PDA

View Full Version : Houston Auto Show

mrjones
01-27-2010, 01:34 PM
I just got back from the Houston Auto Show. It opened today at noon today, which was when I left. The Mustang Club of Houston got invited in for a special press conference/preview, and we got to go in at 9:30, before the show even opened. Waay cool.

Front and center when you walk in was the new 11 5.0 in Blaze Yellow. Not my favorite color, but it looked good, and I'm betting it will look incredible in the sun. This one had the anthracite wheels with the Brembo brake package. 412hp is looking pretty good!

I was impressed with all of the Ford stuff. I even sat in a Ranger for a short trip down memory lane of the 86 Ranger that I had - still the best, most reliable vehicle I've ever owned.

The new 6.7L Powerstroke was there, and the new Super Duty has some really cool features. There is an info screen in the dash that appears to let you set up the factory trailer brake system with memory settings for different trailers. You can adjust the controller settings for different named trailers, and just punch it up on the computer when you hook up. Really neat.

Ford is kicking out some great stuff these days, and it was nice to be able to get into the show a couple of hours early and be able to get into any car you wanted with no waiting.

Oh, another cool thing Ford had there was the Raptor simulator. Basically a big video game with a chair mounted on hydraulic rams that bounced you around as you drove the Raptor through Baja. Looked like a lot of fun, but with the 250lb weight limit, it wasn't set upfor the 'real man'.

LIGHTNIN1
01-27-2010, 02:42 PM
I would love to be there. Someone at work just got one of those Super Dutys you saw, Harley Davidson Edition. Black of course. Good for a lot of miles.

mrjones
01-27-2010, 08:50 PM
Does it have the new 6.7L diesel engine? They started it while we were in there and it was gasoline quiet.