PDA

View Full Version : I'll Miss My Friend Offroadkarter

Ms. Denmark
01-11-2010, 07:11 PM
Just received word that my friend Offroadkarter (Ryan) is no longer able to participate here in our forum. Don't know the particulars ( and am not interested in debating them with anyone) but I do accept the fact that apparently he is gone. That said, I could not let the chance go by without saying simply that Eric and I know him, like and respect him and have spent time enjoying his company. What a smart guy, with a wonderful sense of humor. (Those of you who have met Ryan know what I mean.) We will surely miss him here. We wish him well. And we will definately plan to keep in touch. ;)

Blackened300a
01-11-2010, 07:15 PM
I met Ryan a few times at E-town and he was hysterical. I dont know what he did to be terminated, but I never found him irritating.

Ill miss him.

CBT
01-11-2010, 07:16 PM
Interesting, wonder what happened. Then again, I am 26,965 posts behind since my last visit. :rolleyes:

RR|Suki
01-11-2010, 07:17 PM
<-- has no respect or time for racists, I get enough of that crap in daily life. At least here there is a ban button

a_d_a_m
01-11-2010, 07:18 PM
I'll miss him too. He cracked me up, even if he did make me go "uh-oh" with some of his posts. I've seen worse here, and been irritated by other stuff here.

I met Ryan a few times at E-town and he was hysterical. I dont know what he did to be terminated, but I never found him irritating.

Ill miss him. Here ya go (http://mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=59370)...

JUST 1BULLITT
01-11-2010, 07:28 PM
Damn, never had a bad experience w/ him either...thought he was pretty funny most the time I was around...bummer.

SC Cheesehead
01-11-2010, 07:29 PM
Is this a permanent ban or a vacation?

bob6364
01-11-2010, 07:29 PM
was this post
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=59370

Spectragod
01-11-2010, 07:55 PM
It honestly didn't strike me as "racist", my wife's African American, and, I can say she is more African than anyone on this board (she has a green card), you ought to hear what she has to say about "her" people. There's no way she could post on this board without a perma-ban. My opinion is that some people are way to sensitive. I've never met Ryan or most anyone off the board, I am not biased one way or the other, it's the internet, people need to quit being so serious.

a_d_a_m
01-11-2010, 08:01 PM
people need to quit being so serious. I agree...

CBT
01-11-2010, 08:08 PM
I agree...

Me, too. So I'll say it first: IBTL!! :D Gosh I missed this place.

bob6364
01-11-2010, 08:09 PM
I could say sumpting but i can't to much of the Capt in me....I love you mannnnnn!hehehee

Phrog_gunner
01-11-2010, 08:09 PM
...people need to quit being so serious.

I'll dust off the banana hammock and do a couple laps if that's what it takes. :banana2:

bob6364
01-11-2010, 08:10 PM
Next time i'm in Chesapeake imma gonna hunt you down....guess i'll look in the tranny bars first....

swordfish
01-11-2010, 08:13 PM
My opinion is that some people are way to sensitive.

I'll agree with him.

It's best that I say nothing else!!!

CBT
01-11-2010, 08:15 PM
I'll dust off the banana hammock and do a couple laps if that's what it takes. :banana2:
....that's not dust....

Joe Walsh
01-11-2010, 08:17 PM
I'm posting in this thread to assure a quick 'CLOSED'.

;)

CBT
01-11-2010, 08:20 PM

;)

Joe! You ol' sailor you! How ya been?

Phrog_gunner
01-11-2010, 08:23 PM
The three of us should be able to hump the life out of this thread in no time. Just like the old days.

Joe Walsh
01-11-2010, 08:24 PM
Joe! You ol' sailor you! How ya been?

Been better....my pristine Marauder get mashed about 2 months ago!....:bigcry:
Some idiot in a huge Chevy truck rammed me while sitting at a stoplight...:mad2:
$9,000 later....'she's as good as new'.....not!

How are you doing?
You kind of disappeared there for a while!

a_d_a_m
01-11-2010, 08:25 PM
Welcome back, CBT, and yes..IBTL

Spectragod
01-11-2010, 08:26 PM

;)

In that case....................IBTL.: D

bob6364
01-11-2010, 08:26 PM
The three of us should be able to hump the life out of this thread in no time. Just like the old days.

What about me...I like Humping.....:D

RR|Suki
01-11-2010, 08:27 PM
Quite frankly it is an issue, should it really be free range to say stuff that would get you knocked out out in the world just because it's the internet? Is being a bigot still really ok in 2010? That's a little sad

CBT
01-11-2010, 08:27 PM
Been better....my pristine Marauder get mashed about 2 months ago!....:bigcry:
Some idiot in a huge Chevy truck rammed me while sitting at a stoplight...:mad2:
$9,000 later....'she's as good as new'.....not!

How are you doing?
You kind of disappeared there for a while!

WHAT?! Aw man, I went from laughing at Phrog's thread humpin' post to jaw on the floor. Damn, that is bad news. Well I could say at least your alive, blah blah blah but it wouldn't make it any better. But I am glad you are alive. Anyone else wrecked or been banned since Oct?

FordNut
01-11-2010, 08:29 PM
Quite frankly it is an issue, should it really be free range to say stuff that would get you knocked out out in the world just because it's the internet?

Lots of that goes on...

I guess it's a good thing it IS on the internet or I'd probably be in the slammer.

n00bkiller944
01-11-2010, 08:31 PM
I liked him... no homo

http://images.starcraftmazter.net/4chan/for_forums/in_before_lock.gif

FordNut
01-11-2010, 08:32 PM
Is being a bigot still really ok in 2010?

Who does he think he is anyway... Harry Reid?

CBT
01-11-2010, 08:32 PM
You would knock someone out for saying minorities steal cars at Wal-Mart? Kind of kooky, but so was his statement I guess. Maybe he had his car stolen by minoroties at Wal-Mart, who knows.

Quite frankly it is an issue, should it really be free range to say stuff that would get you knocked out out in the world just because it's the internet? Is being a bigot still really ok in 2010? That's a little sad

Joe Walsh
01-11-2010, 08:33 PM
WHAT?! Aw man, I went from laughing at Phrog's thread humpin' post to jaw on the floor. Damn, that is bad news. Well I could say at least your alive, blah blah blah but it wouldn't make it any better. But I am glad you are alive. Anyone else wrecked or been banned since Oct?

Dom stopped taking his meds and went ballistic upon his return by starting tons of 'blog' threads and 'Andy Rooney question' threads.
I started a few similar threads and they immediately got 'CLOSED'

Nothing new here folks.....move along!

Spectragod
01-11-2010, 08:34 PM

Once you get older..... you relize that words have little to no meaning.

If the comments that I read would get someone "knocked out" then is sounds like there are other issues at hand. Ever hear "stick and stones may break my bones", sheesh, relax, nobody singeled anyone out, but apparently there are those that feel they need attention, and let everyone know that they were offended.

Taking things a lot less personal will get you a lot further in this world, just FYI.

Joe Walsh
01-11-2010, 08:34 PM
You would knock someone out for saying minorities steal cars at Wal-Mart? Kind of kooky, but so was his statement I guess. Maybe he had his car stolen by minoroties at Wal-Mart, who knows.

I am a white male and I am DEFINITELY a minority at Walmart!

guspech750
01-11-2010, 08:35 PM
Ive been banned from going into Mens restrooms...........:cool::lol :

RR|Suki
01-11-2010, 08:35 PM
Who does he think he is anyway... Harry Reid?

Well played, well played indeed

Phrog_gunner
01-11-2010, 08:36 PM
It's ok to be a bigot as long as you vote D. I mean Sen Byrd was in the KKK, which must not be a problem as long as you are a D.

Spectragod
01-11-2010, 08:37 PM
I am a white male and I am DEFINITELY a minority at Walmart!

My IQ's past 70, therefore I am a minority at Walmart.

Joe Walsh
01-11-2010, 08:37 PM
My IQ's past 70, therefore I am a minority at Walmart.

Plus you have a full set of matching teeth!.....:P

Phrog_gunner
01-11-2010, 08:39 PM
http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

nuff said

a_d_a_m
01-11-2010, 08:39 PM
Quite frankly it is an issue, should it really be free range to say stuff that would get you knocked out out in the world just because it's the internet? No, it shouldn't be free range, but plenty of things are said on this site that could be offensive to someone. Hell, it happened in this thread:

I liked him... no homo

Don't believe it would be offensive to anyone here?
http://mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58482

Further, how many times have threads contained the word "gay" as a demeaning thing and rarely, if ever, get locked?
http://mercurymarauder.net/forums/search.php?searchid=2813846

Just because something is offensive doesn't mean it should automatically equal the banhammer. As said earlier...sticks and stones...and all that crap.

Phrog_gunner
01-11-2010, 08:41 PM
I'm offended that people are offended so easily.

RR|Suki
01-11-2010, 08:42 PM
Once you get older..... you relize that words have little to no meaning.

If the comments that I read would get someone "knocked out" then is sounds like there are other issues at hand. Ever hear "stick and stones may break my bones", sheesh, relax, nobody singeled anyone out, but apparently there are those that feel they need attention, and let everyone know that they were offended.

Taking things a lot less personal will get you a lot further in this world, just FYI.

Don't FYI me, go look through his posts, it's a constant theme with him, and yes it would indeed get him knocked out. Don't come at me with as soon as I get older, I left home at 16 and moved here from a 3rd world country and now I'm an attorney... I'm not trying to hear it.

PS how do you figure bigoted statements don't single anyone out?

FordNut
01-11-2010, 08:44 PM
Just because something is offensive doesn't mean it should automatically equal the banhammer.

But when someone returns from a time-out they should have enough brains to know they need to tread lightly. The temporary vacations are meant to be a warning to not contribute to problems of any sort or the next vacation may be permanent.

bob6364
My cats breath smells like cat food.....

Spectragod
Don't FYI me, go look through his posts, it's a constant theme with him, and yes it would indeed get him knocked out. Don't come at me with as soon as I get older, I left home at 16 and moved here from a 3rd world country and now I'm an attorney... I'm not trying to here it.

PS how do you figure bigoted statements don't single anyone out?

I sent you a PM.....

CBT
01-11-2010, 08:46 PM
Yeah for real. Historically, it takes a lot to get banned, he must have said more than that. Maybe he really cut loose in a few PM's or something. I didn't read any N-bombs in his post, all he said was minorities. I'm pretty sure I'm the only Polish-Cherokee here so maybe he meant me. In which case I'll beat him with his own shoe. Just kidding. I'll beat him with my shoe...

No, it shouldn't be free range, but plenty of things are said on this site that could be offensive to someone. Hell, it happened in this thread:

Don't believe it would be offensive to anyone here?
http://mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58482

Further, how many times have threads contained the word "gay" as a demeaning thing and rarely, if ever, get locked?
http://mercurymarauder.net/forums/search.php?searchid=2813846

Just because something is offensive doesn't mean it should automatically equal the banhammer.

Phrog_gunner
I'm no lawyer, but I'm pretty sure bigots aren't excluded from the 1st amendment.

a_d_a_m
My cats breath smells like cat food..... http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Ralph-with-ipod-ralph-wiggum-93830_420_371.jpg

dohc324ci
01-11-2010, 08:48 PM
Let's move on...like my good friend tells me all the time "it aint that deep"!

a_d_a_m
I'm pretty sure I'm the only Polish-Cherokee here so maybe he meant me. DUDE! I'm Polish-Apache!!!

Phrog_gunner
http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Ralph-with-ipod-ralph-wiggum-93830_420_371.jpg

My bad bro, I borrowed your Ipod, but apparently I was mistaken where the two lil white thingys go. :confused:

bob6364
01-11-2010, 08:49 PM
http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Ralph-with-ipod-ralph-wiggum-93830_420_371.jpg

You just made me choke on my cold pizza.....:D

CBT
01-11-2010, 08:50 PM
Don't FYI me, go look through his posts, it's a constant theme with him

Ah, didn't know that. Well maybe he had it coming. Dibs on his floormats.

Spectragod
I have nothing useful to add..............

FordNut
My bad bro, I borrowed your Ipod, but apparently I was mistaken where the two lil white thingys go. :confused:

Are you being racist or what?

bob6364
01-11-2010, 08:51 PM
DUDE! I'm Polish-Apache!!!

DUDE...I'm Polish_Polish....it don't get no sweeter:eek:....

CBT
DUDE! I'm Polish-Apache!!!
Stay away from my car!!!!

Spectragod

Floormats....... well that changes everything.:rolleyes:

Spectragod
01-11-2010, 08:52 PM
DUDE...I'm Polish_Polish....it don't get no sweeter:eek:....

I'm Italian - Italian, hmmmmm.

Phrog_gunner
01-11-2010, 08:52 PM

Dude I already had dibbs, check for the mushroom stamp on the right rear one. :banana2:

CBT
01-11-2010, 08:53 PM
On your chin. It's a i-bag!! BLAMMO!!

swordfish
now I'm an attorney...

Does this mean no Lawyer jokes??? :confused:

bob6364
They don't stay up very late on Cape Cod so we can keep this going till the morn

CBT
01-11-2010, 08:54 PM
They don't stay up very late on Cape Cod so we can keep this going till the morn

That's what she said!!

a_d_a_m
Stay away from my car!!!! Hahahaha, see ya on the reservation!

I'm going to the bar. I'm sure by the time I get back, this thread will have gone to the great closed-thread graveyard in the sky (aka locked)...but thanks for the entertainment. Even though the thread got silly, there were some good points peppered in the hilarity...

Spectragod
So we're cool on the attorney jokes?

Phrog_gunner
01-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Does this mean no Lawyer jokes??? :confused:

That was offensive....:mad:

Mr. Man
01-11-2010, 08:55 PM
I'm no lawyer, but I'm pretty sure bigots aren't excluded from the 1st amendment.

H*ll son I'm not even sure your human.:D

Spectragod
01-11-2010, 08:56 PM
Two women are on a transcontinental balloon voyage. Their craft is engulfed in fog, their compass gone awry. Afraid of landing in the ocean, they drift for days. Suddenly, the clouds part to show a sunlit meadow below. As they descend, they see a man walking his dog.

One of the flyers yells to the figure far below, "Where are we?"

The man yells back, "About a half mile from town."

Once again, the balloonists are engulfed in the mist. One flyer says to the other, "He must have been a lawyer."

The other says, "A lawyer! How do you know that?"

The first says, "That’s easy. The information he gave us was accurate, concise, and entirely irrelevant."

Phrog_gunner
H*ll son I'm not even sure your human.:D

I'm SUPERhuman.......potty mouth.

musclemerc
:banana: :banana: :banana: In before the Lock Out! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Mr. Man
01-11-2010, 08:58 PM
I'm SUBhuman.......potty mouth.

Fixed it for you:D

CBT
So we're cool on the attorney jokes?

Ehhh, what the heck. I got one. A cruise ship with a thousand people sank in shark infested waters. The only people not eaten by sharks were a few lawyers. Know why? Professional courtesy. Yeah yeah, lame, but it's the only lawyer joke I know plus it was clean. :)

bob6364
What do you call 1000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?

Phrog_gunner
01-11-2010, 08:59 PM
Ehhh, what the heck. I got one. A cruise ship with a thousand people sank in shark infested waters. The only people not eaten by sharks were a few lawyers. Know why? Professional courtesy. Yeah yeah, lame, but it's the only lawyer joke I know plus it was clean. :)

Unlike your last penile swab.....OHHHH!!!

Spectragod
01-11-2010, 09:01 PM
A stingy old lawyer who had been diagnosed with a terminal illness was determined to prove wrong the saying, "You can’t take it with you."

After much thought and consideration, the old ambulance-chaser finally figured out how to take at least some of his money with him when he died. He instructed his wife to go to the bank and withdraw enough money to fill two pillow cases. He then directed her to take the bags of money to the attic and leave them directly above his bed. His plan: When he passed away, he would reach out and grab the bags on his way to heaven.

Several weeks after the funeral, the deceased lawyer’s wife, up in the attic cleaning, came upon the two forgotten pillow cases stuffed with cash.

"Oh, that darned old fool," she exclaimed. "I knew he should have had me put the money in the basement."

bob6364
01-11-2010, 09:01 PM
What do you call 1000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?

A good start!!!

Blackened300a
01-11-2010, 09:02 PM
If the comments that I read would get someone "knocked out" then is sounds like there are other issues at hand.

Agreed.

I didn't see where Ryan singled someone out or used racially insensitive words that would justify the permanent banning.

Whatever, we can argue about this all night and it won't change anything. Ill still miss Ryan and Ill still disagree with his banning.

RR|Suki
01-11-2010, 09:03 PM
A stingy old lawyer who had been diagnosed with a terminal illness was determined to prove wrong the saying, "You can’t take it with you."

After much thought and consideration, the old ambulance-chaser finally figured out how to take at least some of his money with him when he died. He instructed his wife to go to the bank and withdraw enough money to fill two pillow cases. He then directed her to take the bags of money to the attic and leave them directly above his bed. His plan: When he passed away, he would reach out and grab the bags on his way to heaven.

Several weeks after the funeral, the deceased lawyer’s wife, up in the attic cleaning, came upon the two forgotten pillow cases stuffed with cash.

"Oh, that darned old fool," she exclaimed. "I knew he should have had me put the money in the basement."

I like that one, the accuracy appeals to me :D

CBT
01-11-2010, 09:03 PM
Unlike your last penile swab.....OHHHH!!!

So you admit it! I have a penile!!

bob6364
01-11-2010, 09:05 PM
Funny after he was banned i quickly logged into MCM ...for those on both boards you know i'm never there....expected a HUGE rant...but nothing ...not a peep....

Spectragod
Taylor was desperate for business, and was happy to be appointed by the court to defend an indigent defendant.

The judge ordered Taylor, "You are to confer with the defendant in the hallway, and give him the best legal advice you can."

After a time, Taylor re-entered the courtroom alone.

When the judge asked where the defendant had gone, Taylor replied, "You asked me to give him good advice. I found out that he was guilty, so I told him to split."

swordfish
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Phrog_gunner
01-11-2010, 09:07 PM
So you admit it! I have a penile!!

I just won't admit that its big n juicy......:alone:

Spectragod
01-11-2010, 09:08 PM
Q: How many lawyers does it take to change a light bulb?

A0: Three; one to do it and two to sue him for malpractice.

A1: It only takes one lawyer to change your light bulb to his light bulb.

A2: You won't find a lawyer who can change a light bulb. Now, if you're looking for a lawyer to screw a light bulb...

A3: Whereas the party of the first part, also known as "Lawyer", and the party of the second part, also known as "Light Bulb", do hereby and forthwith agree to a transaction wherein the party of the second part (Light Bulb) shall be removed from the current position as a result of failure to perform previously agreed upon duties, i.e., the lighting, elucidation, and otherwise illumination of the area ranging from the front (north) door, through the entryway, terminating at an area just inside the primary living area, demarcated by the beginning of the carpet, any spillover illumination being at the option of the party of the second part (Light Bulb) and not required by the aforementioned agreement between the parties.

The aforementioned removal transaction shall include, but not be limited to, the following steps:

1.) The party of the first part (Lawyer) shall, with or without elevation at his option, by means of a chair, stepstool, ladder or any other means of elevation, grasp the party of the second part (Light Bulb) and rotate the party of the second part (Light Bulb) in a counter-clockwise direction, this point being non-negotiable.

2.) Upon reaching a point where the party of the second part (Light Bulb) becomes separated from the party of the third part ("Receptacle"), the party of the first part (Lawyer) shall have the option of disposing of the party of the second part (Light Bulb) in a manner consistent with all applicable state, local and federal statutes.

3.) Once separation and disposal have been achieved, the party of the first part (Lawyer) shall have the option of beginning installation of the party of the fourth part ("New Light Bulb"). This installation shall occur in a manner consistent with the reverse of the procedures described in step one of this self-same document, being careful to note that the rotation should occur in a clockwise direction, this point also being non-negotiable.

NOTE: The above described steps may be performed, at the option of the party of the first part (Lawyer), by any or all persons authorized by him, the objective being to produce the most possible revenue for the party of the fifth part, also known as "Partnership."

Q: How many lawyers does it take to change a light bulb?

A: Fifty four. Eight to argue, one to get a continuance, one to object, one to demur, two to research precedents, one to dictate a letter, one to stipulate, five to turn in their time cards, one to depose, one to write interrogatories, two to settle, one to order a secretary to change the bulb, and twenty-eight to bill for professional services.

dohc324ci
01-11-2010, 09:09 PM
boy you guys are having too much fun...lol

Spectragod
01-11-2010, 09:09 PM
Upon seeing an elderly lady for the drafting of her will, the attorney charged her $100.

She gave him a $100 bill, not noticing that it was stuck to another $100 bill.

On seeing the two bills stuck together, the ethical question came to the attorney's mind: "Do I tell my partner?"

Spectragod
01-11-2010, 09:10 PM
boy you guys are having too much fun...lol

Just getting started.... :D

LANDY
01-11-2010, 09:10 PM
TTT TIMMY!
in before close out.

Spectragod
01-11-2010, 09:14 PM
An independent woman started her own business. She was shrewd and diligent, so business kept coming in. Pretty soon she realized she needed an in-house counsel, and so she began interviewing young lawyers.

"As I'm sure you can understand," she started off with one of the first applicants, "in a business like this, our personal integrity must be beyond question." She leaned forward. "Mr. Peterson, are you an 'honest' lawyer?"

"Honest?" replied the job prospect. "Let me tell you something about honest. Why, I'm so honest that my dad lent me fifteen thousand dollars for my education and I paid back every penny the minute I tried my very first case."

"Impressive. And what sort of case was that?"

He squirmed in his seat and admitted, "My dad sued me for the money."

Dark_Knight7096
01-11-2010, 09:15 PM
An elderly man, upon learning of his terminal illness called his doctor, his priest, and his lawyer to his bedside. He handed them each an envelope and stated frankly "There is 50,000 in each envelope, upon my passing I want you to throw the sealed envelopes into my grave with me. Do not ask about my methods, please just respect my wishes." A few days later the man expired. About a month later the doctor, the priest, and the lawyer all run into one another at a bar.
The doctor looked at the other two men and said, "What did you guys do with your envelopes? I'm not going to lie, but I am ashamed to admit, he owed me quite a large amount in past due medical bills so I took 10,000 from the envelope and threw the rest in."
The priest looked at him and said, "I must admit I did something similar myself. The church was in DIRE need of a new roof so I took 20,000 from the envelope and donated it to the roof fund in his name."
The lawyer looked at both men and said, "You two disgust me. I can't believe you didn't follow his final wishes, I did exactly what he asked." The two other men looked at the lawyer in disbelief, "I wrote a check for the full 50,000 and placed it in his coffin at the viewing."

Dark_Knight7096
01-11-2010, 09:17 PM
PS

Ryan had his moments but overall was a good guy. I'll miss him.

Mac-MerC
01-11-2010, 10:23 PM
S#!t happens.... i never really seen him give "positive" feed back to anyone. He would just try to belittle someone cuz he believed he knew something that they did not. But oh well, life goes on

imho

How about them Cardinals?....

SC Cheesehead
01-12-2010, 05:21 AM
S#!t happens.... i never really seen him give "positive" feed back to anyone. He would just try to belittle someone cuz he believed he knew something that they did not. But oh well, life goes on

imho

How about them Cardinals?....

Don't think you want my opinion....;)

Motorhead350
01-12-2010, 08:55 AM
Dom stopped taking his meds and went ballistic upon his return by starting tons of 'blog' threads and 'Andy Rooney question' threads.
I started a few similar threads and they immediately got 'CLOSED'

Joe, I don't know how many times I gotta tell ya man. I'm not on meds, never have been and never will.

As far as your threads I don't know why they got closed, but I'm assuming it was obvious that you were purposely trying to be annoying.

BTW Andy Rooney would be the only reason for me to watch the news. ;)

ctrlraven
01-12-2010, 09:07 AM
Not shedding any tears here.

Playing near the fire with gasoline can get your burned.

RR|Suki
01-12-2010, 10:06 AM

lol, ok super star, what's funny is that the 1st amendment protects people from the government, so congrats on trying to be clever in defending a bigot and failing. :beer:

Phrog_gunner
01-12-2010, 10:21 AM
lol, ok super star, what's funny is that the 1st amendment protects people from the government, so congrats on trying to be clever in defending a bigot and failing. :beer:

I wasn't defending bigotry, I was defending his right to say whatever he wants. "Protect free speech, that way it's easier to tell who the complete morons are". That's my trademarked quote, but if you ask nicely, I'll let you use it. ;)

RR|Suki
01-12-2010, 10:32 AM
I wasn't defending bigotry, I was defending his right to say whatever he wants. "Protect free speech, that way it's easier to tell who the complete morons are". That's my trademarked quote, but if you ask nicely, I'll let you use it. ;)

Well at least now you know that the 1st amendment has nothing to do with protecting people from non government actors :beer:

I'm all set as far as quotes, thanks for the offer anyway.

dakslim
01-12-2010, 10:59 AM
This country has become so "politically correct" that whatever one says can be construed as racist or demeaning to some or all of the populace. IMHO

Blackened300a
01-12-2010, 11:03 AM
This country has become so "politically correct" that whatever one says can be construed as racist or demeaning to some or all of the populace. IMHO

Sign of the times. Everyone has to play the victim.
I guess we need to call Al Sharpton to defend the insulted parties on this one. :rolleyes:

Stoneblue
01-12-2010, 11:04 AM
I don't care who posted the photo of the Downs child with the caption " I can count to potato". But I do care that my wife broke down in tears when she saw it. See, her sister was hit and killed by a driver that wasn't paying attention. And yes, Joycee was a Downs kid with the sweetest disposition. But that's just me, I'm sure many found it just the funnest thing they've ever seen.

Phrog_gunner
01-12-2010, 11:04 AM

I'm offended that you are trying to force your opinions on me.

dakslim
01-12-2010, 11:08 AM
I'm offended that you are trying to force your opinions on me.

Tough toenails...Oooh, I hope that wasn't too brazen!:argue:

Phrog_gunner
01-12-2010, 11:09 AM

That's it I'm telling the Commandant!

dakslim
01-12-2010, 11:11 AM

I guess the folks with ingrown toenails will be after me now...shudder!:P

Phrog_gunner
01-12-2010, 11:12 AM
I guess the folks with ingrown toenails will be after me now...shudder!:P

I got the acid treatment so they don't grow back but I still sympathize with their belly aching. ;)

dakslim
01-12-2010, 11:14 AM
That's it I'm telling the Commandant!

I would call you a "tattletale" but don't want to offend the tattletalers of the world.:eek:

Phrog_gunner
01-12-2010, 11:16 AM
I would call you a "tattletale" but don't want to offend the tattletalers of the world.:eek:

You dirty rat...... :hide:

dakslim
01-12-2010, 11:17 AM

I took a shower...darn you!:mad2:

Phrog_gunner
01-12-2010, 11:37 AM
I took a shower...darn you!:mad2:

Maybe you need to get closer to the water next time. :P

Haggis
01-12-2010, 11:43 AM

I take offense to that 'Dirty Rat' comment!!!!!!!

Phrog_gunner
01-12-2010, 11:50 AM
I take offense to that 'Dirty Rat' comment!!!!!!!

I'm offended that you took offense to that.

Todd
01-12-2010, 11:57 AM

I think you should be banned for the vailed threat of violence...

Take a chill pill Nancy.

justbob
01-12-2010, 12:27 PM
Wow! I had no idea Ryan was worth eight freakin pages! I thought he was a jackass with nothing nice to say about anybody or anything. Problem is he reminds me of my inner child...I had no issues with him. Yet.

BTW Paula, I miss read your title and swore you said you'd kiss Ryan LOL. I had to take a double take on that one! Also, I'm sure he is cool in real life, most members are! It's just a shame some have to so outspoken on the net.

RRSuki, I've been watching some of your posts back and forth with Ryan and I also thought a couple were walking the line myself. Just don't let this crap get to you, this is our funhouse.

SC Cheesehead
01-12-2010, 12:32 PM
I'm offended that you took offense to that.

Well I'm offended that the rest of you guys are so offended by all of this.

It's all just, well, offensive!

RoyLPita
01-12-2010, 12:38 PM
For as long as I have been here, all I can say about it is "People come. People go." I'll catch ryan on AIM if I want to shoot the breeze with him.

Big Black Beast
01-12-2010, 02:02 PM
Hmmm...I don't like permabans. No matter who.

Everybody says or does stupid **** sometimes.

The only way to fix bad behavior is to call people out when they are behaving badly.

Kicking them out just forces them to go behave badly somewhere else.

Ms. Denmark
01-12-2010, 02:55 PM
Well guys, I can tell you that I am the ultimate minority here. I am a woman posting and joining in a male dominated muscle car forum........and I have tougher skin than some of you. If I chose to carry a self righteous chip on my shoulder, I assure you that I could be very offended by the majority of you every day of the year. :D And your negative opinion of Ryan does not trump my positive one, nor will it change it. Besides I happen to have very good taste in friends.;) A snapshot impression of someone on-line rarely tells you the whole story. There is now one less reason (make that two reasons, Suki) to log on. I may actually get some work done around the house!

dakslim
01-12-2010, 03:04 PM
Maybe you need to get closer to the water next time. :P

Water?:confused:

justbob
01-12-2010, 03:12 PM
I'd be flattered if I even had 2 pages posted. Good or bad. Ryan was eagerly waiting for a vacation. He mentioned it several times and knew it was coming.

Good point Paula on the minority of being a woman on a car site, that can't be very easy sometimes.

I hope this was just a vacation however, perma bans shouldn't ever be given out. Check sig....

Spectragod
01-12-2010, 03:19 PM
Well guys, I can tell you that I am the ultimate minority here. I am a woman posting and joining in a male dominated muscle car forum........and I have tougher skin than some of you. If I chose to carry a self righteous chip on my shoulder, I assure you that I could be very offended by the majority of you every day of the year. :D And your negative opinion of Ryan does not trump my positive one, nor will it change it. Besides I happen to have very good taste in friends.;) A snapshot impression of someone on-line rarely tells you the whole story. There is now one less reason (make that two reasons, Suki) to log on. I may actually get some work done around the house!

Wow, that offends me. :D

swordfish
01-12-2010, 03:32 PM
Well guys, I can tell you that I am the ultimate minority here. I am a woman posting and joining in a male dominated muscle car forum........and I have tougher skin than some of you. If I chose to carry a self righteous chip on my shoulder, I assure you that I could be very offended by the majority of you every day of the year. :D And your negative opinion of Ryan does not trump my positive one, nor will it change it. Besides I happen to have very good taste in friends.;) A snapshot impression of someone on-line rarely tells you the whole story!

Well said! :beer:
I'm affraid to say how I fell. My wife says everybody was not in the Marines and that I hurt there little fellings! I hate a whine a**:mad2:

Phrog_gunner
01-12-2010, 03:45 PM
Well said! :beer:
I'm affraid to say how I fell. My wife says everybody was not in the Marines and that I hurt there little fellings! I hate a whine a**:mad2:

Semper Offensus.....I mean Semper Fi!

dakslim
01-12-2010, 04:07 PM

What he said^^^^^^! Is there another branch of the service?...oh, crap...now I've offended the other branches too.:help:

dakslim
01-12-2010, 04:12 PM
What he said^^^^^^! Is there another branch of the service?...oh, crap...now I've offended the other branches too.:help:

Holy Semper Fiasco, Batman!:eek:

Phrog_gunner
01-12-2010, 04:26 PM
Holy Semper Fiasco, Batman!:eek:

Does the Army count as a branch of service anymore after an auditorium full of them gets shot at and it takes a rent-a-cop to take the guy out?

RR|Suki
01-12-2010, 04:27 PM
Wow! I had no idea Ryan was worth eight freakin pages! I thought he was a jackass with nothing nice to say about anybody or anything. Problem is he reminds me of my inner child...I had no issues with him. Yet.

BTW Paula, I miss read your title and swore you said you'd kiss Ryan LOL. I had to take a double take on that one! Also, I'm sure he is cool in real life, most members are! It's just a shame some have to so outspoken on the net.

RRSuki, I've been watching some of your posts back and forth with Ryan and I also thought a couple were walking the line myself. Just don't let this crap get to you, this is our funhouse.

Doesn't get to me at all. It's really a matter of is and is not. I feel no need to sit by while constant racist remarks are being made, that's the long and short of it.

W4LTD
01-12-2010, 04:36 PM

It sure as hell beats the new Navy slogan:

“America’s Navy: A Global Force For Good”

What a bunch of politically-correct nonsense...

http://www.navytimes.com/news/2009/09/navy_new_slogan_093009w/#

a_d_a_m
01-12-2010, 04:44 PM
I feel no need to sit by while constant racist remarks are being made, that's the long and short of it. http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/search.php?searchid=2815337

One vague comment on the first page, not directed at anyone.

And I seached back in his 100 most recent posts and found nothing else.

"Constant"?

MM03MOK
01-12-2010, 04:47 PM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/search.php?searchid=2815337

"Constant"?
Besides his potty mouth, posts of his were deleted because of his insensitivity. Certainly not worth searching for.

Blackened300a
01-12-2010, 04:54 PM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/search.php?searchid=2815337

"Constant"?

It goes back to some pics that Ryan posted and then used a street slang in his post referring to rims and color choices of a car.

Still not grounds to label the guy a racist and be asking for his banning over, but whatever.

a_d_a_m
01-12-2010, 04:56 PM
Still not grounds to label the guy a racist and be asking for his banning over, but whatever. Agreed, but I don't hold (or desire) moderator power/privilege.

Spectragod
01-12-2010, 05:48 PM
You know, oddly enough, we have a WalMart in one of our districts, it's in a nice part of town, lots of business's around, $150k+ homes nearby, and nearly once a week, we have a shooting/stabbing/robbery/assault and 1 kidnapping, everyone who commited these crimes has been caught, and guess what, 1 white guy in the whole bunch, I suppose WalMart is racist for allowing this to happen, or maybe I am for looking over some of the reports, but sometimes the facts are just that..... facts.

Not a clue why you would choose Wally World to perperate a crime like robbery, it just doesn't seem like the risk would be worth the payoff.

FWIW, cars is what brings all of us together, why are we arguing over something as trivial as this he said she said B.S.. And if we need to be sensitive to someone in paticular, then it should be made aware to us in their avatar or something so we don't hurt their feeling. The internet is not a place for someone who is thin skinned.

a_d_a_m
01-12-2010, 05:51 PM
FWIW, cars is what brings all of us together, why are we arguing over something as trivial as this he said she said B.S..
:beer: Cheers.

Blackened300a
01-12-2010, 05:58 PM
$150k+ homes nearby.

LOL Its hilarious the housing costs around the country. I paid $167K for a somewhat spacious one bedroom co-op here in NY. $125-$150K would buy me a Studio apartment. Its over $200K for a small studio apt in Manhattan.

Phrog_gunner
01-12-2010, 06:20 PM
You don't see Obama b!tching about Senator Byrd being in the KKK.

Kennyrauder
01-12-2010, 06:50 PM
Watch the news tonight...WalMart employee fired for doing his job. If the shoplifter was "Caucasian" the greeter would be a hero. Nope he got fired? In Canada we are laughing at ourselves for being too nice. Quote...I'm sorry but I am really sorry that I'm sorry but ... I really am sorry. Choke!!!!!!

W4LTD
01-12-2010, 07:00 PM
It might just be time for...

http://www.loctiteproducts.com/common/graphics/products/loctite/productshots/Item_455.jpg

guspech750
01-12-2010, 07:11 PM
My favorite T.V. show is the back of my eye lids at 10:00 P.M.

Spectragod
01-12-2010, 07:24 PM
LOL Its hilarious the housing costs around the country. I paid $167K for a somewhat spacious one bedroom co-op here in NY. $125-$150K would buy me a Studio apartment. Its over $200K for a small studio apt in Manhattan.

The $150K figure is a condo, houses are all over 200k -5million.

And less than 5 miles away are trailers worth maybe 5-6k, but the problem they are having at that store, has more to do with thugs/wannabe's that jack a car to get there or ride the bus.

For the life of me, I cannot figure out why this location is singled out, certainly not a lot of the locals shopping there, and robbing WalMart employee's sure won't net you a large payday.

Anyhow......... in before the lock.

Joe Walsh
01-12-2010, 08:01 PM
WOW!!!

Is this thread still going...err....should I say wandering?

Just wanted to post up and ensure a 'CLOSED' thread.

Phrog_gunner
01-12-2010, 08:03 PM
WOW!!!

Just wanted to post up and ensure a 'CLOSED' thread.

Why are you posting in here when Dom has plenty of "Closed" worthy threads out there that you could post in.

Ms. Denmark
01-12-2010, 08:03 PM
WOW!!!

Just wanted to post up and ensure a 'CLOSED' thread.Yeah Joe, I think this horse has been beaten to a fare-thee-well. But maybe it's been cathartic. I know I feel better!. LOL;)

Joe Walsh
01-12-2010, 08:04 PM
Why are you posting in here when Dom has plenty of "Closed" worthy threads out there that you could post in.

I've made a decision to avoid, if at all possible, any of Dom's blogs.

Phrog_gunner
01-12-2010, 08:05 PM
I've made a decision to avoid, if at all possible, any of Dom's blogs.

You are correct, sir.

dakslim
01-12-2010, 08:08 PM
Yeah Joe, I think this horse has been beaten to a fare-thee-well. But maybe it's been cathartic. I know I feel better!. LOL;)

I kind of like beating dead horses...um, the live ones kick back. I feel better too.:o

Phrog_gunner
01-12-2010, 08:11 PM
I kind of like beating dead horses...um, the live ones kick back. I feel better too.:o

Bully!! :hide:

guspech750
01-12-2010, 08:11 PM
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fart006.gifhttp://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fart001.gifhttp://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fart005.gifhttp://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-toilet04.gifhttp://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sex020.gifhttp://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sex011.gif Life is fun!

SC Cheesehead
01-12-2010, 08:13 PM
Whew! Made it under the wire...
http://www.gifflix.com/files/052bdfd69463.gif

Phrog_gunner
01-12-2010, 08:14 PM
Whew! Made it under the wire...

At your age all of your posts should say "In before the Reaper" :flamer: