PDA

View Full Version : Georgia's New Super Speeder Law Comes Into Effect 1/1/2010

GAMike
12-30-2009, 09:43 AM
FYI:
"The Super Speeder legislation will increase fines to decrease trauma-causing behavior.

*Driving over 85 mph or more anywhere in Georgia and 75 mph or more on a two lane road will be classified as a "super speeding" offense, adding an additional fine of $200, which will be administered by the Georgia Department of Driver Services. "

Basically what this means .......... If you get a ticket for the above offenses, you will have to pay a local jurisdiction ticket (the amount for this ticket will vary depending on jurisdiction, and your driving record..Ask me how I know...), and a $200.00 state ticket that will be mailed to you within 2 weeks of your first ticket.

Beware..... Alot of Georgia police depts. are now tasked with revenue generation as their primary responsibility. No matter what municipal PR says when quoted, this is the truth....... This is why criminals love Georgia.

frdwrnch
12-30-2009, 10:29 AM
Why just be bad when you can be superbad!

Mac-MerC
12-30-2009, 10:38 AM
No more riding dirty on 85.... i guess its time to start using the cruise control
shucks

Glenn
12-30-2009, 10:47 AM
Got to get the Blinder X laser jammer. Mine has saved me several times from big trouble and it really works.

Glenn Ford :burnout:

burt ragio
12-30-2009, 11:10 AM
Will that lazar jammer also block up x,k,ka band, and on/off guns ? Will it save you from everthing except being paced followed.

CWright
12-30-2009, 11:37 AM
My wife got busted 81 in a 55 inside the perimeter around Atlanta back in October. Fine was 450.00. Glad new law wasn't in force then. 10-4 on use of cruise control. I usually stay 10 over unless in a school zone or in a 35 or under zone.

FordNut
12-30-2009, 12:49 PM
Makes I-95 thru SC sound like a more attractive route for Florida trips.

Stranger in the Black Sedan
12-30-2009, 01:08 PM
I'd rather pay than get points on my license. Does it come with points? If not, ya gotta pay to play.

Big Black Beast
12-30-2009, 01:41 PM
They actually made going over 100 a crime here, not just a citation. It hasn't made a difference. It seems like they pop somebody about once a month, including if I remember right, a judge and a guy on the way to traffic court.

guspech750
12-30-2009, 02:51 PM
Why just be bad when you can be superbad!
:rofl::rofl:

GAMike
12-30-2009, 03:27 PM
Got to get the Blinder X laser jammer. Mine has saved me several times from big trouble and it really works.

Glenn Ford :burnout:

Yea Glenn.... I need to get mine installed soon! And yes the point system is in place in GA as well.... All that and you think it wouldn't be?:rolleyes: LOL

Hotrauder
12-30-2009, 03:55 PM
I have the jammer and yes, it works but only on laser. I have the Valentine One and it works too, on Laser and all radar bands better than anything else but only with a the application of common sense as Instant on will get you every time if you are not practicing ticket defense while exercizing your right to leave LARGE carbon footprints. Play the game with gusto. Dennis

scruff
12-30-2009, 03:58 PM
same sort of crap up north of the border folks they passed this stupid law 2yrs ago and they call it( stunt driveing) if your caught doing 50km over any posted speed limit (30mph) they suspend your licence on the spot for 7 days and tow your vehicle away leaveing you on the side of the road, this is nothing more then a tax grab and i think they have laid over 30,000 charges so far they have even busted some of there own hwy troopers lol. This law is currently being challenged in supreme court as it is unconstitusional, a few people have already challenged it and won This law needs to be changed

scruff
12-30-2009, 04:04 PM
I run with a STI Driver detector works well and also have a scanner in car at all times to try and make playing a little more equal , both units are also illegal in ontario I guess this also makes me a criminal now lol

SHERIFF
12-31-2009, 07:57 AM
This same thing was attempted in Virginia a few years ago. It proved to be a burden only to the "poor".... according to the
whining moaning do-gooder organizations out there. So the entire idea was scrapped shortly after it actually started.

Glockafella
12-31-2009, 08:04 AM
Here in Missouri and Kansas we have actually discovered that raising the speed limit has reduced accidents.

scruff
01-05-2010, 06:54 PM
i could relate to that kinda law but the government here would,nt go for that because of the revenue loss its all politics but ask them and they will differ , lic to steal