PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo wild wings

Mike Poore
12-30-2009, 05:57 PM
It's the first time I recall we walked out of a restaurant. It was next to the new Wyngate hotel at Clarksburg, WV, where we stayed Sunday night on our way back from Ohio. We went in with high expectations because of the cool TeeVee ads during the football games. The menu looked good and the place was open and clean; but LOUD .

I have bad hearing and it actually hurt my ears. They seated us under one of the jumbo TeeVees and I thought maybe we can put up with it because of the game; but then the server came up and actually had to shout "could I help you" yes, I said show us to the door. :burnout:

I wonder what OSHA has to say about exposing employees to sound levels that high.....we, of course, vote with our feet.;)

FordNut
12-30-2009, 06:01 PM
I know what you mean. I have tinnitis in one ear and loud noise causes physical pain in addition to the ringing. Some of the new high-powered hand dryers in restrooms are so loud it causes me pain. Sounds like a call to OSHA and a SPL meter is needed.

ntd
12-30-2009, 06:06 PM
My fiends and I always go to a local pub to watch the UFC fights. Tried BWW once and couldn't hear the fight sitting next to the TV but there Wings are the best it a shame it is so loud.

Stoneblue
12-30-2009, 06:23 PM
Odd how you can get a citation for loud exhausts and a bar or whatever can deafen patrons at will. When I was young concerts didn't bother me a bit and now I can't handle loud noises very well at all. Drat!

Hack Goby
12-30-2009, 06:25 PM
Well you old farts should stay away from such places instead of bitching about them.They make alot of money.

Pops
12-30-2009, 06:29 PM
Well you old farts should stay away from such places instead of bitching about them.They make alot of money.

:shake: :eek: :flamer:

Stoneblue
12-30-2009, 06:42 PM

Thank you! Old fart is way better than being a long winded pretentious gasbag (which I am). And they still make good money on my takeout orders, Its the waitstaff that's missing out. ;)

ImpalaSlayer
12-30-2009, 06:48 PM
i got pretty much every thursday. actually i was there yesterday. most of the time it isnt too bad but there are times i feel like im in the wofler

guspech750
12-30-2009, 07:20 PM
I have been to Buffalo Wild Wings 3 times and each time the food was some of the worst I have had at restraunt. And I went to 3 different BWW. The wimgs were the smallest I had ever seen. I ordered potato skins and they brought out F***ing french fries with *****y bacon bits cheese and sour cream. As far as I am concerned, and I am not. I hope they all close. Food was as close to eating KaKa as one can get to without actually eating KaKa.

Buffalo Wild Wings= KaKa

Mr. Man
12-30-2009, 08:41 PM
Mike doesn't the BellTone have a volume control setting:D Just kidding I hate going to places where you have to shout to be heard, its much easier for everyone to be impressed by my wisdom if they can actually hear it;)

sanco
12-31-2009, 02:15 AM
i mean its technically a sports bar, what do you expect? people go there mainly to watch the game and eat the food. i personaly love the place but its really not a "family" restaurant. if you want that go to cheesecake factory or chilis. but yea as for me its nice and the atmosphere is great, always gives you something to look at while waiting for food. but no its not for everyone, its not meant to be

Heavy
12-31-2009, 06:35 AM
I like looking at the games there and the wings or ok but I hate the bring you the wings in little frie trays I hate that I am a grown man bring me my food on a plate not a happy meal

Sent from my hevphone using Tapatalk

Mike
12-31-2009, 06:40 AM
i mean its technically a sports bar, what do you expect? people go there mainly to watch the game and eat the food. i personaly love the place but its really not a "family" restaurant. if you want that go to cheesecake factory or chilis. but yea as for me its nice and the atmosphere is great, always gives you something to look at while waiting for food. but no its not for everyone, its not meant to be

I agree :beer: and their wings are the best!! BWW wings puts Hooters wings to shame! Hooters does have some of the best shrimp though :D

mcb26
12-31-2009, 08:38 AM
I always go to Hooters for wings. Haven't noticed weither its loud or not.

Bigdogjim
12-31-2009, 08:55 AM
If it's too loud then.....your too old :rofl:

Glenn
12-31-2009, 09:42 AM
This olde man agrees with Mike - some places are just TOO loud. I guess it goes with gray hair. I even prefer my cars to be quite. A real change from my younger days when every car I owned lasted about 2 weeks before the exhaust system was ripped off and a new one installed with "glass packs" or Cherry Bombs - the louder the better.

Glenn Ford :burnout:

Glockafella
12-31-2009, 09:45 AM
Ours isnt that loud, I go every UFC fight to get some chicken and free fight viewing. I play the trivia games and enjoy myself with firends. Its a sports bar...loud is expected, not so loud is just nice.

Mike Poore
12-31-2009, 09:50 AM
Excepting for Hack, that old bastage up in Harrison Co. MI, (who may be the world's youngest 60yr old) it appears the cutoff is ~ 30yrs. I guess those are the folks who can still hear; or are completely deaf by now.

Just wait until the tinnitus sets in at + -40. There are sports oriented bars I go to all the time, like Damion's or our new fav, Glory Days in Frederick. Those places have customer selectable speakers at the table, which I think is a great idea.

But, to each his own, and like I said, we vote with our feet(s).:rolleyes:

knine
12-31-2009, 12:39 PM
Just had the best trip ever to the OUTBACK Monday. Been a regular since 1998. :2thumbs:

Motorhead350
12-31-2009, 12:43 PM
What?????????????????????

Bluerauder
12-31-2009, 02:44 PM
This olde man agrees with Mike - some places are just TOO loud.
+2 .... and there's a big difference between loud and obnoxiously loud. I think the people in charge of the volume already have major hearing loss and must "feel" the volume for its full effect. :rolleyes:

Mike
12-31-2009, 02:46 PM
Just had the best trip ever to the OUTBACK Monday. Been a regular since 1998. :2thumbs:

Did you pick someone up :confused:

breeze
12-31-2009, 10:47 PM
was there the other day n they were packed. ppl behind me had a 45-hour wait. nothing but highschool kids and was loud as hell...

justbob
12-31-2009, 11:48 PM
It is amazing how OSHA has charts of allowance codes for decidels from 15 minutes to 8 hour timeframes. This is one of the most overlooked codes that they enforce.

MrBluGruv
01-01-2010, 12:22 AM
I've been to the one near me once to meet friends. Didn't even have food while I was there. :( And yes, the volume can be quite absurd. I've been to concerts that were quieter than that place. Frankly I was unimpressed anyways, just a loud bar with a specialty for wings.

guspech750
01-01-2010, 02:44 AM
It is amazing how OSHA has charts of allowance codes for decidels from 15 minutes to 8 hour timeframes. This is one of the most overlooked codes that they enforce.
:2thumbs:Yes it is! Yes it is!:2thumbs:

And BWW food sucks Donkey D***!!!

FordNut
01-01-2010, 05:34 AM
Funny, not long ago chicken wings were pretty much thrown away. Whoever came up with putting sauce on them and calling them a delicacy ought to be rich... or shot.

I still don't eat them, they're scraps as far as I'm concerned. I'll eat buffalo breast tenders or strips though.

Bluerauder
01-01-2010, 06:34 AM
was there the other day n they were packed. ppl behind me had a 45-hour wait. nothing but highschool kids and was loud as hell...

45 hour wait ??? :eek: That's gotta be a typo.

babbage
01-01-2010, 08:03 AM
I always go to Hooters for wings. Haven't noticed weither its loud or not.

Scenery is much better too. I like it when they sit on my lap to take my order...

Never been to BWW - do they have jalapeno shooters? Too Much Flair!

Office Space anyone??