01-25-2010, 07:40 AM
just one hour ago i had an accident and there is some picture

http://i50.tinypic.com/14dm69k.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/28wov0n.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/148n2c9.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/2w54xvo.jpg

james79stang
01-25-2010, 07:44 AM
I hope every one is ok. sorry to hear about wreck......

Cheeseheadbob
01-25-2010, 07:46 AM
At least you were able to walk away and take the pictures. If you need a replacement, my car is for sale.:D I hope you are ok.

abmerbati
01-25-2010, 07:48 AM
it's ok... everyone is fine... no one gets hurt

blackhueys
01-25-2010, 08:59 AM
ok so what happened?

Embassy
01-25-2010, 09:03 AM
it's ok... everyone is fine... no one gets hurt

Thank God.

So, what happened?

DOOM
01-25-2010, 09:08 AM
WOW!!!
Looks like a panther saved another life.
Glad to hear you werent hurt!

ctrlraven
01-25-2010, 09:10 AM
Racing accident?

Glad to hear everyone is ok!

At least you were able to walk away and take the pictures. If you need a replacement, my car is for sale.:D
The middle east wouldn't know what hit them if you car was over there. lol

Bluerauder
01-25-2010, 09:23 AM
Glad to hear that you are OK. Sorry to see an MM in that condition.

How long since you opened that hood before the wreck?? :rolleyes:

DOOM
01-25-2010, 09:26 AM

Lotsa sand out there charlie. ;)

bawazir
01-25-2010, 09:26 AM
wow! Just wondering did the airbags deployed ?

ctrlraven
01-25-2010, 09:34 AM
wow! Just wondering did the airbags deployed ?
In the 2nd picture on the driver's side you can see the side airbag sticking out up top between the door.

abmerbati
01-25-2010, 09:38 AM
ok so what happened?

nothing until now

Spectragod
01-25-2010, 09:41 AM
Dibs on the floormats.... J/K, glad your OK.

tbone
01-25-2010, 10:48 AM
Glad no one hurt.

Another MM down. Very sad.

tbone
01-25-2010, 10:57 AM
How did your Marauder end up in Saudi Arabia? Just curious.

justbob
01-25-2010, 11:05 AM
There is quite a few over there. Glad your OK.

tbone
01-25-2010, 11:44 AM
Did they get exported by Ford or by private parties?

Joe Walsh
01-25-2010, 11:48 AM
Glad to hear that you are OK. Sorry to see an MM in that condition.

+1

Glad to hear that you are not hurt...Marauder is a goner.

(BTW: DOOM fainted when he saw the underhood photo.)

justbob
01-25-2010, 11:48 AM
I'm sure privately. I know we have atleast a dozen members in Saudi, so who only knows how many MM's in total.

Hadamustang1
01-25-2010, 11:50 AM
Did'nt see the camel xing sign?

252life
01-25-2010, 12:30 PM
How did it happen? Was it a single accident?
Glad your OK.

4play
01-25-2010, 08:13 PM
maybe he hit a cammel?

Motorhead350
01-25-2010, 08:19 PM
Hey guys take an easy on him. We all get into accidents. I myself have been in two with my Marauder and I keep fixing it. I just wonder what he hit that ended up damaging the roof. At first I thought it was a person, but if it was there would be blood for that kind of damage.

Glad to hear he is okay and I'm sure is ready for fix it or get another. I'd say fix it. It's probably cheaper than getting another one, plus it's truly his car.

SC Cheesehead
01-25-2010, 08:26 PM
Hey guys take an easy on him. We all get into accidents. I myself have been in two with my Marauder and I keep fixing it. I just wonder what he hit that ended up damaging the roof. At first I thought it was a person, but if it was there would be blood for that kind of damage.

Glad to hear he is okay and I'm sure is ready for fix it or get another. I'd say fix it. It's probably cheaper than getting another one, plus it's truly his car.

Wondering if he flipped it.

TAKEDOWN
01-25-2010, 09:09 PM
Glad you're okay and survived the crash as for the MARAUDER... :shake:! I gotta go outside and hug Merideath!

abmerbati
01-26-2010, 06:59 AM
Did they get exported by Ford or by private parties?
they exported only 11 marauder and one of is a supercharger by ford and the rest is private parties

I'm sure privately. I know we have atleast a dozen members in Saudi, so who only knows how many MM's in total.
there is about 20 to 30 marauder in saudi

How did it happen? Was it a single accident?
yes it was a single accident

maybe he hit a cammel?
if i hit one i will be dead right now

i dont think i can fix it,can i ?...it is difficult to do it i am thinking to buy a new car

Wondering if he flipped it.
yes i flipped it

bawazir
01-26-2010, 07:06 AM
What kind a car you thinking of buying ?

babbage
01-26-2010, 08:16 AM
Sorry about that - that's the most damage to an MM I've ever seen.

Motorhead350
01-26-2010, 08:25 AM
If it's mostly body damage you can fix it with a Ford Crown Victoria, but you will need some Marauder parts. The windshield is a Marauder one because it's tinted like no other car. Put a piece of white paper behind it and look at it from the outside and it will appear green. How is the suspension? Does it still run? I am guessing it doesn't drive.

LSp8
01-26-2010, 09:37 AM
Definitely looks like a rollover, hate to see pics like this but it's a reminder of how careful we all gotta be. Thank God nobody is hurt (at least physically). It seems like more MMs were wrecked in the past 6 months than ever before. Theses are going to be extremely hard to come by in a few more years.

swordfish
01-26-2010, 09:44 AM
Glad to hear that you are OK. Sorry to see an MM in that condition!

abmerbati
01-26-2010, 10:25 AM
What kind a car you thinking of buying ?
i dont know i am thinking about 300c srt8 or sho or mustang gt

tbone
01-26-2010, 10:31 AM
It would cost more than it's worth to fix. Therefore, it is totalled.

Motorhead350
01-26-2010, 10:47 AM

Marauder! Marauder!

jgc61sr2002
01-26-2010, 11:03 AM
Glad to hear you are OK.

ctrlraven
01-26-2010, 11:14 AM
Sherman Tank!! A whole lot chance of flipping that lol and you'll be safe from just about anything.

DOOM
01-26-2010, 11:16 AM

At 19 years old those cars may be a bit too much for you.
How did this accident happen anyway?

swordfish
01-26-2010, 11:23 AM

It appears the Marauder may have been to much!

Stranger in the Black Sedan
01-26-2010, 11:49 AM
^yeah just a little. I mean seriously they are not that fast and weigh 10 million pounds. I would think they would be pretty easy to keep rubber side down.

DOOM
01-26-2010, 12:05 PM
It appears the Marauder may have been to much!

Thats my point!
There are a few "youngins" that have totaled their marauders here in C.A.M land.
All were 20 and under and had their cars less than a year. One of them didn't even have his for 6 months before TOTALING it! :shake:

DOOM
01-26-2010, 12:08 PM
I mean seriously they are not that fast and weigh 10 million pounds. I would think they would be pretty easy to keep rubber side down.

When youre 19 and an inexperienced driver they are extremely fast!!! :drive:

abmerbati
01-26-2010, 01:35 PM

why it wiil be too much for me i think it ok

How did this accident happen anyway?

i was driving my marauder at a speed of 115 mph i think when a car appear front of me so i tried to avoid him and because it was a little rain i couldnt control the car
for real i was racing with charger rt

Thats my point!
There are a few "youngins" that have totaled their marauders here in C.A.M land.
All were 20 and under and had their cars less than a year. One of them didn't even have his for 6 months before TOTALING it!

i used my car for just 10 month

Stranger in the Black Sedan
01-26-2010, 01:36 PM
^^ is this for real? 115 in the rain racing someone? Uh 2 words, public transportation

-Matt-
01-26-2010, 01:38 PM
i was driving my marauder at a speed of 115 mph i think when a car appear front of me so i tried to avoid him and because it was a little rain i couldnt control the car

Do us all a favor and dont buy anymore Marauders :censor:

abmerbati
01-26-2010, 01:40 PM
^^ is this for real? 115 in the rain racing someone? Uh 2 words, public transportation

it wasnt rain just a little bit of water

abmerbati
01-26-2010, 01:42 PM
Do us all a favor and dont buy anymore Marauders

every body make a mistake and i am really sad about losing my marauder

DOOM
01-26-2010, 01:46 PM

I dont know if you understand this but YOU just proved my point!

Big Black Beast
01-26-2010, 01:46 PM
Live and learn I guess.

SC Cheesehead
01-26-2010, 01:47 PM
i was driving my marauder at a speed of 115 mph i think when a car appear front of me so i tried to avoid him and because it was a little rain i couldnt control the car for real i was racing with charger rt

Uh, had the same thought.

abmerbati,

Question #1: Are you related in any way to bucci?

Question #2: have you checked out one of these?
http://www.tcnj.edu/~pa/news/2009/images/bluesmartcarJPG.jpg

abmerbati
01-26-2010, 01:48 PM
I dont know if you understand this but YOU just proved my point!

i think i learned from my mistake in the last accident

swordfish
01-26-2010, 01:50 PM
Do us all a favor and dont buy anymore Marauders :censor:

I 2nd that!:beer:

cougar9150
01-26-2010, 01:50 PM

I think you need to read your second response to answer your first question.

Your 19 racing at 120+ mph on a street where someone could pull out in front of you does not show good decision making and a general disregard for anyone else's safety on the street. In the rain no less shows even less control on your part.

A car like this or the others stated above will lead you to killing yourself or someone else unless you can wield the power and performance responsibly.

Nothing wrong with having a fast car but you learn to drive it like an adult. Hopefully you learned something from this and will show more restraint in the future. I'm sorry about your car but it could have been prevented if you had respected the car and weather.

abmerbati
01-26-2010, 01:54 PM
I think you need to read your second response to answer your first question.

Your 19 racing at 120+ mph on a street where someone could pull out in front of you does not show good decision making and a general disregard for anyone else's safety on the street. In the rain no less shows even less control on your part.

A car like this or the others stated above will lead you to killing yourself or someone else unless you can wield the power and performance responsibly.

Nothing wrong with having a fast car but you learn to drive it like an adult. Hopefully you learned something from this and will show more restraint in the future. I'm sorry about your car but it could have been prevented if you had respected the car and weather.

i learned a lot of things from this accident
and i feel really sad about my marauder

DOOM
01-26-2010, 01:56 PM

YOU DONT DRIVE 115mph IN THE RAIN!!! :nono:

abmerbati
01-26-2010, 01:58 PM
YOU DONT DRIVE 115mph IN THE RAIN!!
ok respect the car and you guys
i will never do it again

Motorhead350
01-26-2010, 01:58 PM
Hey now!

I've had mine since I was 16 years old. It has been just fine. The Marauder is perfect. It's big, safe and if you can park this car you can park anything.

I got heat a lot from "older" member on here for having a Marauder and I wasn't even crashing the thing. The only time I ever crashed it was when I drove over black ice at night!

Would you guys be easy on this guy? He lost his car and isn't happy about it. Did you read the full details? He swerved to miss someone. We all race or have raced, most won't admit it. I'll admit it and shot it out every week. This guy has learned a lesion for life and if the expense was one Marauder, good! Did he damage your car? No. So get off of his case.

If he wasn't 19 you guys wouldn't react this way. Almost every few weeks or so we get a posting of a totaled Marauder with parts for sale. Do you guys complain about that? No. You guys are actually happy because now you can get your parts at a discount. If he didn't mention his age or how he crashed the car everyones reactions would be totally different. Next time a member crashes their car ask them in full detail what happened.

This guy is a member of our club and was before the crash and you all have to kick him when he's down and blame his age for the cause of the crash. Shame shame shame.

I would love a posting of all crashes everyone has been in at what age they were at the time. The results wouldn't surprise me.

I'll start.

2004 - Ran over black ice on I-94, hit guardrail with right front, caused car to do a u-turn, went backwards across three lanes while doing 65 mph and smashed the back right. Started it up and drove home. Fixed 3 weeks later. With the Marauder

2008 - Driver hit me driving down the street when he was attempting to make a U-turn out of a parking meter space. With the K5

2008 - Driver hit me from behind at a redlight. Chipped some paint off of the bumper guard on the Marauder. Got enough insurance money to the S55 treatment.

ALSO 2005 - Daddy got drunk and put my Marauder into a telephone pole. Cold turkey ever since. The car was fixed.

Who's next?

DOOM
01-26-2010, 02:03 PM
ok respect the car and you guys
i will never do it again

Hey im sorry you lost your car but im glad youre ok! :up:

I did alot of stupid things when i was 19 too (so did alot of other people here) its a part of life and a learning experience. :beer:

Be glad your still alive to talk about it.

abmerbati
01-26-2010, 02:04 PM
've had mine since I was 16 years old. It has been just fine. The Marauder is perfect. It's big, safe and if you can park this car you can park anything.

I got heat a lot from "older" member on here for having a Marauder and I wasn't even crashing the thing. The only time I ever crashed it was when I drove over black ice at night!

Would you guys be easy on this guy? He lost his car and isn't happy about it. Did you read the full details? He swerved to miss someone. We all race or have raced, most won't admit it. I'll admit it and shot it out every week. This guy has learned a lesion for life and if the expense was one Marauder, good! Did he damage your car? No. So get off of his case.

If he wasn't 19 you guys wouldn't react this way. Almost every few weeks or so we get a posting of a totaled Marauder with parts for sale. Do you guys complain about that? No. You guys are actually happy because now you can get your parts at a discount. If he didn't mention his age or how he crashed the car everyones reactions would be totally different. Next time a member crashes their car ask them in full detail what happened.

This guy is a member of our club and was before the crash and you all have to kick him when he's down and blame his age for the cause of the crash. Shame shame shame.

I would love a posting of all crashes everyone has been in at what age they were at the time. The results wouldn't surprise me.

I'll start.

2004 - Ran over black ice on I-94, hit guardrail with right front, caused car to do a u-turn, went backwards across three lanes while doing 65 mph and smashed the back right. Started it up and drove home. Fixed 3 weeks later. With the Marauder

2008 - Driver hit me driving down the street when he was attempting to make a U-turn out of a parking meter space. With the K5

2008 - Driver hit me from behind at a redlight. Chipped some paint off of the bumper guard on the Marauder. Got enough insurance money to the S55 treatment.

ALSO 2005 - Daddy got drunk and put my Marauder into a telephone pole. Cold turkey ever since. The car was fixed.

Who's next?

what can i say
thanks for explain this

abmerbati
01-26-2010, 02:05 PM
Hey im sorry you lost your car but im glad youre ok!

I did alot of stupid things when i was 19 too (so did alot of other people here) its a part of life and a learning experience.

Be glad your still alive to talk about it.

thanks
i am really glad to hear that

DOOM
01-26-2010, 02:15 PM
Hey dom i got 1 question for you since you like to race so much (as do i ) :D

Would you race in the rain doing TRIPLE DIGIT speed!!!???

I sure as hell wouldn't! Why you ask? EXPERIENCE!!!

Im not trying to kick a man while he's down.

And as far as the other people that totaled their cars. I dont recall any of them street racing in the rain doing triple digit speed in traffic!!!

SC Cheesehead
01-26-2010, 02:15 PM
Hey now!

I've had mine since I was 16 years old. It has been just fine. The Marauder is perfect. It's big, safe and if you can park this car you can park anything.

I'll start.

Who's next?

Sorry Dom, racing at 115 mph in the rain is gonna get a guy called out, no matter what age he is...

And as for accidents: MY DTR was totalled out by a 19 year old kid that ran into Terry while she was on her way to work. He'd been out partying all night, was on his way home, lost control and plowed into my wife.

E-Dubb totalled out our '96 Taurus SE at age 18. Three days after he got his driver's license. Barrel rolled it going into a tight corner at almost 70 mph and slammed into a tree.

Look at any insurance company statistics, young males are involved in the majority of accidents. They all think they're 10 feet tall and bulletproof. Ask me how I know.

I totaled out my '65 GTO while jacking around and showing off for some friends. Age: 19

Big Black Beast
01-26-2010, 02:23 PM
Hey im sorry you lost your car but im glad youre ok! :up:

I did alot of stupid things when i was 19 too (so did alot of other people here) its a part of life and a learning experience.

Heck, I'm alot older & still do alot of stupid things.
But the stupid things I do now are generally less stupid than the things I used to do.

Be glad you're still alive to talk about it.

That's the important part, in fact, not only are you alive, but you don't even seem even very (or at all) injured. If you had been driving a Miata, you would be dead. Lucky this time.

SC Cheesehead
01-26-2010, 02:29 PM
Heck, I'm alot older & still do alot of stupid things.
But the stupid things I do now are generally less stupid than the things I used to do.

That's the important part, in fact, not only are you alive, but you don't even seem even very (or at all) injured. If you had been driving a Miata, you would be dead. Lucky this time.

Yup. Ford engineering saves another one.

Motorhead350
01-26-2010, 02:33 PM
If you had been driving a Miata, you would be dead. Lucky this time.

See? The Marauder did it's job it saved his life.

Hey dom i got 1 question for you since you like to race so much (as do i ) :D

Would you race in the rain doing TRIPLE DIGIT speed!!!???

And as far as the other people that totaled their cars. I dont recall any of them street racing in the rain doing triple digit speed in traffic!!!

No I don't and I never will. He said rain, then he said it was simply wet. Maybe it stopped raining, but either way racing on anything, but dry pavement is a disaster waiting to happen... at least with street cars. :D

Charlie thanks for the post and that was a cool car. You just proved how big of a man you are to everyone. Not afraid to admit something like that.

Anyone else wanna admit something that was fun that turning into a crash?

If I had my computer I would post pictures, although none were my fault and they actually weren't racing.

abmerbati
01-26-2010, 02:41 PM
Charlie thanks for the post and that was a cool car. You just proved how big of a man you are to everyone. Not afraid to admit something like that.

Anyone else wanna admit something that was fun that turning into a crash?

yes i think every should admit something

DOOM
01-26-2010, 02:42 PM
No I don't and I never will. He said rain, then he said it was simply wet. Maybe it stopped raining, but either way racing on anything, but dry pavement is a disaster waiting to happen... at least with street cars. :D

Thats experience talking my friend. :beer:

And that wasn't charlie it was REX. :up:

tbone
01-26-2010, 03:21 PM
First of all, he is probably talking about KILOMETERS, not miles per hour. Second, he is probably exaggerating a bit, like we all do. If he was going 115 MPH, there would be nothing left of him or the car!

Motorhead350
01-26-2010, 03:26 PM
Thats experience talking my friend. :beer:

And that wasn't charlie it was REX. :up:

Shoot, maybe I need to be on meds...... nah I just nearly passed out today when working out... no joke. My 1 hour free session took a little longer. DRINK LOTS OF WATER PEOPLE!

-Matt-
01-26-2010, 04:28 PM
First of all, he is probably talking about KILOMETERS, not miles per hour. Second, he is probably exaggerating a bit, like we all do. If he was going 115 MPH, there would be nothing left of him or the car!

So in KPH it would be like 71mph? This changes my view on this

tbone
01-26-2010, 04:33 PM
Plus, Saudi Arabia would probably serve him his own balls for dinner for an offense like that. They don't mess around.
In Japan, if you get caught driving drunk, you lose your license for LIFE. Period. End of story.

SC Cheesehead
01-26-2010, 04:43 PM

So in KPH it would be like 71mph? This changes my view on this

QUOTE: "i was driving my marauder at a speed of 115 mph i think when a car appear front of me so i tried to avoid him and because it was a little rain i couldnt control the car for real i was racing with charger rt"

The man said he was driving 115 mph, so we're going to second-guess him now to evaluate whether is was "okay" or "not okay" to wreck his car? :dunno:

breeze
01-26-2010, 05:03 PM
iim 21 i had my MM for 6months and this is my view...if it rains or just got finished rainning earlier that day im not racing my car point-plank-period!!!...the grounds wet, you barely have traction and control over your car...you must respect the car. this isnt no impala were talkin about.lol...but hey, this is how i look at it.
........you learn by doing and F:censor:ING up...

tbone
01-26-2010, 07:12 PM
QUOTE: "i was driving my marauder at a speed of 115 mph i think when a car appear front of me so i tried to avoid him and because it was a little rain i couldnt control the car for real i was racing with charger rt"

The man said he was driving 115 mph, so we're going to second-guess him now to evaluate whether is was "okay" or "not okay" to wreck his car? :dunno:

I don't believe it, that's all.

DOOM
01-26-2010, 07:50 PM

If it was KILOMETERS im sure he would have said that instead of MPH.

DOOM
01-26-2010, 07:53 PM
With great power comes great responsibility.

BEN PARKER

cougar9150
01-26-2010, 08:47 PM
It sucks right now and it seems like we are picking on you but that is not the case. We all still act like fools sometimes, myself included but don't want to see someone hurt themselves or someone else.

It took hitting a wall on a bridge at 80 mph in traffic to do it for me. It's kind of scary when you see the water for a moment in the middle of a 10 mile bridge.

I was crossing the bridge quicker than most of the traffic, cruising in and out of cars. I was taking the holes as soon as they were there, basically cutting people off in my wife's 3 month old 2002 Altima (I was 22 at the time). Another guy in a black honda with a giant cheese grater for a wing doing exactly what I was doing came into the lane at the same time I did. We narrowly avoided each other, I over compensated and went right into the wall with the drivers side.

I destroyed the entire driver side of the car, bent both the driver side wheels under the car, and narrowly missed being run into by an almost jack knifing semi. Was definitely one of those surreal moments when everything slows down, and you have this realization you are going to possibly die at this moment.

Just be glad your alive and in one piece. You will miss your car but it did it's job and saved your butt.

twin03
01-26-2010, 09:14 PM
I am glad to hear that you are not hurt or killed. R.I.P. Marauder.......

LOWBUCKMM
01-27-2010, 03:01 PM
i have one question. were you wining or losing befor it happen. cause no matter what you lost.

tbone
01-27-2010, 03:34 PM
If it was KILOMETERS im sure he would have said that instead of MPH.

They're used to kilometers, not miles. When was the last time you said how fast you were going in KPH? The USA is the only country left that still uses the English system.

The most obvious part of this being a tall tale is the damage to the car. 40 mph test crashes do more damage than that Marauder sustained! If someone pulled out and you were going 115 mph, you would have no time whatsoever to slow down even 15 mph. You would immediately swerve and probably lose control. He said he rolled it. Even if he slowed down to 6o mph before the roll, how many times do you think the car would roll over before coming to a stop? 6, maybe 7 times? The mirrors didn't even come off! The story makes no sense.

SC Cheesehead
01-27-2010, 03:52 PM
They're used to kilometers, not miles. When was the last time you said how fast you were going in KPH? The USA is the only country left that still uses the English system.

The most obvious part of this being a tall tale is the damage to the car. 40 mph test crashes do more damage than that Marauder sustained! If someone pulled out and you were going 115 mph, you would have no time whatsoever to slow down even 15 mph. You would immediately swerve and probably lose control. He said he rolled it. Even if he slowed down to 6o mph before the roll, how many times do you think the car would roll over before coming to a stop? 6, maybe 7 times? The mirrors didn't even come off! The story makes no sense.

Okay, now I got it. He was actually only going 115 Kph (71.46 mph for us backward American folks) on a wet road, racing another car. Swerved to miss another car, probably should have been able to maintain control, accident should have never happened, only rolling 6 or 7 times, no way damage should have been so severe, you're right, story makes no sense...:rolleyes:

tbone
01-27-2010, 04:05 PM
Okay, now I got it. He was actually only going 115 Kph (71.46 mph for us backward American folks) on a wet road, racing another car. Swerved to miss another car, probably should have been able to maintain control, accident should have never happened, only rolling 6 or 7 times, no way damage should have been so severe, you're right, story makes no sense...:rolleyes:

You explain it cheesehead, since you're so gosh dang smart!

-Matt-
01-27-2010, 04:29 PM
I said 71mph like 7 posts ago.... lol

CBT
01-27-2010, 04:48 PM
i learned a lot of things from this accident
and i feel really sad about my marauder

Sorry it happened:(

Glad you are okay:)

CBT
01-27-2010, 04:55 PM
I totaled out my '65 GTO while jacking around and showing off for some friends. Age: 19

Wonder how much that would be worth now if you'd parked it in a barn after the wreck and just left it alone.

SC Cheesehead
01-27-2010, 07:45 PM
You explain it cheesehead, since you're so gosh dang smart!

Does it really matter how fast he was going? I mean, young guy, hot car, racing on wet roads? Accident waiting to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Cheesehead http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?p=856352#post85 6352)

Wonder how much that would be worth now if you'd parked it in a barn after the wreck and just left it alone.

Actually, that's what happened to it. A guy bought it from me, parked it in a shed for a couple of years, then decided to pull the engine and sell the rest for parts. What's left of the car is now sitting out in a field about 15 miles from where I grew up. :( You can't really tell from the pic, but the frame was badly sprung, and the whole underside of the car was really torn up.

I lost control of it doing a massive burnout. Hit second gear and lost control of the car while it was fishtailing. Drove into a stone bridge abutment, leveled that and then launched the car over the side of the bridge. Fortunately the momentum carried the front end of the car over to the retaining wall and the back end of the car hung up on the footer, otherwise the car would have probably flipped and dropped roof first into the river bed about 20 feet below road level. Had that happened...well, I doubt I'd be sharing this story right now. Oh, and FWIW, the investigating officer calculated I was doing about 45 mph when it hit the bridge (albeit at WOT).

abmerbati
01-27-2010, 08:25 PM
i didnt say 115 kh i think i said about 115MPH i dont remember what my speed at that time but i think it was from 100MPH to 115MPH

in saudi we use kh and i know that the u.s is the only country that use MPH so i wrote MPH but i didnt say KH

DOOM
01-27-2010, 09:00 PM
Mph. That's what I thought.

knine
01-27-2010, 09:02 PM
You were 19?

SC Cheesehead
01-28-2010, 05:35 AM
You were 19?

Once.

Does the guy standing behind the car and slightly to the right look familiar?

Bluerauder
01-28-2010, 06:19 AM
Once.

Jeeze Rex..... you came real close to going in the creek. Dayum lucky with that one and a real shame about your '65 GTO. I once did a 360* in wet/slick weather but didn't hit anything ... very lucky ... and the lesson is one that has stuck for 40+ years.

Great pic !!! Was that published in the newspaper account of the accident??

SC Cheesehead
01-28-2010, 08:35 AM
Jeeze Rex..... you came real close to going in the creek. Dayum lucky with that one and a real shame about your '65 GTO. I once did a 360* in wet/slick weather but didn't hit anything ... very lucky ... and the lesson is one that has stuck for 40+ years.

Great pic !!! Was that published in the newspaper account of the accident??

I believe it was, I got a B&W 8 x 10 from the reporter on the scene, I've kept in a scrap book for years and recently scanned it into electronic format.

The officer that cited me was a decent guy, a gearhead himself. I could (should) have been cited for reckless driving and public endangerment; instead he ticketed me for driving too fast for conditions.

And you're right, Charlie, "I came real close to going in the creek..." There isn't a week goes by that I don't pause to reflect on that fact for a moment or two. Anybody wants to argue with me about the existence of Guardian Angels, the line forms on the right.

Motorhead350
01-28-2010, 08:45 AM

Did it occur to you that if he was going 115 it doesn't mean that was the speed of impact? Maybe that's when he started to lose control? Perhaps didn't hit anything until he slowed down to 39mph? Just a thought.

DOOM
01-28-2010, 09:24 AM
You know youre a geezer :geezer: when you start pulling out the black & white pics! :rofl:

CBT
01-28-2010, 09:28 AM
You know youre a geezer :geezer: when you start pulling out the black & white pics! :rofl:

DOOM, lol. That is quoteworthy right thar. Errr...I mean stop picking on the old farts.

SILVERSURFER03
01-28-2010, 09:30 AM
Just saw the thread glad your good sorry about the car

Motorhead350
01-28-2010, 09:36 AM

Hey now, Rex pulled that from a newspaper. I think if he had his camera phone on him at the time it would have been in color. ;)

tbone
01-28-2010, 10:16 AM
i didnt say 115 kh i think i said about 115MPH i dont remember what my speed at that time but i think it was from 100MPH to 115MPH

in saudi we use kh and i know that the u.s is the only country that use MPH so i wrote MPH but i didnt say KH

Why don't you take the time to explain what happened? You don't have to if you are uncomfortable with it, but it would be interesting to find out.:lol:

tbone
01-28-2010, 10:21 AM
Did it occur to you that if he was going 115 it doesn't mean that was the speed of impact? Maybe that's when he started to lose control? Perhaps didn't hit anything until he slowed down to 39mph? Just a thought.

Duuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh............. ....Yes I thought of that.

abmerbati
01-28-2010, 11:44 AM
i think i am going to fix the car

what do you think of that

CBT
01-28-2010, 11:47 AM

Go for it :beer:

SC Cheesehead
01-28-2010, 11:48 AM
Hey now, Rex pulled that from a newspaper. I think if he had his camera phone on him at the time it would have been in color. ;)

If I would have had a camera phone in my pocket at the time, I think any pictures would have turned out brown...;)

CBT
01-28-2010, 11:51 AM
If I would have had a camera phone in my pocket at the time, I think any pictures would have turned out brown...;)

LMMFAO!!! So how long did it actually take for your booty cheeks to un-clench after that?

SC Cheesehead
01-28-2010, 11:53 AM
LMMFAO!!! So how long did it actually take for your booty cheeks to un-clench after that?

About 'tree hours and 6 - 7 beers...

Motorhead350
01-28-2010, 11:57 AM

Please do. There are enough other cars out there. It can be done, but this one might cost some major money.

Motorhead350
01-28-2010, 11:58 AM
Duuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh............. ....Yes I thought of that.

OK cool. :banana2:

MARAUDER 2004
01-29-2010, 07:44 AM
اول شي الحمد لله عالسلامة
في الحديد ولا في العبيد

ممكن سؤال انت من وين الشرقيه؟

ممكن اذا بتشلح الموتر تقلي او بتبيع منه اي شي؟

MARAUDER 2004
01-29-2010, 07:47 AM
في اي تشليح بعته

Motorhead350
01-29-2010, 08:16 AM
Are you looking for a parts car or just parts?

abmerbati
01-29-2010, 08:28 AM
ما بعته الى الحين وناوي اصلحه انشاالله
من الشرقيه

he is asking me if i want to sell a parts from the car but i will repair it

joemama
01-29-2010, 08:41 AM
it wasnt rain just a little bit of water

Over there those roads do not see much rain and there are no required vehicle inspections, hence there are a lot of cars that leaks fluids....in other words, those roads are already slick to start with. Add a tad bit of water...:shake:

Motorhead350
01-29-2010, 08:47 AM
Oh ok. Ya keep that car!

dakslim
01-29-2010, 08:49 AM
Once.

No, he's not eating any ribs or drinking a Blue Moon.:D

SC Cheesehead
01-29-2010, 09:09 PM
No, he's not eating any ribs or drinking a Blue Moon.:D

That was then, this is now, and the above is what lead to now...;)

ImpalaSlayer
02-12-2010, 05:08 PM
anyone else notice the non clutched alt pulley?