PDA

View Full Version : About Auto INS.

Da Dark Jedi
01-02-2010, 02:41 PM
Just learned this about Auto Ins.

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_content_landing_pages/1224/10-things-your-auto-insurer-wont-tell-you/

Pat
01-02-2010, 05:41 PM
Yeah, I just read it too. Can't win for losing. I'm probably paying a little more than I should but the claim service is good when I need it and the agent tells his reps to give me anything I want. For the two mercury's, one MM and one GM my monthly is $166.00 full coverage, 25/50/25K, 250 deductible collision, uninsured motorist 25/50K, comprehensive and 5k Medical, towing.

I'm not unhappy with it.

However, the Louisiana legislature just bumped the minimum three fold. Premiums will go up I'm sure.

Da Dark Jedi
01-02-2010, 11:13 PM
Never asked for "Proper Documentation" to cancel a policy, just said cancel at end of term. Hire a "Post repair Inspector"? "If your car is totaled, you needn’t accept your insurer’s first offer. Go to Edmunds.com or AutoTrader.com to find better comps, and call the sellers listed on the insurer’s report to verify their price. No dice? If it’s a matter of $1,000 or more, hire your own appraiser and go through an appraisal- arbitration process".

It looks like I'll have to see what the wifes and Myselfs car is worth if totaled. A few members cars were total this past year, my questions...

1) Did they accept the first price offer?
2) What dolar amt, i.e. percentage of car value was paid out (60-70%))?