PDA

View Full Version : My daughters soccer tournament

Mike
01-03-2010, 06:12 PM
Gotta do a little bragging :D My daughter had a soccer tournament tournament in Wisconsin Dells this weekend and her team captured 3RD place :trophy1: but the best part (here's the bragging part) she scored 9 goals throughout the tournament!!!! The team as a whole played incredible and we faced some very tough competition. I am very proud of Megan and her team :banana:

Motorhead350
01-03-2010, 06:20 PM
Nice work. Sounds like she is the team.

Mike
01-03-2010, 06:21 PM
Thanks for the compliment :D

guspech750
01-03-2010, 06:32 PM
Thats awesome Mike. As said before. She is the team. And in "TEAM" there is MEgAn. See.

MM03MOK
01-03-2010, 07:42 PM
:cheer: Megan!!! :cheer:

stevengerard
01-03-2010, 08:11 PM
Awesome, how old and what team, all three of my daughter's play traveling soccer - wonder if we have met up before - I doubt it though, usually we are in the west or north leagues.

Gotta do a little bragging :D My daughter had a soccer tournament tournament in Wisconsin Dells this weekend and her team captured 3RD place :trophy1: but the best part (here's the bragging part) she scored 9 goals throughout the tournament!!!! The team as a whole played incredible and we faced some very tough competition. I am very proud of Megan and her team :banana:

Bluerauder
01-04-2010, 05:17 AM
I am very proud of Megan and her team :banana:
Congratulations :congrats: to Megan and her proud Dad. Go Team :cheer:

SC Cheesehead
01-04-2010, 05:19 AM
Congratulations :congrats: to Megan and her proud Dad. Go Team :cheer:

^^^^^ What Charlie said. ^^^^^^^

Must be in the genes, Mike!

Mike
01-04-2010, 07:28 AM
Awesome, how old and what team, all three of my daughter's play traveling soccer - wonder if we have met up before - I doubt it though, usually we are in the west or north leagues.

She's in the U14 division and plays for Team Chicago out of Play USA in Aurora. Thanks for all the kind words I am VERY proud of her :D

stevengerard
01-04-2010, 08:06 AM
wow, my oldest daughter is in the same age group and plays for the A team of the OPRF Strikers, - she is playing indoor soccer at the Max in McCook - and in another league at the Sports Zone in Melrose or Northlake does your daughter play indoor soccer as well? Its a fun sport to watch and I'm still learning about it, we never had it around here when I was growing up. The better her team gets the higher they move up, the lower the scores and the better the players and the more aggressive it gets. Fun to watch though.

chapel1
01-04-2010, 08:06 AM
Congrats Mike. Your Children are your best dividends. You made your investments wisely!

TAKEDOWN
01-04-2010, 11:43 AM
Sounds like the ALLSTAR to me!

Mike
01-04-2010, 10:10 PM
wow, my oldest daughter is in the same age group and plays for the A team of the OPRF Strikers, - she is playing indoor soccer at the Max in McCook - and in another league at the Sports Zone in Melrose or Northlake does your daughter play indoor soccer as well? Its a fun sport to watch and I'm still learning about it, we never had it around here when I was growing up. The better her team gets the higher they move up, the lower the scores and the better the players and the more aggressive it gets. Fun to watch though.

Right now it's indoors (winter) and it's such a fast game!! Rules are a little different than outdoor (it's OK to be "off sides" in indoor soccer, less players on the field, etc...). She is on the "B" team now and I'm hoping that with time she'll do better in all aspects of her game and she can move up the the "A" league, which I think is Manchester U or something like that. I haven't heard of a whole team moving up, just the "deserving" players. I can't believe how physical these girls get during games. For her indoor sessions they play against boys and sometimes a year older they they are. I like it because it can only make them better and stronger. Good luck with the 2 leagues....travel soccer takes a lot out of us parents..LOL :D

stevengerard
01-07-2010, 07:27 PM
Right now it's indoors (winter) and it's such a fast game!! Rules are a little different than outdoor (it's OK to be "off sides" in indoor soccer, less players on the field, etc...). She is on the "B" team now and I'm hoping that with time she'll do better in all aspects of her game and she can move up the the "A" league, which I think is Manchester U or something like that. I haven't heard of a whole team moving up, just the "deserving" players. I can't believe how physical these girls get during games. For her indoor sessions they play against boys and sometimes a year older they they are. I like it because it can only make them better and stronger. Good luck with the 2 leagues....travel soccer takes a lot out of us parents..LOL :D

yeah it is definitely a fun game to watch and yes the girls get physical especially as they move up. I like watching them play the boys too, usually the boys seem to have better foot skills and do get aggressive, but the girls tend to be much faster and less selfish so they hold their own. Its great for your daughter to have done so well in a tournament - it takes a good roll to do well at one of those so congrats to her - she should be very proud of herself and her team.

Mike
01-08-2010, 07:18 AM
yeah it is definitely a fun game to watch and yes the girls get physical especially as they move up. I like watching them play the boys too, usually the boys seem to have better foot skills and do get aggressive, but the girls tend to be much faster and less selfish so they hold their own. Its great for your daughter to have done so well in a tournament - it takes a good roll to do well at one of those so congrats to her - she should be very proud of herself and her team.

I agree with you 100% and it can only help the girls in the long run!