PDA

View Full Version : What Started my Passion with the Marauder

CWright
01-13-2010, 06:39 PM
I have been a little reluctant about sharing my story but after speaking to a few of the members out here they said to go for it. So here we go....

I did not even know the Marauder was made in 03 and 04 until I was headed to the Daytona Race in 2006. Headed down I75, in Florida, toward Kesimmee and spotted a black and dtr in the median. I thought those are sweet looking cv's. Come to find out the story behind the Marauders being donated and that is when I began my interest in the car. After all the reading and searching for my car I finally found one in March of 08 in Morehead, Kentucky. Drove up to check out and bought that day. Telling you that to lead you to what I have done to my car. I am sentimental and am fascinated with lighting packages on police cars. I thought I would pay tribute to the Police officers for what they do. I have very close friends at our Rome City PD, Cobb County PD, Georgia State Patrol, and Georgia State Capital Police. I decided to start entering my car in shows and thought it would be cool to put a Light package only replica of the FHP Marauder. The lights in the Grill are clear until lit along with the window lights. I found a way to do no drilling on the interior of my car for mounting and use suction cups on window lights. These lights are only in the car for these videos and will be taken out until I go to car shows. Anyway that is my story. I am doing this because headed to Florida that day in Feb 06 started my passion for the car. It is my tribute to police officers for what they do putting their lives on the line everyday and my passion.

Also wanted to put this note about lights. For the State of Georgia it is legal to have the lights as long as lenses are clear and not activated while on public roads. I have had 4 diffent police officers on local and state level check the law. I am in the clear for car shows and private property but have to have permission if entered into a parade. Right now they are only used for car shows and I wanted to share what brought me to the Marauder with all of you out here. Otherwise lights are out of car.
Here are the videos I have made for right now. I am working on a better one but may take a while. Hope you enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfA3PW9aWX4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A65Ql1-NlvM

Here picts of an actual FHP Marauder

guspech750
01-13-2010, 07:43 PM
Wow!! Very impressive. Awesome job.

CWright
01-13-2010, 07:58 PM
Wow!! Very impressive. Awesome job.

Thanks man. Thought it would be unique.

DOOM
01-13-2010, 09:55 PM
Thats a sweet light package.

Very well done. :beer:

dohc324ci
01-13-2010, 10:29 PM
Very NICE!

W4LTD
01-14-2010, 02:23 AM
Very nice, yet somewhat disturbing....

Marauderman
01-14-2010, 05:30 AM
I have been a little reluctant about sharing my story but after speaking to a few of the members out here they said to go for it. So here we go....

I did not even know the Marauder was made in 03 and 04 until I was headed to the Daytona Race in 2006. Headed down I75, in Florida, toward Kesimmee and spotted a black and dtr in the median. I thought those are sweet looking cv's. Come to find out the story behind the Marauders being donated and that is when I began my interest in the car. After all the reading and searching for my car I finally found one in March of 08 in Morehead, Kentucky. Drove up to check out and bought that day. Telling you that to lead you to what I have done to my car. I am sentimental and am fascinated with lighting packages on police cars. I thought I would pay tribute to the Police officers for what they do. I have very close friends at our Rome City PD, Cobb County PD, Georgia State Patrol, and Georgia State Capital Police. I decided to start entering my car in shows and thought it would be cool to put a Light package only replica of the FHP Marauder. The lights in the Grill are clear until lit along with the window lights. I found a way to do no drilling on the interior of my car for mounting and use suction cups on window lights. These lights are only in the car for these videos and will be taken out until I go to car shows. Anyway that is my story. I am doing this because headed to Florida that day in Feb 06 started my passion for the car. It is my tribute to police officers for what they do putting their lives on the line everyday and my passion.

Also wanted to put this note about lights. For the State of Georgia it is legal to have the lights as long as lenses are clear and not activated while on public roads. I have had 4 diffent police officers on local and state level check the law. I am in the clear for car shows and private property but have to have permission if entered into a parade. Right now they are only used for car shows and I wanted to share what brought me to the Marauder with all of you out here. Otherwise lights are out of car.
Here are the videos I have made for right now. I am working on a better one but may take a while. Hope you enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfA3PW9aWX4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A65Ql1-NlvM

Here picts of an actual FHP Marauder

I just want all to know that there is the CATS AXX!...

THAT IS THE MOST AWESOME DISPLAY OF LIGHTS ON A MM AS AN LEO WAGON THERE EVER WAS.

Ok..the Shouting is over--I think. Totally the coolest light show .. That is a truly remarkable bit of work and fun am sure to show off. Makes me so jealous and envy . I think we all would like a case of that for show time when we could.

Once again, Congrats for a great display!!......(and ...psss... send me the details... I just happen to know a very close mm guy, who has a fastblackmerc (cough-cough) too and can really help me on such a project.....shuuu...just send it under cover,don't tell anyone--k?)

LIGHTNIN1
01-14-2010, 05:59 PM
Great job on the lights!

CWright
01-14-2010, 06:19 PM
Thanks guys. I appreciate the compliments. Hope all enjoy and see where I was coming from in my original post.:beer:

JUST 1BULLITT
01-14-2010, 08:02 PM
Oh yeah, very nice job~! NO doubt! :beer: