PDA

View Full Version : What good things happened 2009???

Blackmobile
01-01-2010, 11:29 AM
I was looking back and trying to figure out what good things happened in 2009, Public or Private..................I'm not coming up with anything. :(

ImpalaSlayer
01-01-2010, 11:31 AM
i can think of a few, but they dont offset the bad

Blackmobile
01-01-2010, 11:35 AM
i can think of a few, but they dont offset the bad

Well speak up, we all know the bad. Just trying to figure a reason for not wanting to be in a coma for a year just to miss the 09 excitement.

ImpalaSlayer
01-01-2010, 11:38 AM
for one my mm is becoming quite the machine! im still alive. mm.net still works. just a few lol

FordNut
01-01-2010, 11:42 AM
Every morning I figure if I wake up it's all good.

Blackmobile
01-01-2010, 11:44 AM
for one my mm is becoming quite the machine! im still alive. mm.net still works. just a few lol

That's a start, protect that beast, as you know it's on the endangered species list.

justbob
01-01-2010, 11:47 AM
My wife remained cancer free for a second year in a row and the kids remain healthy.
Even though jobless, I still managed to pay my bills on time.
No breakdowns on house or car fleet.
Cut back smoking from two packs a day to around a half pack.

Thats enough for me, although i'd love to get my job back also and get back to having a life...

LANDY
01-01-2010, 11:52 AM
well, i went from spinning my tires all thru first gear only when the pavement and car is cold.
to catching traction @ 65mph from a WOT punch out of the hole. at any temperature.
BOOST is awsome!

ImpalaSlayer
01-01-2010, 11:55 AM
well, i went from spinning my tires all thru first gear only when the pavement and car is cold.
to catching traction @ 65mph from a WOT punch out of the hole. at any temperature.
BOOST is awsome!

you said it. n/a sucks.

Blackmobile
01-01-2010, 11:56 AM
BOOST is awsome!

Word of advice, just make sure it's pointed in a straight line, don't ask me how I know.

ImpalaSlayer
01-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Ed, whats up with the cv?

Blackmobile
01-01-2010, 12:03 PM
Ed, whats up with the cv?

It's confused and confusing others too. I've had 2 people look at it and one goes "it's a CV" looking at the front, and the other guy say "No it's a Marauder, it says it on the rear bumper" I'm almost content leaving it white in the front and black in the back. I was talking to my ole lady and mentioned that I wanted to put ADAM 12 in the side, but then she said to put CAR 54 on the side. To that I said I didn't want to show my old age that badly.

Here a picture of what it's become next to my buddies TA.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/CVPI_Marauder_02_TA.JPG

Ms. Denmark
01-01-2010, 12:05 PM
It was a difficult year in some ways but great in many more. We went to our first Louisville meet! Had a blast caravaning with Haggis/LadyHawke and Silversurfer/TCBO1. Met a lot of you in person for the first time! (Still crazy about you a year later.) ;) Got a Zack tune! Went to our 2nd Carlisle and hung out with some of the best guys and cars anywhere! Went to our first Marauderville. Had a blast caravaning with.....all the usual suspects plus MyTmerc/missus, Bluerauder/Bernie and Steve the SB Marauder drivin' statetrooper on the way out. Hung out with the best guys/cars anywhere! Got 4:10 gears! :D Went to 1-2 local car shows weekly throughout the summer with our posse. (Big Dog Jim & Offroadkarter)

Made plans for our upcoming New Hampshire Motorspeedway Show and Meet scheduled for May! Retired the Marauder and bought a new daily driver! Enjoyed visiting and being visited by our family. Got my amazing husband. Don't need much more than that to make 2009 worth living! ;)

UncleLar
01-01-2010, 12:38 PM
Most of my family and I managed to live through another year,not shabby considering....

RoyLPita
01-01-2010, 12:53 PM
I got promoted to the Parts Dept at my workplace back in April.

TAKEDOWN
01-01-2010, 12:59 PM
Parts Department? Congrats... harassment time!

Haggis
01-01-2010, 01:09 PM
...Had a blast caravaning with.....all the usual suspects plus MyTmerc/missus, Bluerauder/Bernie and Steve the SB Marauder drivin' statetrooper on the way out...)
I remember that, though you do nnot mention Chris and I. :(

Ms. Denmark
01-01-2010, 01:18 PM
I remember that, though you do nnot mention Chris and I. :( Gordon! You and Chris are "ALL The Usual Suspects!!" Just to clarify for the future if I use that phrase, it = Haggis/LadyHawke! Who else could it possibly mean??????LOLOLOL (except maybe Brian/Nat and possibly Shaun/Diane, Charlie/Bernie, Jim, Marc, Connie/Jack, Rex/Debbie, Paul/GF? etc. etc. etc............:D

Haggis
01-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Gordon! You and Chris are "ALL The Usual Suspects!!" Just to clarify for the future if I use that phrase, it = Haggis/LadyHawke! Who else could it possibly mean??????LOLOLOL (except maybe Brian/Nat and possibly Shaun/Diane, Charlie/Bernie, Jim, Marc, Connie/Jack, Rex/Debbie, Paul/GF? etc. etc. etc............:D

OHhhhh. ok! Well now that you clarified there will be no misunderstanding in the future. Maybe.

gdsqdcr
01-01-2010, 03:02 PM
My wife and I bought a house in January. My son (third) Gabriel was born in July. I bought the Marauder in September.

I still have a job though I did not get a promotion. My wife and kids have all their needs met, maybe not all the 'wants', but definately all the needs.

Good family and friends.

In my boom, was not a bad year

guspech750
01-01-2010, 03:09 PM
Lots of good things have haapend in 2009. There were more +'s than -'s and my family is alive and well. Bought a way cool car that lead me to this cool web site and have meet some really cool people from here too. So far so good for 2010 too. LOL

fast dtr
01-01-2010, 03:16 PM
Can't say much good's happened with me, other than I'm still alive. My health is getting worse and 2010 is not starting out very well either. My health insurance has gone up, car insurance has gone up. This keeps up much longer I'll probably have to sell the MM. :(

Stoneblue
01-01-2010, 04:29 PM
Satori. As sweet as water, as bitter as time.

wx4caster
01-01-2010, 04:35 PM
My health remained good...I transferred with my company rather then being unemployed, bought a new house and BEST OF ALL.... bought an 04 MM with 17K in the ticker. Looking forward to an even better 2010

DOOM
01-01-2010, 06:14 PM
I got a built motor & ported my blower! :burn:

Went to my first marauderville. :up:

I won 16 trophies :trophy1: :coolman:

A killed a whole bunch of hemis! DOOM > :shot: < HEMI.

Pops
01-01-2010, 06:56 PM
I got a built motor & ported my blower! :burn:

Went to my first marauderville. :up:

I won 16 trophies :trophy1: :coolman:

A killed a whole bunch of hemis! DOOM > :shot: < HEMI.

And your still slower than Pops!:geezer:

DOOM
01-01-2010, 07:01 PM
Yeah but i'm young & pretty! :D

Pops
01-01-2010, 07:05 PM

:shake::shake::shake:

Paul T. Casey
01-01-2010, 07:15 PM
Bad

Lost my Dad.
Lost some good friends and a family member.
Just the normal stuff as you live "your dash."

Good
Got to see a bunch of you guys.
Quality time with my wife, grandson, and the rest of my family.
Got to drive Pops' car down the track at Atlanta (still get all fuzzy when I think about it).
Got to see Marty on most of his record runs (a real treat).

Lots more good stuff, too much to remeber here, but all making "the dash" a little bit better.

Mr. Man
01-01-2010, 08:55 PM

Yeah OK Maria your so pretty oh so pretty....etc keep telling yourself that. We all think your a homely Jet on the West Side....story if you will:D

Bigdogjim
01-01-2010, 10:10 PM
Well any time you get to see the New Year arrive is a "good" thing:)

Me I found a Company where I really enjoy my work for a change:up:

Remember..."It's all good" :up:

dohc324ci
01-01-2010, 10:16 PM
Still employed with many projects to keep my department busy for the foreseeable future. Converted my home loan from an ARM to a fixed. After which allowed me to buy my built motor. Bought the wife a new Mustang and family is healthy and made it through another year! Cant complain.