PDA

View Full Version : New member of the family!!!

69428SCJ
01-17-2010, 05:29 PM
Fellow MM.net members, it's official. I am now a member of the club! Please allow me to introduce to you the "BLK SDAN".

http://www.ipixelspot.com/files/16/Marauder.jpg

Here's the 411:

Born on 6/27/2002
Adopted originally 9/19/2002 in Dallas but spent almost all of it's life in Seattle
300A with 6-disc as the only option ordered
93,200 miles (that's with the 800 I put on it driving it from Seattle to San Fran)
I am the 4th and final adopter
No certificate yet but that will be the first thing that I do monday morning. I apologize for the lack of cleanliness, it rained almost all 800 miles. I couldn't wait to clean it I was so excited, I took the pic right after I got home, effing rain! :mad2::mad:

Here's the good:

New front tires/brakes all around
Leather/interior in great condition
Runs strong
Is what I've wanted for 8 years
Overall good condition for mileage

Now here's the bad:

93,200 miles
loud(er) engine knock (I think it's louder than it should be)
driver's window doesn't stay in the track when I roll it up
Oil pressure gauge light out
Had in issue with O/D turning off on the way back
FM on the radio doesn't work
No engine enhancements done by PO
Has been in two accidents (both involving the front, no chassis damage though!)
Turn signals flash like a bulb is burned out but none are

So my question is what can I fix myself that I've listed and how can I fix it?

Future plans include:

Window tint
trunk/chin spoiler
new set of shoes (steelies maybe?)
Headers/Aeros/2nd cats delete
Putting the Heaton on once I get the Whipple for my Cobra (and corresponding upgrades)
Other super secret plans

So, what do y'all think?

a_d_a_m
01-17-2010, 05:37 PM
Congrats, and welcome from Cleveland.

Depends on what your mechanical skill is, but I'd think the following would be pretty manageable:
Turn signals flash like a bulb is burned out but none are The trans may need a flush and filter, or it may have just been a fluke. Who knows. The other stuff, I would start by checking connections where appropriate. Might be easy fixes on several of them.

No engine enhancements done by PO ...we hope! Could have a computer tune on it...I mean, how would you know? It's an unseen mod.

So, what do y'all think? It's got a few problems and has 2 collisions on it, so I'd have been cautious. But if the price was right, then maybe I'd have taken the bait too. Either way, if you're happy with it, that's all that matters. :beer:

As far as that engine knock...how loud is it? Is it a knock or a ticking? How's the oil look?

dohc324ci
01-17-2010, 05:39 PM
Hmm for some reason I thought you already had th MM...LOL

Anyway congrats on your purchase 800 miles YIKES! Ive done that drive Portland to San Francisco 14hrs or so. Well time for some modding....

69428SCJ
01-17-2010, 06:12 PM
Congrats, and welcome from Cleveland.

Depends on what your mechanical skill is, but I'd think the following would be pretty manageable: The trans may need a flush and filter, or it may have just been a fluke. Who knows. The other stuff, I would start by checking connections where appropriate. Might be easy fixes on several of them.

...we hope! Could have a computer tune on it...I mean, how would you know? It's an unseen mod.

It's got a few problems and has 2 collisions on it, so I'd have been cautious. But if the price was right, then maybe I'd have taken the bait too. Either way, if you're happy with it, that's all that matters. :beer:

As far as that engine knock...how loud is it? Is it a knock or a ticking? How's the oil look?

My skills are decent, problem is I don't have any tools out here, they're all back in Cincy. I'm pretty sure there's no computer tune, the PO didn't really know what he had according to the dealer. It sounds like lifter ticking to me. I know the mod motors have a ticking just because that's part of how they're made but my Cobra doesn't tick as loud (that's my only other comparison for a mod motor). Oil looks good, mainly because it was just changed. I was gonna take it to the FLM dealer so they can do a once-over on the car. I knew it wasn't perfect before I bought it but the price was right for me.

CBT
01-17-2010, 06:58 PM
....:congrats:....

Brian H
01-17-2010, 07:50 PM
Finally another Sincity Marauder!!!!! Look me up when U get back in town!!! Congrats.!!! I'm out in Eastgate. Goodluck on the trip home.

4play
01-17-2010, 10:39 PM
probably a wrist pin knock when hot and at idle. dont worry about it, you just might not want to put boost on it.

Big Black Beast
01-17-2010, 10:42 PM
93,200 miles

Yor'e not even due for a tune-up yet.

Upper or lower? Only at startup or all the time?

I have this problem too. I'm hoping that the window just needs to be adjusted. Too cold here to worry about that now.

Just a bulb.

Thats scary. Check the fluid and hope that's the problem.

Does anybody listen to the radio anymore?

Fresh slate for you.

Still looks okay to me...

Hmmm....I would replace them anyway, it would cost like, $10.

Try to fix whatever you can. If you can't, someone here will help you.

Future plans include:

Window tint

I thought they were tinted already.

trunk/chin spoiler

Don't forget the $20 home depot chin spoiler option.

What? Why?

Putting the Heaton on once I get the Whipple for my Cobra (and corresponding upgrades)
Other super secret plans

I can't wait ot see what those are...

So, what do y'all think?

I think you'll like it.

bawazir
01-17-2010, 10:45 PM
Fellow MM.net members, it's official. I am now a member of the club! Please allow me to introduce to you the "BLK SDAN".

http://www.ipixelspot.com/files/16/Marauder.jpg

Here's the 411:

Born on 6/27/2002
Adopted originally 9/19/2002 in Dallas but spent almost all of it's life in Seattle
300A with 6-disc as the only option ordered
93,200 miles (that's with the 800 I put on it driving it from Seattle to San Fran)
I am the 4th and final adopter
No certificate yet but that will be the first thing that I do monday morning. I apologize for the lack of cleanliness, it rained almost all 800 miles. I couldn't wait to clean it I was so excited, I took the pic right after I got home, effing rain! :mad2::mad:

Here's the good:

New front tires/brakes all around
Leather/interior in great condition
Runs strong
Is what I've wanted for 8 years
Overall good condition for mileage

Now here's the bad:

93,200 miles

Future plans include:

Window tint
trunk/chin spoiler
Other super secret plans

So, what do y'all think?

Before you start on anything i'd check that engine knock it might cost you an arm and leg.

gdsqdcr
01-17-2010, 11:00 PM
Congrats!

So are you in Cincinati or SF? If in SF, I might be able to help you with some of the tools. I am in Pleasant Hill, ~25 miles away. Just depends on when you have time a. I have time.

Anthony

a_d_a_m
01-17-2010, 11:11 PM
As far as the steelies question:

What? Why? A 5-word good reason: ODOT loves to salt roads. :(

Of course...the thread is confusing, because the profile says Cincy, but the post says you drove it down to San Fran...
Where ya at? Where ya goin'?

dohc324ci
01-17-2010, 11:15 PM
Yeah he's originally from Cincinnati Ohio now in Northern California East Bay.

DOOM
01-17-2010, 11:25 PM
:congrats: on the purchase.

Enjoy the ride. :burn:

Big Black Beast
01-17-2010, 11:29 PM
As far as the steelies question:
A 5-word good reason: ODOT loves to salt roads. :(

Of course...the thread is confusing, because the profile says Cincy, but the post says you drove it down to San Fran...
Where ya at? Where ya goin'?

I'm doubting there's much road salting going on in San Fran.

a_d_a_m
01-17-2010, 11:32 PM
Yeah he's originally from Cincinnati Ohio now in Northern California East Bay. Well that throws the ODOT thing out of the question.

Big Black Beast
01-17-2010, 11:39 PM
So, he must have some other weird reason to swap the wheels.
I'm waiting for the forthcoming explanation.
It'll be good. I know it...

69428SCJ
01-18-2010, 01:06 AM
Yeah he's originally from Cincinnati Ohio now in Northern California East Bay.

I am from Cincinnati, I live in Bay Area CA (Vallejo to be exact) right now thanks to Uncle Sam. It may sound silly, but I'm not exactly happy I'm here so you won't see me claiming any place in this republic. To answer some of your questions:

Wheel swap because I'm deathly afraid of curbing the wheels. I don't have the best luck with shiny rims and I really don't feel like buying a new one in the event that I add another wheel to my collection. It's an upper tick (knock?) at idle. I know the gauge light is just a bulb, I can handle that myself. The pic might look like the windows are tinted, but they're virgin windows.

The situation with the O/D was at about 10 miles from home as I was accelerating on the on ramp, it wouldn't shift out of 3rd. It stayed in 3rd and the O/D light started blinking for about a mile. Then it shifted and that was it. That was the only time it ever did it and driving it since hasn't reproduced it. As for the boost, we're talking a good year or two away. The plan was to freshen up the engine before I put the blower on. gdsqdcr I would definitely appreciate any help you'd be able to provide.

RoyLPita
01-18-2010, 07:46 AM
C2AZ-13466-C is the part number for the guage light bulbs Buy both and change both. As for the driver window track, I had this problem with my 1st '92 GM, all I did was lube the track and it stayed in the track. Check the tailights. There are 2 brake light bulbs in each housing.
My car has the tick noise since I bought it. I added the rear cooling mod at 60k and it didn't change a thing.
As for the radio, the tuner seems to go south in time. Look around. The Escape 6 disc indash player would be a nice upgrade.

swordfish
01-18-2010, 08:12 AM
:congrats: on the purchase

bob6364
01-18-2010, 08:18 AM
Have fun....Hey look its a rare Black One! :D

Big Black Beast
01-18-2010, 01:53 PM
'69 Cougar Eliminator = *drool*:)