PDA

View Full Version : LOL Chrysler

Big Black Beast
01-11-2010, 01:41 PM
http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2010/01/dodge-renames-most-trim-levels.html

Since Chrysler didn't really have anything to show, they came up with a bunch of silly new names for their trim levels like "heat", or "hero" or "detonator", and a bunch of "special edition" sticker package models.

Sad, but funny.

FordNut
01-11-2010, 01:54 PM
I guess they could have stuck a big ol HEMI sticker on a Fiat...

Joe Walsh
01-11-2010, 02:54 PM
"Instead it’s a Dodge Nitro Heat, Detonator or Shock."

When driving the Nitro in a spirited fashion, excessive heat can build in the engine....
leading to detonation and eventually the engine becomes a detonator....
leaving the owner shocked that his new Dodge Nitro blew up!

finster101
01-11-2010, 02:57 PM
I predict Dodge will not see 2011.

DOOM
01-11-2010, 03:15 PM
"Instead it’s a Dodge Nitro Heat, Detonator or Shock."

When driving the Nitro in a spirited fashion, excessive heat can build in the engine....
leading to detonation and eventually the engine becomes a detonator....
leaving the owner shocked that his new Dodge Nitro blew up!

:lol: :rofl: :laugh:

Are they even considered an AMERICAN car company anymore??? :confused:

Joe Walsh
01-11-2010, 03:18 PM
Why would you name a car: "detonator"?

What's next the: "Leaker" model?

How about the: "Spun Bearing"

FordNut
01-11-2010, 03:25 PM
The knocker?

Joe Walsh
01-11-2010, 03:34 PM
The knocker?

:rofl:

And if someone bought 2....then they'd have a pair of knockers!

FordNut
01-11-2010, 03:37 PM
I predict Dodge will not see 2011.

Maybe true, if so it'll be a shame because they have some really awesome high performance offerings.

LIGHTNIN1
01-11-2010, 10:54 PM
I think the next corporate news from this company is that they have ditched car manufacturing to go into Rickshaws.

DOOM
01-11-2010, 11:18 PM
epic fail!!!

2,4shofast
01-12-2010, 07:34 AM
I dont think they will hit their target with this:shake:

swordfish
01-12-2010, 07:40 AM
Maybe true, if so it'll be a shame because they have some really awesome high performance offerings.

:(Must agree! I don't own one but they have put out a few sharp looking auto's with good performance.

SC Cheesehead
01-12-2010, 08:03 AM
:rofl:

And if someone bought 2....then they'd have a pair of knockers!

Yeah, I can see it now: "Hey honey, got a bonus at work today, went out and got us a brand new pair of Knockers..."

Vortex
01-12-2010, 08:14 AM
I'd love to have one of these:

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff24/Mopardawn/7plum-crazy-purple-challenger_10017.jpg

LSp8
01-12-2010, 11:41 AM
It really saddens be to see a company that invested a lot of money into building good ole muscle cars take such a big hit. It sucked when Daimler Benz Had to bail them out but at least they stand behind a Classy car company that's build world class luxury cars and now......How the hell can you stand behind FIAT. C'mon really, the company that's made Euro econoboxes had to pull it out of debt.

Leadfoot281
01-12-2010, 01:30 PM
The names are stupid but the idea isn't a bad one IMO. There is absolutely no way I'd ever be seen in a car that had an 'se' badge on it.

BTW Fiat is the parent company of Ferrari and was once the 8th largest auto manufacturer in the world. Even so I wouldn't be caught dead in either a Fiat or a Mopar.

Big Black Beast
01-12-2010, 01:46 PM
It really saddens be to see a company that invested a lot of money into building good ole muscle cars take such a big hit.

It's not just about making muscle cars. Pontiac had some good ones too. Everybody has had at least 1 good car at some point, even AMC had the AMX, which didn't suck too bad. It's telling that the 1 Chrysler product everybody likes is a rehash of one of a 40 year old car.

It's about making cars people will buy. To make them sell, the must be high quality, dependable, and have features people want. It's also about developing the right products at the right times. and predicting future needs. It' also about cost and production streamlining and management.

Chrysler has FAILED at all of the above. Making 1 or 2 decent cars won't save them. Without the Ram truck and Jeep, they would have been gone a long time ago.

cruzer
01-12-2010, 09:19 PM
The ad showing the front view of the Charger is an exact duplicate of the MM ad used by our group ????

Donny Carlson
01-12-2010, 09:52 PM
Why would you name a car: "detonator"?

What's next the: "Leaker" model?

How about the: "Spun Bearing"

The color. Detonator Yellow.

Hey, I didn't pick the name.

Donny Carlson
01-12-2010, 09:56 PM

Wouldn't be worried about it. The CEO of Fiat Group and the recent report of the future of Chrysler shows Dodge sticking around and will be the home of most of the performance oriented cars in the Chrysler stable. The only exception will be the SRT version of the 300 and Grand Cherokee. All the V8 version SRT's will get the new 6.4L Hemi rated at 500 hp starting the 2011 model year.

I won't even talk about the Caliber SRT, what a POS.