PDA

View Full Version : Would you all hate me if...

LincMercLover
11-03-2003, 10:56 AM
...I got a Mach1? Not saying that'll really happen, but I've been tossing the thought around in my mind after seeing my buddy get totally stomped by one on the highway the other night. If I did get it, the Marauder would probably stay with my father with what it has on it (mod wise) and I'd just kinda start over with the Mach. Just a thought right now...

martyo
11-03-2003, 11:03 AM
How should we answer if we already hate you? Should we respond with the various degrees of distate that we have for you in general. Do you want specifics?

BTW: I like the Mach1 also. Saw a sweet blue one yesterday at Englishtown. Turns out the owner lives in my neck of the woods. God guy and real pleasant to chat with.

O's Fan Rich
11-03-2003, 11:04 AM
Go ahead, see if I care.

MMM2003
11-03-2003, 11:09 AM
As long as you don't give up your job as "the other button holder" !

gonzo50
11-03-2003, 11:11 AM
Well, being that you're still a young man (18 yrs or so), You still need to sow your wild oats, so maybe this is a way of expressing yourself in that manner, go for it, no one will Hate you for it, well maybe I won't, can't speak for anyone else. "Live life to the fullest". :D

TAF
11-03-2003, 11:15 AM
Then...I want my grill back.

SergntMac
11-03-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by martyo
How should we answer if we already hate you? Should we respond with the various degrees of distate that we have for you in general. Do you want specifics? BTW: I like the Mach1 also.

Ditto...LOL!

Do what you gotta do, Rick, just stay where you're at with us.

Smokie
11-03-2003, 11:43 AM
No problem here, you are a young man and entitled to sow your wild oats, if I was younger, if I was shorter, if I was lighter.....if, if,if. Go for it young man !!!!!!!! Just don't leave us...it be kinda like like a son leaving home.:banana2: :banana:

SouLRioT
11-03-2003, 12:21 PM
If you do get one, you can still get goodies from DR. He's done the programing on the only SC Mach 1.

darebren
11-03-2003, 12:43 PM
I am toying with the idea of starting over myself with a 2004/05 mustang cobra convertible. I like the new look alot.

Each time i wax up the black MM though, I think, with another few grand, aftermarket hood, headers, sunroof, tires, etc.. nothing would look better, or be able to haul 5 adults around as well, or be more comfortable for me at 6' 4".

But then I realize I have never had anyone in my car, since we have a 7 seater Trailblazer as well for the kids games and social outings. My windos are so dark, I can't barely drive at night anyway.

Oh man, I am so fickle. February is big bonus time, not sure when the new cobra comes out, but I kinds hope it's not February!

jerrym3
11-03-2003, 12:57 PM
I'd hold off for the 2005 version, which should look a lot more like the original Mach 1.

Bowman9
11-03-2003, 01:22 PM
I can see you wanting a smaller faster car.
I still have my 1990 5.0 lxhb (it's for sale if anyone is interested),
But it was the getting in / out and rougher ride that had me start looking at the Marauder, I guess I'm getting old :(
A young guy needs a quick car to pick up the ladies in.

Brutus
11-03-2003, 01:27 PM
Keep your Marauder. To satisfy your need for speed I will sell you my GSX-R 750. High 10's for about $4500!!!

LincMercLover
11-03-2003, 01:28 PM
LOL, no picking up of ladies... I've already got mine. ;)

I dunno why... but I'm just cravin' a manual tranny right now!

As far as me going anywhere, naw... I'll still be right here, deleting Marty's posts before they're seen. :D

LincMercLover
11-03-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Brutus
Keep your Marauder. To satisfy your need for speed I will sell you my GSX-R 750. High 10's for about $4500!!!

LOL! Nah... not a bike person... Sam would kill me for buying one, and I think I'd end up killing myself if I rode one. So either way... not getting a bike. ;)

Brutus
11-03-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by LincMercLover
LOL, no picking up of ladies... I've already got mine. ;)

I dunno why... but I'm just cravin' a manual tranny right now!

As far as me going anywhere, naw... I'll still be right here, deleting Marty's posts before they're seen. :D

If you want to shift gears I got a '66 International.....15 forward gears!!

MAD-3R
11-03-2003, 01:55 PM
I wouln't be upset, I just thought you had more Class and Style then that.

Marauder57
11-03-2003, 04:00 PM
LML,

Hey if you want to ruin your life....see if I care! What are you thinking?? :confused:

Seriously though....I would wait for the new body style in 2005....my wife has always wanted a Stang since she got rid of her 1965.5 years ago....we are holding out for the new body. I just think the hype and the look will be rough to fight....and that way you are not buying another car in a year. Just my personaly feelings (jerrym3 too...).

Either way do what you want....it is your arse in the seat and you cutting the check....get a ricer for all I care...well on second thought.....

Just stay around here.....Martyo has to have someone to keep him in line.... :D

DetGeno
11-03-2003, 04:08 PM
You go ahead! :uzi: Make sure you check the insurance premium on both cars and maybe that will change your mind! There is a very good reason why our MM is rated 5 stars front and rear impact for safety.

Paul T. Casey
11-03-2003, 04:14 PM
I think I voted yes, but, it's a jealousy thing. You're young, smart, drive a fast car..... LOL.

amerikan
11-03-2003, 04:53 PM
ditto waiting for the nwe body.. i saw it at the International Auto show.. so beautiful.. also the new lightning.. OH MY.. i literally stared at it for 30 minutes.. love that thing.

schuvwj
11-03-2003, 05:59 PM
Be ready to pay a lot more for insurance, the difference between a GM and a Mach 1 will hurt big time!

MapleLeafMerc
11-03-2003, 06:14 PM
Gotta go with your heart (after the wallet says OK) :lol:

The most fun I ever had speeding was in my 85 GT.

jgc61sr2002
11-03-2003, 07:58 PM
Rick - You have to do what's best for you. Several good points were brought up by other members of this board. Insurance is an important consideration as well as the new body style. Just don't leave the board. Thanks:D

LincMercLover
11-03-2003, 10:48 PM
I have mixed emotions about the 2005 Mustang... It's good, but it has it's "just not rights" about it... I guess I'm gunna have to go to an auto show and see to to really decide. I like the current body style of the Mustang as is. Much better and less clumsy than the body style before it. I sat in a red one the other day (BTW, I would never have a red car, my choices for this one would be grey, orange, or yellow) and I got that same feeling I got when I sat in the Marauder for the first time. It just felt right, and I said to myself, "Self... This feels good!"

Insurance IS a big thing also, and I haven't even looked at that yet. I probably don't want to... but I'll definately check into it IF I really get serious about this purchase.

So... for know, at least a couple more months, I'll be with Emma, no doubt. Hey! That reminds me! I'd have to name another car! :D Oh well... we'll see. Like I said, I just wanted to toy with the idea and see what others thought.

OH! And PS... as far as MAD-3R's comment, I'm not out to change that "style and class" that most of you say you saw in me when we met in Marauderville. I know the image that goes with the Mustang and Camaro crowd, and believe me, I'm not falling to that. I don't race every car that can be heard idling at a stop light. I can't afford it! :P

RCSignals
11-04-2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by jerrym3
I'd hold off for the 2005 version, which should look a lot more like the original Mach 1.

Just what I was going to say.

CRUZTAKER
11-04-2003, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by LincMercLover

... but I'm just cravin' a manual tranny right now!

...nothing a sledgehammer and blow torch to the center hump won't fix...drop in a saginaw 4 speed...:P

oh, who am I kidding? All I can say is I don't paint mustangs buddy!.:coolman:

BTW: Plan on a second job to cover the ins. premiums at your age:alone:

WolfeBros
11-04-2003, 09:30 AM
Hey LML I was thinking it was a pretty cool idea........you being young and all and trying new things and hot new cars.......but then Martyo reminded me that I should hate you.

So........I was riding the fence until that comment about having a delete button......so.......yeah..... ...your cool Bro.....go for it.:D
:lol: :lol:

Spider0101
11-04-2003, 09:55 AM
Well its like this. If you like the look of a car and it fits your personality that's what you should be driving. You can always add mods to the MM to beat Mustangs if that's your purpose but the reality is that there is always going to be something on the road faster than you (don't see many Mclearens driving around.):P My personal opinion is that Mustangs like Corvettes are so common that no one gives them a second look. But that doesn't mean it shouldn't be your choice. How does a car make you feel when you look at it, how does it make you feel driving down the road, total personal choice.

sailsmen
11-04-2003, 10:27 AM
I really like the Mach 1, I will probably own one someday.

To be honest I just cannot get comfortable in the Mustang.

Merc-O-matic
11-04-2003, 06:26 PM
Go for the MACH 1 Great car!
Took a test drive myself last
week and lifted the front wheels
off the ground!!!
Gotta Love it!

Long Live #3
11-04-2003, 06:40 PM
It's still a FORD no matter how you look at it.

JohnnyB
11-04-2003, 08:52 PM
I am also looking to purchasing a 2004 Mach 1, 5 speed. I think it is the perfect compliment to the Marauder. Owning both cars makes me feel like it's 1969-70 again......