Motorhead350
01-28-2010, 12:59 AM
Impeach Obama??? Give the man a chance to fix eight years of the Bush
administration!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

HAHAHA!

CBT
01-28-2010, 04:36 AM
I think he just says stuff he thinks people will forget about in a day or three, here are just a couple of examples.

OBAMA: The president issued a populist broadside against lobbyists, saying they have "outsized influence" over the government. He said his administration has "excluded lobbyists from policymaking jobs." He also said it's time to "require lobbyists to disclose each contact they make on behalf of a client with my administration or Congress" and "to put strict limits on the contributions that lobbyists give to candidates for federal office."
THE FACTS: Obama has limited the hiring of lobbyists for administration jobs, but the ban isn't absolute; seven waivers from the ban have been granted to White House officials alone. Getting lobbyists to report every contact they make with the federal government would be difficult at best; Congress would have to change the law, and that's unlikely to happen. And lobbyists already are subject to strict limits on political giving. Just like every other American, they're limited to giving $2,400 per election to federal candidates, with an overall ceiling of $115,500 every two years.
___
OBAMA: He called for action by the White House and Congress "to do our work openly, and to give our people the government they deserve."
THE FACTS: Obama skipped past a broken promise from his campaign — to have the negotiations for health care legislation broadcast on C-SPAN "so that people can see who is making arguments on behalf of their constituents, and who are making arguments on behalf of the drug companies or the insurance companies." Instead, Democrats in the White House and Congress have conducted the usual private negotiations, making multibillion-dollar deals with hospitals, pharmaceutical companies and other stakeholders behind closed doors. Nor has Obama lived up consistently to his pledge to ensure that legislation is posted online for five days before it's acted upon.

Ozark Marauder
01-28-2010, 04:45 AM
Everything changes except President Obama. His agenda doesn’t change. He has had no second thoughts about the wisdom of his health-care policies, or any of his policies; resistance is always and only a reason for redoubling. Also unchanging is the condescension with which he articulates his agenda.

Ozark Marauder
01-28-2010, 04:48 AM
This president is willing to listen to Republican ideas, just so long as he can then forget that he has ever done so.) Narcissism, too, is a constant companion. The opening of the speech, and the end, invited us to regard Obama as the embodiment of the nation. But it is not the country’s future that has suddenly come under doubt. It is his administration’s. It is not the country’s spirit that is in danger of breaking. It is contemporary liberalism’s.

SC Cheesehead
01-28-2010, 05:10 AM
BHO: "I campaigned on the promise of change -- change we can believe in, the slogan went. And right now, I know there are many Americans who aren't sure if they still believe we can change -- or that I can deliver it,"

Well, he got one thing right.

IBTL

CBT
01-28-2010, 05:11 AM
I think he is way to cocky for someone whose goals are constantly thwarted. Campaigning for Democrats, fail. Health care, fail. Close GITMO, fail. Create millions of jobs, fail. Prevent foreclosures, fail. Transparency in the administration, fail. If he was at the free throw line sinking extra point after extra point, then I would be jumping up and down in the bleachers yelling "strut, mutha......!", but currently, that is not happening, so it bothers me when he chastised the Republicans by telling them last night that saying no to everything is not leadership. Okay, you're the President, how about setting the example? Lead, mutha.....!

SC Cheesehead
01-28-2010, 05:24 AM
President Obama laid out a broad agenda Wednesday for Congress, from the financial-industry overhaul to health-care reform to creating jobs. And a focus on his words says a lot about what’s in store:

Banks will pay higher fees and taxes. And he thinks that these increased costs won't be passed along to consumers?

Insurance companies will face new regulations. And he thinks that these new regualtions won't negatively impact consumers in the form of higher premiums?

Oil companies will lose tax breaks. And he thinks that this won't result in higher prices at the gas pump?

Small businesses will get new tax incentives to hire workers. Why would any company want to entertain hiring anybody in this crappy economy; what are they going to do, sweep floors?

CYCBI, yeah, right...:rolleyes:

Ozark Marauder
01-28-2010, 05:35 AM
The president is proposing to freeze one-seventh of the budget while letting the other six-sevenths grow. The proposal sounds like what an unsuccessful dieter would order at McDonald’s:

Big Mac, large fries, Diet Coke.

SC Cheesehead
01-28-2010, 05:37 AM
The president is proposing to freeze one-seventh of the budget while letting the other six-sevenths grow. The proposal sounds like what an unsuccessful dieter would order at McDonald’s:

Big Mac, large fries, Diet Coke.

Uh, and super size that, please...:rolleyes:

Paul T. Casey
01-28-2010, 06:02 AM
administration!!!!!!!!!!

I think the next time things get bad at my job, I'll hide behind my predecessor's mistakes. Bet I get fire in a month. Did Bush mishandle some things? Probably. I'm just tired of excuses instead of work. Don't tell me who broke what, tell me your plan to fix what.

Phrog_gunner
01-28-2010, 06:14 AM
I think the next time things get bad at my job, I'll hide behind my predecessor's mistakes. Bet I get fire in a month. Did Bush mishandle some things? Probably. I'm just tired of excuses instead of work. Don't tell me who broke what, tell me your plan to fix what.

That's because you aren't the messiah.

FordNut
01-28-2010, 06:29 AM
What gets me is after Brown's election to the Senate, he made a speech and said "We get it" but then in his State of the Union address he made it clear he doesn't get it. He still wants the government to fix everything and do it all at once. Focus on jobs first...

BTW, he wants to appoint another committee. Who pays for that? Us, and we didn't get consulted on it either. Just like all the new Czars, he misuses his power to appoint new federal employees and create unnecessary positions that we have to pay the salaries for. As well as paying for their benefits, which are far better than ours.

FordNut
01-28-2010, 06:44 AM
I watched the highlights on the news, I can hardly stand to watch his speeches. He doesn't speak, he reads, and it is obvious. If I had read from a teleprompter in my public speaking classes I would have flunked out of college. He sounds good but it's fake, when he has to speak without the teleprompters he is as bad as Bush ever was.

Spectragod
01-28-2010, 09:39 AM
I watched the highlights on the news, I can hardly stand to watch his speeches. He doesn't speak, he reads, and it is obvious. If I had read from a teleprompter in my public speaking classes I would have flunked out of college. He sounds good but it's fake, when he has to speak without the teleprompters he is as bad as Bush ever was.

X2, I couln't even bear to watch the B.S. flow so smoothly from his purple lips, :banned:, I just turned the set off and reloaded another 1000 rounds.

IBTL

-Matt-
01-28-2010, 09:43 AM
http://www.intarnet.us/graphics/yoda_ibtl.jpg

Haggis
01-28-2010, 10:20 AM
That's because you aren't the messiah.

Not the messiah, the anti-christ.

Paul T. Casey
01-28-2010, 10:22 AM
Not the messiah, the anti-christ.

Nah, the anti-Christ is supposed to be popuklar and seem intellegent.

CBT
01-28-2010, 10:24 AM
Nah, the anti-Christ is supposed to be popuklar and seem intellegent.

BOO-Yaaaaa!!! Spellcheck!!
Sorry bro, couldn't resist:D

tbone
01-28-2010, 10:30 AM
administration!!!!!!!!!!

It all started with the DEMOCRATS pushing banks to make home loans to people that could not afford them, against the advice of REPUBLICANS. The banks failed, causing the stock market to crash. The economy goes to hell. Period. End of story. DEMOCRATS fault.

Obama has had a year to fix the economy. His policies are anti-business.
The man-child blames Bush for everything, like a spoiled little baby.:bigcry:

tbone
01-28-2010, 10:33 AM
Here is PROOF for you liberal progressives out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63siCHvuGFg

LIGHTNIN1
01-28-2010, 10:33 AM
Last week BO spoke to a 3rd grade class. Had to have both teleprtompters. Where are all the Shovel Ready jobs we were promised in the campaign? I don't have mine and me and my shovel are ready. Talk is cheap for a politician. I'm waiting on their proposal for solar powered trains.

Haggis
01-28-2010, 11:02 AM
Last week BO spoke to a 3rd grade class. Had to have both teleprtompters. Where are all the Shovel Ready jobs we were promised in the campaign? I don't have mine and me and my shovel are ready. Talk is cheap for a politician. I'm waiting on their proposal for solar powered trains.

You need a shovel job? I need a trench dug, really I do, when can you start?

CBT
01-28-2010, 11:04 AM
You need a shovel job? I need a trench dug, really I do, when can you start?

That's what the illegal aliens are for, pay attention!

LIGHTNIN1
01-28-2010, 11:10 AM
Scrap that idea. Sold the shovel to an illegal Haitian. I just passed my GED so now I can upgrade to a burger flippin job.:D

SC Cheesehead
01-28-2010, 11:56 AM
Scrap that idea. Sold the shovel to an illegal Haitian. I just passed my GED so now I can upgrade to a burger flippin job.:D

:rofl: HOOHA!! Can I get fries with that, pal? :D :lol:

LIGHTNIN1
01-28-2010, 12:07 PM
:rofl: HOOHA!! Can I get fries with that, pal? :D :lol:

Fries not a problem and a coupon for a free drink on your next visit.:woohoo:

SC Cheesehead
01-28-2010, 01:10 PM
Fries not a problem and a coupon for a free drink on your next visit.:woohoo:

Hey, real C.Y.C.B.I.....;)

Leadfoot281
01-28-2010, 02:31 PM
administration!!!!!!!!!!

Lol! Did you think I was serious about that!? Joe Biden as President? LMAO! Nope, my bumper sticker is a joke. That's all. I went for 7 long years looking at "Impeach Bush" bumper stickers after he started killing terrorists. Pay back is a beeyotch!

Speaking of "fixing" things.

My ex-girlfriend left a nice healthy house plant here before she split. I placed in a dark corner of the house far away from the Suns damaging UV rays. It soon wilted.

Because my Grandparents kept telling me how smart and handsome I am, I just knew the problem was with the plant and not me. Eventually the leaves started dropping. I appologized to the plant for my ex-girlfriends behavior. That didn't help it one bit.

I hired a Moisture Czar using money taken from my friends while they were at work. The dirt was too dry so I encouraged my cat to pi$$ on it. This didn't help either. What a stupid plant! If only it would listen to me everything would be alright!

Then plant became infested with nastly little bugs. I tried to negotiate with them but inspite of my amazing speaking skillls they wouldn't listen and soon spread throughout my house.

Now I hired a Vermin Czar. He recommended a big change. A toxic mixture of Round-up, diesel fuel, paint thinner, and bleach seemed to take care of the bugs. Unfortunately it also made this stupid, ignorant (and possibly racist) plant even worse.

My friends were getting tired of me mooching all their money on my stupid project and my approval ratings with them fell like a rock. They claimed that if I had just left the f-n plant alone it might have done better. They also told me they needed their money for real things and not my pet projects. My friends are all dumber than me so I continued to ignore them.

I had clearlly "inherited" a problem plant. The almost dead plant was 100% my ex-girlfriends fault. I had nothing to do with it! Don't blame me! I'm not the one in charge!

I sure HOPE things CHANGE. :rolleyes:

Vortex
01-28-2010, 02:43 PM
Enough wih these politics threads..............

DJCV
01-28-2010, 03:43 PM
I value most of the comments about POLITICS on car-enthusiast forums just as much as I value theories about performance cars on political forums.

CBT
01-28-2010, 04:51 PM
That had to have taken some serious think time, love it!! :beer:

Lol! Did you think I was serious about that!? Joe Biden as President? LMAO! Nope, my bumper sticker is a joke. That's all. I went for 7 long years looking at "Impeach Bush" bumper stickers after he started killing terrorists. Pay back is a beeyotch!

Speaking of "fixing" things.

My ex-girlfriend left a nice healthy house plant here before she split. I placed in a dark corner of the house far away from the Suns damaging UV rays. It soon wilted.

Because my Grandparents kept telling me how smart and handsome I am, I just knew the problem was with the plant and not me. Eventually the leaves started dropping. I appologized to the plant for my ex-girlfriends behavior. That didn't help it one bit.

I hired a Moisture Czar using money taken from my friends while they were at work. The dirt was too dry so I encouraged my cat to pi$$ on it. This didn't help either. What a stupid plant! If only it would listen to me everything would be alright!

Then plant became infested with nastly little bugs. I tried to negotiate with them but inspite of my amazing speaking skillls they wouldn't listen and soon spread throughout my house.

Now I hired a Vermin Czar. He recommended a big change. A toxic mixture of Round-up, diesel fuel, paint thinner, and bleach seemed to take care of the bugs. Unfortunately it also made this stupid, ignorant (and possibly racist) plant even worse.

My friends were getting tired of me mooching all their money on my stupid project and my approval ratings with them fell like a rock. They claimed that if I had just left the f-n plant alone it might have done better. They also told me they needed their money for real things and not my pet projects. My friends are all dumber than me so I continued to ignore them.

I had clearlly "inherited" a problem plant. The almost dead plant was 100% my ex-girlfriends fault. I had nothing to do with it! Don't blame me! I'm not the one in charge!

I sure HOPE things CHANGE. :rolleyes:

LIGHTNIN1
01-28-2010, 04:59 PM
Leadfoot that story is definitely a keeper.Am going to pass it around and send copies to my brothers.Thanks for the insight.

Phrog_gunner
01-28-2010, 05:19 PM
Enough wih these politics threads..............

Did Bush make you read it?

CBT
01-28-2010, 05:33 PM
Did Bush make you read it?

Bush wouldn't be that mean. He's a nice guy who loves kittens. See?

-Matt-
01-28-2010, 06:02 PM
Bush wouldn't be that mean. He's a nice guy who loves kittens. See?

Babies too:

http://www.foundshit.com/images/bush001.jpg

and turkeys:

http://www.inquisitr.com/wp-content/george-w-bush-funny.jpg

and SAILORS!!!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01016/bush-bumps_1016549i.jpg

Phrog_gunner
01-28-2010, 06:09 PM
That's not a sailor, Einstein, that was an Airman. Nice to know you recognize the traditions of your own branch.

bob6364
01-28-2010, 06:17 PM
That's not a sailor, Einstein, that was an Airman. Nice to know you recognize the traditions of your own branch.

Hahaahahahahahahahahahahaa x 1,000,000

CBT
01-28-2010, 06:18 PM

MMatt had a Fruedian slip, he was thinking of sailors.

-Matt-
01-28-2010, 06:18 PM

I don't think so, I'm pretty sure that's Annapolis

-Matt-
01-28-2010, 06:19 PM
either way, you know you were only staring at that dudes huge white ass anyways

CBT
01-28-2010, 06:20 PM
I don't think so, I'm pretty sure that's Annapolis

Admit it, you WANT it to be a sailor. You're so far back in the closet you can see what's going on in Narnia.

Phrog_gunner
01-28-2010, 06:21 PM
well as worn out as yours is, why SHOULDN'T i look elsewhere?

Phrog_gunner
01-28-2010, 06:24 PM
Graduation Uniforms at Annapolis:
http://www.defense.gov/home/images/photos/2004-05/photoessay/pi052804a5.jpg

-Matt-
01-28-2010, 06:27 PM
You're so far back in the closet you can see what's going on in Narnia.

Dude, thats awesome. Im using that one in the future for sure

dohc324ci
01-28-2010, 08:07 PM
Obama is our savior! Rejoice!

B.C. Bake
01-28-2010, 08:36 PM
Obama is our savior! Rejoice!

??????????:popcorn: :nocomm:

dohc324ci
01-28-2010, 08:43 PM
^^^oh come on man...where's your sense of humor?

B.C. Bake
01-28-2010, 09:02 PM
OK,..whats really funny are the folks that voted for this guy, but I must admit it was hard to see though the smoke and mirrors at first.:pancake: :drumstck:food for everyone, oh yea, "no cost"..just go to your nearest shelter when you loose your job. But hang in there "I DON'T THINK SO"...There is change out there....:director:

FordNut
01-28-2010, 09:11 PM
Kinda funny...

An elementary school had an election for class president. One candidate did a lot of preparation and planning, had good ideas on what to do and how to accomplish things. The other didn't do any planning or anything. They had a debate and the first candidate won on all the issues, but the other candidate's platform was "free ice cream for everybody". When asked how to pay for it, there was no plan, no idea what it would even cost. But the "free ice cream" candidate won... But those were kids, they didn't get to vote in the real presidential election.

Or did they?

B.C. Bake
01-28-2010, 09:25 PM
Kinda funny...

An elementary school had an election for class president. One candidate did a lot of preparation and planning, had good ideas on what to do and how to accomplish things. The other didn't do any planning or anything. They had a debate and the first candidate won on all the issues, but the other candidate's platform was "free ice cream for everybody". When asked how to pay for it, there was no plan, no idea what it would even cost. But the "free ice cream" candidate won... But those were kids, they didn't get to vote in the real presidential election.

Or did they?

EXACLLY...:UP: BTW Fordnut, I'll have to post what what I found with the impact sencors in the MM's. I'm dicecting one now to find out why it fried when the battery went dead?

dohc324ci
01-28-2010, 09:36 PM
Hmmm no such thing as a free lunch?

Leadfoot281
01-28-2010, 09:52 PM
That had to have taken some serious think time, love it!! :beer:

Eh, not really. I think we've all seen some know-it-all noob at work talk a big game and then screw everything up.

It's been a full year now and my friends are asking where my progress is with the house plant. Apparently these doofuses want to see their money get results. (this concept of "their money" confuses me greatly I must admit).

I'm just going to spray paint it green and see if that keeps them quiet. Hey, if things look good, that's all that matters right? Maybe I'll brag about all the leaves that didn't fall off. That will certainly impress the fools!

Who needs sunlight and water for a plant anyway! That's old school. I'm going to re-invent the wheel! Un-natural, counter intuitive, and radical schemes are what's needed here. As well as a lot of "their" money.

LIGHTNIN1
01-28-2010, 09:52 PM
OK,..whats really funny are the folks that voted for this guy, but I must admit it was hard to see though the smoke and mirrors at first.:pancake: :drumstck:food for everyone, oh yea, "no cost"..just go to your nearest shelter when you loose your job. But hang in there "I DON'T THINK SO"...There is change out there....:director:

I'm still waiting on him to put gas in my Marauder, pay my electric bill, and pizza every Saturday nite. Didn't he promise me a supercharger if I voted for him, oh it may have been someone else. Please don't furnish me a job just print some money and send me a check.:snoopy:

LIGHTNIN1
01-28-2010, 09:56 PM
Leadfoot, I am rolling in the floor. Can't take it.:rofl::laugh::laugh:

teamrope
01-28-2010, 10:08 PM
Unbelievable that he would openly take a shot at the Supreme Court for doing their jobs while they sat right in front of him. The man has no class, and getting more Chavez-like by the day.
That was nothing but outright political intimidation for them performing their constitutional duties.

Not only was that the longest SOTU address I recall but also the first that didn't highlight what had been accomplished during the year.

Vortex
01-28-2010, 10:30 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01016/bush-bumps_1016549i.jpg
US Air Force. Note senior officer hat in front row w/ farts and darts.

JamesHecker
01-29-2010, 12:03 AM
Thanks everybody. This has so far been a fun thread to read. Nobody getting rude and unpleasant. Hope it stays that way.

FordNut
01-29-2010, 06:07 AM
Unbelievable that he would openly take a shot at the Supreme Court for doing their jobs while they sat right in front of him. The man has no class, and getting more Chavez-like by the day.
That was nothing but outright political intimidation for them performing their constitutional duties..

I've said all along, he's a bully. He likes to throw his weight around too much. Then when he doesn't get his way he gets even more obnoxious.

Not only was that the longest SOTU address I recall but also the first that didn't highlight what had been accomplished during the year.

What accomplishments?

Phrog_gunner
01-29-2010, 06:29 AM
I've said all along, he's a bully. He likes to throw his weight around too much. Then when he doesn't get his way he gets even more obnoxious.

What accomplishments?

That's racist. ;)

SC Cheesehead
01-29-2010, 06:44 AM
...Not only was that the longest SOTU address I recall but also the first that didn't highlight what had been accomplished during the year.

Gotta do something before you can talk about it...;)

tbone
01-29-2010, 07:18 AM
It was nothing but a 70 minute temper tantrum by the man child. He is PATHETIC!

CBT
01-29-2010, 07:22 AM
What about the :beer:"beer summit"? I think we can chalk that up as a win for Obama, you haters.

Haggis
01-29-2010, 08:05 AM
What about the :beer:"beer summit"? I think we can chalk that up as a win for Obama, you haters.

Is that the change he was talking about? I never received my beer.

CBT
01-29-2010, 08:13 AM

I'll buy you a drink, but you have to drive all the way to Kentucky to git it.

Haggis
01-29-2010, 08:54 AM
I'll buy you a drink, but you have to drive all the way to Kentucky to git it.

Done.

dakslim
01-29-2010, 08:58 AM

Beer! We're supposed to get beer?:(

CBT
01-29-2010, 09:05 AM
Beer! We're supposed to get beer?:(

You'll get more than beer if you show up in Louisville. Water, soda, beer, FOOD!, clear liquor, dark liquor, FOOD!, liquor that will melt the cup you're drinking it out of, money (if you win LCR), hugs, handshakes, raffle stuff, etc. etc. oh and food and beer.:beer:

LIGHTNIN1
01-29-2010, 09:06 AM
That was nothing but outright political intimidation for them performing their constitutional duties.

Teamrope I agree about the Supreme Court comments. That is a lot low level.No matter which side you are on they will not please every one on each ruling.Just gotta roll with the flow.There has been a few I did not agree with . For the Pres to do what he did I just don't know what to say. As for the beer summit this guy would just as soon have one with Bin Laden as the policeman and the professor.

dakslim
01-29-2010, 09:07 AM
You'll get more than beer if you show up in Louisville. Water, soda, beer, FOOD!, clear liquor, dark liquor, FOOD!, liquor that will melt the cup you're drinking it out of, money (if you win LCR), hugs, handshakes, raffle stuff, etc. etc. oh and food and beer.:beer:

You had me at "You'll"!:rolleyes:

MMBLUE
01-29-2010, 09:08 AM
HOWS THAT HOPE AND CHANGE DOIN FOR YA :stupid:

teamrope
01-29-2010, 10:51 AM

What I find totally dumbfounding is the press's reaction to Justice Alito's uttering "not true" but totally ignore the breach of protocol by the President.

I haven't seen anyone comment on this though, that even Justice Sotomayor looked upset, and shocked.
Watch here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pB5uR3zgsA&feature=player_embedded)

swordfish
01-29-2010, 10:57 AM
What I find totally dumbfounding is the press's reaction to Justice Alito's uttering "not true" but totally ignore the breach of protocol by the President.

I haven't seen anyone comment on this though, that even Justice Sotomayor looked upset, and shocked.

I Told my wife It would have been funny as hell If they stood up and walked out. I'd like to seen the look on his face then!

CBT
01-29-2010, 11:11 AM
Justice Sotomayor looked upset, and shocked.

She SHOULD looked shocked, shocked she's actually a Supreme Court Justice!! $%#^%^%$^4550698rg89jdsgf^&!!!!!

tbone
01-29-2010, 12:40 PM

Fox News was all over it.

jerrym3
01-29-2010, 01:04 PM
Can no longer take Fox or MSNBC. The BS from both sides is just too much. The whole political process stinks. The spinning, twisting, sound bites, etc are overdone. I don't think that the left or the right could agree where the sun rises and sets.

But, if I had to choose one TV station, I'd choose Fox, mainly for the entertainment factor. Better looking commentators.

One guest on The Daily Show made an interesting comment.

Our founding forefathers never envisioned carreer politicians.

From a Buffalo Springfield song. "nobody's right if everybody's wrong".

So true.

tbone
01-29-2010, 01:26 PM
Fox is fair. There are independent studies made that shows Fox is the most fair of all. Yes, there are the OPINION shows, Beck, O'Reilly, Hannity, but MSNBC was found to be THE most biased network, and they have their OPINION shows, Mathews, Olberman and that dyke Maddows. And the 3 of them are completely NUTS!

Paul T. Casey
01-29-2010, 01:41 PM
http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=231326

Reet Thar is your place for politicin' news and info.

Hadamustang1
01-29-2010, 02:38 PM
They should go back to what they do best.. Bombing the crud out of brown people..:banana:

SC Cheesehead
01-29-2010, 09:04 PM
They should go back to what they do best.. Bombing the crud out of brown people..:banana:

:eek: What!!?? http://anchoredbygrace.com/smileys/fainting.gif

IBTL.

B.C. Bake
01-29-2010, 10:27 PM

What's brown people got to do with ANYTHING!.....:loco:

LIGHTNIN1
01-29-2010, 10:45 PM
Well it was not people that looked like me that seemed to the focus of 911. If I am wrong someone put me in my place. I can take criticism happily.

SC Cheesehead
01-30-2010, 06:54 AM

What's brown people got to do with ANYTHING!.....:loco:

Well it was not people that looked like me that seemed to the focus of 911. If I am wrong someone put me in my place. I can take criticism happily.

Well then the OP should have said "terrorists" or more accurately, "Muslim extremists." IMO the term "brown people" can cover a whole lotta folks, most of which are decent people.

CBT
01-30-2010, 07:08 AM
Well then the OP should have said "terrorists" or more accurately, "Muslim extremists." IMO the term "brown people" can cover a whole lotta folks, most of which are decent people.

Yeah me included! I tan pretty well without even trying, lol. Darn Cherokee blood.

CBT
01-30-2010, 07:12 AM
Interesting article:

545 vs. 300,000,000

EVERY CITIZEN NEEDS TO READ THIS AND THINK ABOUT WHAT THIS JOURNALIST HAS SCRIPTED IN THIS MESSAGE. READ IT AND THEN REALLY THINK ABOUT OUR CURRENT POLITICAL DEBACLE.

Charley Reese has been a journalist for 49 years.
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/cid:1.2978768664@web32707.mail .mud.yahoo.com
545 PEOPLE
By Charlie Reese

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, WHY do we have deficits?

Have you ever wondered, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, WHY do we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don't propose a federal budget. The president does.

You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does.

You and I don't write the tax code, Congress does.

You and I don't set fiscal policy, Congress does.

You and I don't control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one president, and nine Supreme Court justices equates to 545 human beings out of the 300 million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.

I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered, but private, central bank.

I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason.. They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman, or a president to do one cotton-picking thing. I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash. The politician has the power to accept or reject it. No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislator's responsibility to determine how he votes.

Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.
What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall.. No normal human being would have the gall of a Speaker, who stood up and criticized the President for creating deficits.. The president can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it.

The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes. Who is the speaker of the House? Nancy Pelosi. She is the leader of the majority party. She and fellow House members, not the president, can approve any budget they want. If the president vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto if they agree to.

It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million can not replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts -- of incompetence and irresponsibility. I can't think of a single domestic problem that is not traceable directly to those 545 people. When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise the power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.

If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want it unfair.

If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it in the red ..

If the Army &Marines are in IRAQ , it's because they want them in IRAQ

If they do not receive social security but are on an elite retirement plan not available to the people, it's because they want it that way.

There are no insoluble government problems..

Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire and whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject; to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can take this power. Above all, do not let them con you into the belief that there exists disembodied mystical forces like "the economy," "inflation," or "politics" that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do.

Those 545 people, and they alone, are responsible.

They, and they alone, have the power.

They, and they alone, should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses.

Provided the voters have the gumption to manage their own employees.

We should vote all of them out of office and clean up their mess!

Charlie Reese is a former columnist of the Orlando Sentinel Newspaper.

What you do with this article now that you have read it........... Is up to you.

Ms. Denmark
01-30-2010, 07:34 AM
If only it were that easy. LOL People usually LOVE their own congressmen. It's other people's elected representatives that are to blame. :rolleyes: ;)

SC Cheesehead
01-30-2010, 08:15 AM
If only it were that easy. LOL People usually LOVE their own congressmen. It's other people's elected representatives that are to blame. :rolleyes: ;)

You got that right, Paula! If only the rest of youse guys would elect Senators like the ones we've got here is SC...

dakslim
01-30-2010, 08:44 AM
You got that right, Paula! If only the rest of youse guys would elect Senators like the ones we've got here is SC...

How 'bout Governors?:eek:

Pops
01-30-2010, 08:45 AM
How 'bout Governors?:eek:

Start at the top! You guys know what goes down hill!;)

CBT
01-30-2010, 03:20 PM
When the Debt Level is raised again by Congress the Debt to Economy will exceed 100% raising our debt level to that of the SUDAN! Welcome to the SUDAN!
Former Tres Sec Rubin, appointed by Liberal Demo Pres Clinton, states - "The United States faces projected 10-year federal budget deficits that seriously threaten its bond market, exchange rate, economy, and the economic future of every American worker and family. " -"The commission also found that no economy anywhere in the world had been successful with largely state-directed activities and high walls against global integration.
The evidence, in other words, strongly suggests that a market-based model is still the best way forward. ", (Rubin wrote in NewsWeek, 12-29-09)

D. Elmendorf, CBO Director, appointed by the current Liberal Demo Congress, - In speaking about 2009 "Federal Debt held by the public will equal about 60% of GDP by the end of this fiscal year, the highest level since the early 1950's. As a result, further large deficits and increases in the debt will raise serious economic risks." (Please note our Gov't has Budgeted a Debt to GDP of 81.70%.)
"The United States must soon raise taxes or cut government spending to curb its debt, and failure to act will risk a crippling dollar crisis as investor confidence ebbs, a panel of experts said on Wednesday.
The national debt has risen above 50 percent of GDP (gross domestic product) from 40 percent two years ago, and within 20 years will blow past a previous record above 100 percent of GDP set after World War Two without stern official steps."
"Mounting debt could sap investor confidence in the economy, and the nation's ability to honor its obligations, pushing up interest rates and causing a steep fall in the value of the dollar as international creditors seek safer returns elsewhere." (see Reuters article from the Committee on the fiscal future of the USA)

The following Data is from the Congressional Budget Office as respects the 10 year Budget our Gov't has passed into law;

Year 2008 2019
Debt in Billions 5,803 17,126
GDP in Billions* 14,222 20,966
Debt % GDP 40.80% 81.70%
Debt Per Capita 19,088 56,335
Interest PerCapita 831 2,627
% GDP Defense
4.30% 4.59%

Per the CIA World Fact Book USA is ranked 61st highest Debt to GDP out of 126 countries. A 2019 Budgeted Debt to GDP ratio of 81.70%, *this assumes annual GDP growth of ~4%, would rank the USA 11th. The IMF report estimates our Debt to GDP ratio in 2019 will be 100% resulting in a rank of 6th, next to Sudan
In 1988 the Debt to GDP was 40% and in 1998 it was 36%.

In 2019 the Budgeted interest on the Debt will be within 10% of what is Budgeted to spend on Defense.

The Budget is based on increasing individual income tax as a % of GDP by 37% and Corporate tax going down 26% as a % of GDP. Most Corporations in the USA are small business and taxed as an individual (S).

The above is "Budgeted" as in it has not yet been spent.

What our Gov't has done, therefore it has already happened per Arthur Laffer, is in less than a year increased the money supply by 110%. This is 11 times greater than ever before.

guspech750
01-30-2010, 03:56 PM
We should elect the governor of Anartica as President............We would be better off that way.......lol

CBT
01-30-2010, 04:18 PM
How Small Bus Will be Affected in 1 Year
Hear this most SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS are taxed as an individual, (SubChapter "S"). Per the CBO the 10 year Budget passed in to law is based on income taxes going up on households making over $135,000 starting in 2011. A small business with $650K in Gross Sales. They have 2 employees making $50K each and the husband and my wife pay themsleves a salary of $50K each. At the end of the year there is a "profit" of $100K or 16% of their Gross Sales.

In 2011 the new income taxes result in $10K in higher taxes for the husband and wife Small Business Owner. Do you think the 2 employees are going to get their 10% or $5K bonus each or do you think their pay will be cut to pay for this $10K tax increase? Do you think the husband and wife Small Business Owner will now be able to grow their small business by hiring a part time person having to pay an additional $10K in taxes?

What has this Gov't done to help the small buisness owner to grow and hire more? What this Gov't has done is proposed laws that increase for Small Business their costs and to reduce their profits. Small Business generates 80% of new jobs during a recession and represent 60% of all jobs.

Per the CBO income tax as a % of GDP will go up 37% while Corporate Tax as a % of GDP will go down 26%.

Some may say wow thats $200K in income they are rich! The AVERAGE salary before over time, bonus and a retirement system that bankrupted GM/Chrysler for FEDERAL WORKERS is $75,000 each! A household with 2 AVERAGE Federal workers before over time, bonus and a retirement system is $150,000!

How many of the current Cabinet Members have ever owned a business? 8%! How many members of Congress have ever owned a business?
For Tax Year 2007
Percentiles Ranked by AGI AGI Threshold on Percentiles Percentage of Federal Personal Income Tax Paid
Top 1% $410,096 40.42
Top 5% $160,041 60.63
Top 10% $113,018 71.22
Top 25% $66,532 86.59
Top 50% $32,879 97.11
Bottom 50% 2.89%
Note: AGI is Adjusted Gross Income
Source: Internal Revenue Service

For Tax Year 1999
Percentiles Ranked by AGI AGI Threshold on Percentiles Percentage of Federal Personal Income Tax Paid
Top 1% $293,415 36.18
Top 5% $120,846 55.45
Top 10% $87,682 66.45
Top 25% $52,965 83.54
Top 50% $26,415 96.00
Bottom 50% 4.0%
Note: AGI is Adjusted Gross Income
Source: Internal Revenue Service
Individual Income Taxes Under Presidents Clinton and Bush, 1999 Law and 2008 Law
For taxpayers who take the standard deduction and have no children
Taxpayer Tax under Clinton, 1999 tax law Tax under Bush, 2008 tax law Savings under Bush % Under Clinton % Under Bush % Reduction
Single, income of 30,000 $3,157.50 $2,756.25 $401.25 11% 9% -13%
Single, income of 50,000 $7,262.50 $6,606.25 $656.25 15% 13% -9%
Married, income of $50,000 $5,085.00 $4,012.50 $1,072.50 10% 8% -21%
Single, income of $75,000 $14,262.50 $12,856.25 $1,406.25 19% 17% -10%
Married, income of $75,000 $9,426.50 $7,762.50 $1,664.00 13% 10% -18%
Single, income of $125,000* $29,378.50 $26,472.25 $2,906.25 24% 21% -10%
Married, income of $125,000* $23,426.50 $19,462.50 $3,964.00 19% 16% -17%
*This chart does not take into account the Alternative Minimum Tax

-Matt-
01-30-2010, 04:21 PM
How Small Bus Will be Affected in 1 Year

Why would all of that affect small buses?

CBT
01-30-2010, 04:23 PM
Dunno, you tell me, I don't ride the short ones!

Phrog_gunner
01-30-2010, 04:25 PM

Shouldn't you be learning what uniforms the AF wears?

-Matt-
01-30-2010, 04:29 PM
Shouldn't you be learning what uniforms the AF wears?

I dont bother myself with learning academy stuff

Phrog_gunner
01-30-2010, 04:36 PM
I dont bother myself with learning academy stuff

Yeah you shouldn't need to know anything diverse as a "leader". :P

jerrym3
01-30-2010, 04:57 PM
If demand remains at the present low level, why would small businesses hire if they received tax breaks? (Unless, small businesses use the tax cuts to lower the cost of goods or services (instead of hiring new workers) thereby increasing demand.).

If I ran a small business, why would I hire additional people if Im not selling everything I make now? If I hired more workers, I'd just have more "product" sitting on my shelves.

Therefore, I'd probably put put the tax cut into my pocket.

If demand increased, wouldn't small businesses hire with or without tax cuts?

The question is, how do we increase demand?

Answer, tax cuts for the buyers to give them more money to spend.

MrBluGruv
01-30-2010, 05:23 PM
THe unfortunate part of that is even with tax cuts it's gonna take a while for the spending to happen, purely I believe due to the distrust of government. People will want to know for sure that the money they get back is gonna stay with them before they get rid of it, instead of having a tax cut now show up as an increase somewhere else and taking all their money back.

I think, on the note of taxes, that if we really wanted to generate extra revenue, we should shift the taxes from things like property taxes to sales taxes, basically something EVERYONE will be subject to. I grant that my thought process is probably influenced by where I live though, because we have an incredibly large number of Mexican nationals that come here, both legally (I'm referring to visitors) and illegally, and they don't pay a dime of taxes because they don't own property but they use a fair bit of other public services. If they made the tax shift from property to sales and did it in an effective way, I believe not only would the landowners see a drop or at least no change in the amount of taxes they end up seeing at the end of the day, but the government would see a HUGE increase in tax revenue because of all the extra people that are now effectively "in the system" in regards to paying taxes.

FordNut
01-30-2010, 05:40 PM
You're in TX, I'm in TN, we have similar tax structures in our states. Property tax (real estate, not personal property taxes like some states have) and sales taxes, but no state income tax. I believe this is a lot more fair than income taxes. Sales taxes are proportional to spending. Those who earn more, spend more. Therefore they pay more in taxes.

CBT
02-01-2010, 02:23 PM
My tax dollars go to this?!

"Pop quiz: What billion-dollar multinational receives hundreds of millions in tax dollars even though it is enormously profitable? If your thoughts turned to defense contractors, you would be right about the purpose -- killing -- but wrong about the recipient. The answer, in fact, is Planned Parenthood. According to its most recent annual report, in fiscal 2008, Planned Parenthood Federation of America, the nation's largest abortion provider, had annual revenue of more than $1 billion. Of this, about 34 percent was made up of government grants. In other words, almost $350 million of American taxpayer dollars supported the work of Planned Parenthood from October 2007 to September 2008. And, according to tax records from the same time period, this 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization had a net income $85 million greater than its expenses. That looks suspiciously like a profit.... The enterprise of abortion in America is big business. It turns a profit, and for the American taxpayer, the bailout of a financial behemoth -- one engaged in an activity most Americans find troubling -- is obviously unnecessary. Even without pondering such moral questions as 'When does life begin?' and 'What is happening in a woman's body that abortion stops?' the fact that this billion-dollar industry needs no tax support should be enough to stop taxpayer handouts." --Jeanne Monahan (http://www.frc.org/op-eds/nix-abortion-funding) of the Family Research Council

B.C. Bake
02-01-2010, 03:30 PM
This whole thing is driving me to :drink: and that's not grape juice.

LIGHTNIN1
02-01-2010, 03:33 PM
CBT it goes to show you what geniuses are running things as I guess this is rational thinking to some. And to think that these type payouts are still being created. A trillion here a trillion there starts to add up.

Leadfoot281
02-01-2010, 03:47 PM
My tax dollars go to this?!

"Pop quiz: What billion-dollar multinational receives hundreds of millions in tax dollars even though it is enormously profitable? If your thoughts turned to defense contractors, you would be right about the purpose -- killing -- but wrong about the recipient. The answer, in fact, is Planned Parenthood. According to its most recent annual report, in fiscal 2008, Planned Parenthood Federation of America, the nation's largest abortion provider, had annual revenue of more than $1 billion. Of this, about 34 percent was made up of government grants. In other words, almost $350 million of American taxpayer dollars supported the work of Planned Parenthood from October 2007 to September 2008. And, according to tax records from the same time period, this 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization had a net income $85 million greater than its expenses. That looks suspiciously like a profit.... The enterprise of abortion in America is big business. It turns a profit, and for the American taxpayer, the bailout of a financial behemoth -- one engaged in an activity most Americans find troubling -- is obviously unnecessary. Even without pondering such moral questions as 'When does life begin?' and 'What is happening in a woman's body that abortion stops?' the fact that this billion-dollar industry needs no tax support should be enough to stop taxpayer handouts." --Jeanne Monahan (http://www.frc.org/op-eds/nix-abortion-funding) of the Family Research Council

I don't see what the big deal is. The right to privacy is awesome! I can go hang out with my doc and smoke crack with him all day long. It's obviously protected by the constitution. :rolleyes:

Also, the right own a gun is in the constitution. The government probably spends $350,000,000.00/ year building gun shops across the country too. Right? :confused:

B.C. Bake
02-01-2010, 03:55 PM
+1...Actually, my modow has has always been keep working hard at whatever your doing and don't be a slacker''....Things will happen,doors will open. Just be out there....:flag:

Oh BTW my +1 was for LIGHTNIN1

LIGHTNIN1
02-02-2010, 06:01 PM
I like the part where they keep raising the debt ceiling. They say at this point each household owes $600k. Instead of payin up I think I will stiff them and buy another Marauder.Then declare bankruptcy.

CBT
02-02-2010, 06:11 PM
I like the part where they keep raising the debt ceiling. They say at this point each household owes $600k. Instead of payin up I think I will stiff them and buy another Marauder.Then declare bankruptcy.

LMAO! So crazy it just might work!

LIGHTNIN1
02-02-2010, 06:19 PM
If they are going to tax me to death ,hell I am going to get fired for a fun reason, Some kind of your fun harassment, spend all my money, run up the credit cards , go in to under cover .