I still think if we had the death penalty here we would be much better off. I think it should only take a week or two to have someone tried & executed. Too many lawyers... too many politicians. Take care. Kenny Metsala, Timmins Ont. Canada.

twin03
12-29-2009, 09:51 PM
R.I.P. Eric. Fallen but never forgotten......

guspech750
12-30-2009, 03:59 AM
:(:confused::(:shake::( My condolances to his family and friends. When Are we going to be able to wipe out all the dirt bags in this world. I am so tired of having to see good people suffer so badly.

bob6364
12-30-2009, 04:42 AM
R.I.P Eric C you will be sorely missed and never forgotten.

On another note you guys really,really need to find this guy...on the streets the police are the Lions,Top of the Food chain, this guy just walked up to a Lion and killed him with a Knife! Not good.

rayjay
12-30-2009, 05:42 AM
R.I.P. my Brother. I salute you for your valiant service.
Deepest condolences to his family.

Captain rayjay.

swordfish
12-30-2009, 08:30 AM
To my fallen Brother:
We had never met, yet, WE WERE BROTHERS. As soon as you donned the uniform, took the oath, and pinned on your badge you became part of my family. Yes extended as it may be, YOU were my Brother, I know that you'll be waiting to greet me at the The Report Room in the sky. Yes, I will miss you my Brother whom I never had the chance to meet, to laugh with, to trade " war stories", to share our achievement's and our hopes. Your EOW came much too soon and so unexpected, you were doing what you loved the best, protecting others, and now a coward has taken your hopes, dreams, and expectations away. But fear not my Brother....FOR I HAVE YOUR WATCH NOW!!!! As does every LE Officer in the World. We will watch out for your family, your comrades, your friends, as we were and always will be Brothers in Blue.

Condolences to the family.

Mark

Stoneblue
12-30-2009, 09:19 AM
My heart and prayers go out to the victim, his family and department. That this heinous act was carried out by a former LEO just makes it all that much more incomprehensible.

MADRODER
12-30-2009, 09:40 AM
Really sad news indeed, my prayers go out to all of his family and friends.

jgc61sr2002
12-30-2009, 04:40 PM
My he Rest in Peace.
My deepest condolences to his family, friends and colleagues.

W4LTD
12-30-2009, 04:56 PM
A true tragedy... May he rest in peace.

TAKEDOWN
12-30-2009, 05:53 PM
That's really F****ed up, and has a family too. I can't stand to hear news like this and it bothers me that scumbags are allowed to walk amongst us!

ntd
12-30-2009, 06:12 PM
RIP, hate to hear about crap like this my condolences to his family. I hope you guy find him and have chance to question him with the cctv's turned off.

frdwrnch
12-30-2009, 06:31 PM
Our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family. Tragic. Always try to be aware of your surroundings. It appears among the safest of havens there can be evil.

Dr Caleb
12-31-2009, 10:10 AM
My condolences Jim.

And what makes this worse, the person accused of this stabbing is a Mountie. :(

Taemian
12-31-2009, 10:27 AM
My condolences Jim.

And what makes this worse, the person accused of this stabbing is a Mountie. :(

Actually, a FORMER Mountie who was appealing being kicked out for threatening a pastor with a knife. He's been suspended without pay since 2007 because of the appeal process. C Division (home office to be precise) is rotten to the core with a few notable exceptions, so political wranglings mean he's still in a stupidly long appeal process.

I use to be proud of my service record when going abroad. Now, not so much.

Jim, you have a PM.

Dr Caleb
12-31-2009, 02:23 PM
Actually, a FORMER Mountie who was appealing being kicked out for threatening a pastor with a knife. He's been suspended without pay since 2007 because of the appeal process. C Division (home office to be precise) is rotten to the core with a few notable exceptions, so political wranglings mean he's still in a stupidly long appeal process.

I use to be proud of my service record when going abroad. Now, not so much.

Jim, you have a PM.

Noted, sorry. Nothing was implied by that. The media isn't reporting the 'former' aspect of his being a Mountie.

No reason for you not to be proud. Mounties are by in large made of up of 'humans' and these 'humans' are known to make mistakes. Because a few make mistakes most reasonable people know it doesn't reflect on the whole.

Hacklemerc
01-01-2010, 06:35 AM
I'm sorry to hear this. As was said before, I did not know him but we were Brothers. Your end of watch came too soon, but rest assured that We will pick up where you left off and will resume patrol. Though you are gone, We Brothers in Blue will never forget you. Your killer shall be caught and brought to justice.

Hack

rayjay
01-01-2010, 07:04 AM
It is worse knowing that one of our own turned on a Brother. A sick mind is capable of even the inconceiveable... We all need to always be aware of what is happening around us. I get kidded for locking my doors when just sitting in a unit watching the world go by. This is one of the reasons why I do so. :(

Starman
01-06-2010, 06:15 PM
R.I.P. Brother. And may GOD watch over the family and the members of his Department and comfort them in this trying time. http://www.jeprox.us/images/fallenofficer.gif

JimP
01-09-2010, 04:38 PM
Thanks for the condolences guys. There were 4,200 uniformed officers from services all over the continent. It was quite the send off.

ddogg626
01-09-2010, 05:25 PM
I'm sorry for the loss.