PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else here own an Impala SS?

69428SCJ
01-13-2010, 09:59 PM
I'm sure I'm not the only one who has both a 94-96 Impala and an 03-04 MM. We MM owners are a privileged group and while they made 40,000ish in 96 alone, the aren't exactly run of the mill. I'm sure I could use all my digits to count the number of owners I just wonder how many of us are here. Anyone else an owner of both?

kariamack
01-13-2010, 10:03 PM
my brother has one ...I also was a fan of these cars

DOOM
01-13-2010, 10:08 PM
I have powned many impala "SS" :shot:

dohc324ci
01-13-2010, 10:25 PM
No but always liked them. I was almost tempted to pickup my neighbors (sitting) but the wife wouldnt go for it! I ended up picking up a 06 Stang. Those LT1s can make some real good power...

03Farmmarauder
01-13-2010, 10:47 PM
Yes sir, we my dad and I are collectors of Impalla SS. 94-96 was like 67000 total produced. Love em and they hold there value very well. They have alot more bottom end than a marauder but a 4:10 gear fixes that but the SS is and old car and you can tell the diff between that and a marauder!!!

03Farmmarauder
01-13-2010, 10:49 PM
Oh btw I see you have a black ss and i just wanted to say Dark Cherry is the best hehehe

Filby'sMarauder
01-13-2010, 11:08 PM
I have a Dark Cherry Metallic SS. I have converted it to a 6-speed with 4.56 gears. It put 367 rwhp/368 rwtq. Best time on ET Streets is a 12.67 at 107 mph, dumping the clutch at the line at 4000 rpm. It's a blast to drive. I've owned it for almost 10 years.

Brian

Marauder Rick
01-14-2010, 12:51 AM
03 marauder and 95 imppy...but my wife drives that....and we race...A LOT

69428SCJ
01-14-2010, 08:51 AM
Oh btw I see you have a black ss and i just wanted to say Dark Cherry is the best hehehe

HA! You keep telling yourself that ;) I enjoy my Impala but there are many things I don't enjoy about it. First and foremost is being profiled. I can think of at least two occaisions where I've been pulled over and much to the chagrin of the officer when they see a white boy driving the car they laugh a little bit. Next is the opti-spark distributor...who in their right mind puts a distributor below a water pump? Oh that's right, Chevy! Needless to say having mine replaced is NOT cheap in the least bit. The only good thing I can say about how well the car's held up over the years is the paint. Whenever it gets waxed boy does it shine. I know GM paint isn't the best but I'm trying to keep it from peeling or having a repaint. I'll post pics soon of the Gazelle and the Black Sedan together...

bawazir
01-14-2010, 09:03 AM
I have one stored in Kuwait.

03Farmmarauder
01-14-2010, 10:58 AM
HA! You keep telling yourself that ;) I enjoy my Impala but there are many things I don't enjoy about it. First and foremost is being profiled. I can think of at least two occaisions where I've been pulled over and much to the chagrin of the officer when they see a white boy driving the car they laugh a little bit. Next is the opti-spark distributor...who in their right mind puts a distributor below a water pump? Oh that's right, Chevy! Needless to say having mine replaced is NOT cheap in the least bit. The only good thing I can say about how well the car's held up over the years is the paint. Whenever it gets waxed boy does it shine. I know GM paint isn't the best but I'm trying to keep it from peeling or having a repaint. I'll post pics soon of the Gazelle and the Black Sedan together...

Yea dad had to replace the distributor on the dark charry awhile ago but he is a machanic and if im right he said he had to take the water pump off to get to it. We have had prpblems with sending units ALOT ugh. I like the looks of the outside but I have always felt the inside is just cheap looking. Oh yea and we never rolled down the rear windows for fear the plastic ball that holds them up would fall to peices. I think GM has good paint alot less Opeel than we have on our marauders, i have never had a problem with peeling but mine are always in the garage!!!

69428SCJ
01-14-2010, 11:35 AM
I had those plastic pieces break off, had them replaced. My driver's side window control for my passenger front window is broke and so is the mirror control. I'm not to pleased that they're not working, but I don't really move the mirrors. OH, and my A/C motor isn't engaging! I'm hoping it's just a fuse and not a more serious problem...

LSp8
01-14-2010, 11:37 AM
I just got one on Saturday. Always wanted to own The Top Big Bodies for both Ford & GM. Where I'm from you get one or the other but in my opinion I get both. :)

96' DCM (Dk Cherry Met) with K&N intake, hooker headers, 2 way remote start, custom interior, and it' the 1st one I've seen with a power tilt/slide moonroof!!!, Will be my new daily driver to keep the miles down on the MM. It's the only Chevy car people will have the opportunity to see me drive. I hate the newer ones.

Stranger in the Black Sedan
01-14-2010, 12:37 PM
From you guys that own both, how is the handling and build quality of the SS compared to the MM? I am not a fan of the droopy-looking styling of that era Caprice but I can't say anything bad about the car other than how it looks because I've never driven one.

Davesvt2000
01-14-2010, 02:13 PM
My brother has a dark cherry 96, with only 35,000 original miles.

He specificly wanted a 96, last year for the car, and only year with the console shifter/bucket seats..

ImpalaSlayer
01-14-2010, 02:25 PM
:puke: no thanks

69428SCJ
01-14-2010, 02:26 PM
That's why I wanted a 96 also, looked at a couple 95s but the column shift just wasn't doing it for me. If anyone can find a 94, those bad boys are rare and have D-pillar inserts that change the shape of the glass. In 94 the rear glass was triangular and then they changed the body in 95-96 to the 94 Impala style.

breeze
01-14-2010, 02:30 PM
I just got one on Saturday. Always wanted to own The Top Big Bodies for both Ford & GM. Where I'm from you get one or the other but in my opinion I get both. :)

96' DCM (Dk Cherry Met) with K&N intake, hooker headers, 2 way remote start, custom interior, and it' the 1st one I've seen with a power tilt/slide moonroof!!!, Will be my new daily driver to keep the miles down on the MM. It's the only Chevy car people will have the opportunity to see me drive. I hate the newer ones.

since we from the same place and we know how ppl feel about the rival round here, which one do you feel has the edge.lol...i see you picked the SS for a DD so i know your answer.lol..oh and Cranberry (what i call it) is the best too.lol

69428SCJ
01-14-2010, 02:33 PM
From you guys that own both, how is the handling and build quality of the SS compared to the MM? I am not a fan of the droopy-looking styling of that era Caprice but I can't say anything bad about the car other than how it looks because I've never driven one.

The Impala drives like a big car, has plenty of low-end torque and just floats all over the road. The MM I would say, to quote my favorite movie, "she's a nimble little minx isn't she?"

Stranger in the Black Sedan
01-14-2010, 02:36 PM
oh man. I wouldn't call an all stock suspensioned MM nimble so that bubble body must really have some interesting handling. One of these days I'll have to get a ride in one

69428SCJ
01-14-2010, 02:42 PM
comparatively speaking I think the MM is a little more nimble than the Impala. I just really wanted to use the quote. The Impala handles well, but you can feel it's "big car"ness

scruff
01-14-2010, 05:51 PM
my Bro has a 96 9c1 its got the buckets colum shift and the LT1 the body needs alot of work its parked now and probally going to the graveyard in the spring shame!!

1stMerc
01-14-2010, 08:37 PM
There anice cherry looking (black) one on a car lot i pass on the way to work. Been there for a couple of months. If i had the money would probably buy it.

DOOM
01-14-2010, 09:36 PM

You wanna race that thang? I'll give you 2 car lengths. :D

Geo
03-19-2010, 01:50 PM
I have had my 94 Impala SS since 94. Bottom end torque to no end. Fishtails like a dream.

I wanted a Marauder since they were new. It's the only other decent looking car that fishtails right from the factory without mods.

Try finding that now with the new cars with stability programs and the Chrysler's that have Brake Lock Differential not to mention torque management software.

toncan
03-19-2010, 03:03 PM
I also have a 94 .Bought new.Would never give up the impala or the 03 marauder.The two cars drive completely different.When I want to smoke the tires I drive the impala.When I go out on the town,I drive the Merc.Best of both worlds.

Vortex
03-19-2010, 08:11 PM
I like em, esp the 96.

tjl006
03-19-2010, 08:24 PM
Had a 96 caprice 9c1 more goodies then the impala ss. Fun car, horrible paint peeled off the trunk. Rear windows fell off track, but it cuold do burnouts nonstop out of the hole. I loved the black steel rims with the polished center caps. The ground clearance was the best part of the car perfect for hoping curbs.