PDA

View Full Version : I think I live in a Haunted House. Not kidding!

Motorhead350
01-27-2010, 10:50 PM
Three things have happened recently.

1. I was taking a shower (imagine that) and I thought I heard my girlfriend crying in the bathroom. I called her name.. nothing. I called it again... nothing. I opened my eyes and no one was there. I finally yelled her name and she came, but she was in another room. I asked if she was in the bathroom when I was washing my hair and she was not. The noise sounded like a girl about to cry, like a gasp. I heard two of them and after I made noise the gasps went away.

2. Today I went to bed at 9am for a nap. When I was almost asleep I heard two voices, both males. One sounded like he was in his 80s and the other in their 40s. Everytime I put my head up the voices went away, but when I out it down the voices were back. It sounded like the were in my living room, but I had my door closed. It also could have been my hallway for the exit, but no door shut or was opened. In my room you hear it.

3. Also today when I heard the voices I ignored them thinking I was simply tired or stressed again, but here is the really creepy part. I have a queen size bed and I felt the matress decended like someone walked over me to get outta bed. My bed is against a wall from the side. So if someone is sleeping to my right they have to walk over me to get out. The bed moved down by my feet like someone walked by and around me to get outta bed. I moved my legs around thinking the cat might have done it, but the cat doesn't weigh enough to put enough pressure to make the bed move down. I looked and nothing was there. The door was still shut too. When I woke up the cat was still locked in the room where I put him. I keep him in there because that's not the kind ***** I want on my face at 6am. :P

I told my dad about it and he has a few things to say. The bathroom transfers sound from the upstairs bathroom and three girls live above me, but this has never happened before... ever. I have been here four years. The men I thought I heard could have been construction works since someone is building a place 2 doors down, but they have been at it since summer and never came into my building for any reason. I know the sound of people outside and the voices sounded like they were in my building that was for sure. The bed he cannot explain. He said God was telling me to get up.

Some say a common sign of a ghost is when you feel cold air. I was in a hot shower the one time and under the covers the next. Still what about the bed? :confused: The cat has freaked out for no reason a lot lately. He'll sprint around the house for no reason. This just recently started happening.

I just played that old 70s song Haunted House on vinyl to let them know I'm not going anywhere. It's strange, but I just don't know what to do. Does anyone know anything about ghosts?

The building is 130 years old and I do not know anything about it's past really. The downstairs has always been a bar that is now shut down. It'd be cool to communicate with the ghosts if that's what they are. Let them know they are lucky to be dead and all that jazz.

I know it sounds strange, but if you have any advice let me know. I'm not losing my mind. My roommate had a fear of my place months before I did. I don't have a fear, but it's just a strange feeling.

offroadking208
01-27-2010, 11:07 PM
my house is the same way bro. its so old that we found part of an old log cabin in the foundation of the house when we expanded it out. right after we got done remodeling our dining room, my parents were both out of town and my sister was gone so i was sleeping in the 'rents bedroom when i was awakened by a weird feeling. like somebody's staring at you. so i woke up to this black shadow over my head. like somebody was leaning over watching me. my first thought was burglar, so i yelled at my dog (who is a rottweiler) and went to smack the dude in the side of the face with my elbow, while i rolled onto the floor.

The reason i rolled onto the floor was because my dad's M14 was under there from his patrol car. i keep rolling and come up in a crouch with the tac-light on the end of it shining out into the living room. i walk out into the living room with it and see my dog barking at the foot of the stairs in the dining room. he was 14, so he couldnt really walk well enough to get up them. so at this point i'm yelling at whoever it is to GTFO out of my house, then rack a round into the chamber of the M14 as loudly as i can and am answered by silence. so i have the option to call the police dept and look like an a$$ when theres nobody upstairs, or go look myself....

So i'm in the attic poking around with the M14 and find absolutely nothing. it was lovely. and in an unrelated story, my bedroom is no longer in the house. i have a "man cave" out in what used to be our detached garage. lol. theres a couple more stories, but none as notable as the night i almost demolished the newly hung drywall with .308 rounds :D

Blackened300a
01-27-2010, 11:43 PM
Some say a common sign of a ghost is when you feel cold air.

. Does anyone know anything about ghosts?

The building is 130 years old and I do not know anything about it's past really. The downstairs has always been a bar that is now shut down. It'd be cool to communicate with the ghosts if that's what they are. Let them know they are lucky to be dead and all that jazz.

I know it sounds strange, but if you have any advice let me know. I'm not losing my mind. My roommate had a fear of my place months before I did. I don't have a fear, but it's just a strange feeling.

You wouldn't feel cold air, just a eerie cold zone in the middle of the room or on your body. They say that's the ghost trying to manifest itself so it pulls the all the energy from the room.

130 yr old building would have a lot of history so it would have some activity along with old wiring. The wiring can cause a strong magnetic field which causes a uneasy feeling or nausea in some people. It can also make you think you heard things.

My Grandmother on my fathers side had a Uncle who adored her, She was in her early teens when he got sick one day and was in the hospital, that night my Grandmother laid in bed and woke up to see what looked like her uncle in a ghostly shadow. She got scared and pulled the blanket over her head, once she did that she felt this very cold feeling on the top of her head like icy fingers caressing her hair. It went away after a few seconds. The next morning they received a phone call that her Uncle passed away through the night. It was as if her Uncle came to say goodbye one last time.
The real odd part of the story is that they found leaves inside the house even though the windows and doors were closed and locked.

I do believe in ghosts and I am fascinated by the whole thing. I only had one experience, My grandmother past away when I was young and one night a few days after she past, It looked like her shadow was cast on the wall across from my bed just like she was standing next to it. It was her hair, her height and her build just standing next to the wall. The shadow was gone the next night and it ever reappeared.

CBT
01-28-2010, 04:45 AM
1. I opened my eyes and no one was there. I finally yelled her name and she came, but she was in another room. I asked if she was in the bathroom when I was washing my hair and she was not.

Dude, that is THE scariest thing I've ever read!!

J-MAN
01-28-2010, 06:38 AM
It could be one of your other personalities trying to escape! From your postings it appears that there are at least eight separate personalities from anal to psychotic. I think that your GF is sleeping with at least four.

Stranger in the Black Sedan
01-28-2010, 07:33 AM
Dude, that is THE scariest thing I've ever read!!

lol I need a tissue now I just snotted slightly from snickering so hard reading that

martyo
01-28-2010, 07:35 AM
lol I need a tissue now I just snotted slightly from snickering so hard reading that

Werd!!!!!!!!

Crown Vicman
01-28-2010, 07:43 AM
Were drugs or alcohol a factor? lol

Motorhead350
01-28-2010, 08:08 AM
Were drugs or alcohol a factor? lol

I have never touched the stuff.... ever.

She isn't sleeping with anyone else. If anything I am the one saying a monogamous relationship is stupid. :argue:

What to do what to do?

CBT
01-28-2010, 08:13 AM
I have never touched the stuff.... ever.

She isn't sleeping with anyone else. If anything I am the one saying a monogamous relationship is stupid. :argue:

What to do what to do?

There is a show called paranormal cops, you can call them. As a matter of fact, they are both retired Chicago cops, maybe they are close by.

Motorhead350
01-28-2010, 08:15 AM
There is a show called paranormal cops, you can call them. As a matter of fact, they are both retired Chicago cops, maybe they are close by.

I wonder if they actually do anything besides look around.

CBT
01-28-2010, 08:21 AM
I wonder if they actually do anything besides look around.

Yeah man, they set up cameras and recording stuff. Pretty neat, watched it last week.

Motorhead350
01-28-2010, 08:26 AM
Yeah man, they set up cameras and recording stuff. Pretty neat, watched it last week.

So this is how I'll be able to get my gf and I on video finally? ;)

I might have to look into that, seriously. Do they ever find anything? I didn't think a camera could capture images like what I am suggesting.

CBT
01-28-2010, 08:27 AM
So this is how I'll be able to get my gf and I on video finally? ;)

I might have to look into that, seriously. Do they ever find anything? I didn't think a camera could capture images like what I am suggesting.

Yeah, they do!

Motorhead350
01-28-2010, 08:38 AM
Yeah, they do!

Thats really interesting. I did noticed I am missing a Doo Wop 45 and my Iggy Pop record is gone too. Are ghosts known to take or move stuff? Records never leave my house once they go in, so they aren't at someone else's place. Strange. :confused:

Stranger in the Black Sedan
01-28-2010, 08:42 AM
^I stole them, converted them to CD and then smashed the originals

CBT
01-28-2010, 08:48 AM
Thats really interesting. I did noticed I am missing a Doo Wop 45 and my Iggy Pop record is gone too. Are ghosts known to take or move stuff? Records never leave my house once they go in, so they aren't at someone else's place. Strange. :confused:

Yeah, I saw a penny slide from the floor all the way up the side of a door before, no one was holding it....

Motorhead350
01-28-2010, 08:50 AM

Now I have to do something to you.

When I take my road trip, don't be surprised if your Marauder ends up missing. :P

Blackened300a
01-28-2010, 09:44 AM
Yeah, I saw a penny slide from the floor all the way up the side of a door before, no one was holding it....

Then you were told that it was for luck. :D

Motorhead350
01-28-2010, 09:46 AM

Then he closed the window. ;)

CBT
01-28-2010, 09:47 AM

And now when I'm sitting at my potters wheel making clay vases and pots, it feels like I'm getting a hug from behind.
"I-i-i-i--i-i-i NEEEeee-eeed your lo-OOOO-o-OOVE !!"

Motorhead350
01-28-2010, 09:50 AM
And now when I'm sitting at my potters wheel making clay vases and pots, it feels like I'm getting a hug from behind.

Ah yes The Righteous Brothers take on Unchained Melody. Produced by my buddy Phil Spector. I think that song dates back to 1953. Patrick has the lead role in Ghost 2 right?

CBT
01-28-2010, 09:57 AM
Ah yes The Righteous Brothers take on Unchained Melody. Produced by my buddy Phil Spector. I think that song dates back to 1953. Patrick has the lead role in Ghost 2 right?

There's a Ghost 2 coming out?!

-Matt-
01-28-2010, 10:12 AM
Rent paranormal activity, you will feel better

-Matt-
01-28-2010, 10:13 AM
It could be one of your other personalities trying to escape! From your postings it appears that there are at least eight separate personalities from anal to psychotic. I think that your GF is sleeping with at least four.

Full of win. Laughed my ass off

Haggis
01-28-2010, 10:16 AM

No it is just Justbob.

CBT
01-28-2010, 10:22 AM
No it is just Justbob.

Why that sneaky bastid! Always tryin' to put his peanut butter in my chocolate!!

Haggis
01-28-2010, 11:04 AM
Why that sneaky bastid! Always tryin' to put his peanut butter in my chocolate!!
I thought it was you trying to put your chocolate into his peanut butter?

Big Black Beast
01-28-2010, 02:02 PM
LOL! Why does every thread with you guys degenerate into "Brokeback Marauder".:rolleyes:

CBT
01-28-2010, 02:10 PM
LOL! Why does every thread with you guys degenerate into "Brokeback Marauder".:rolleyes:

I have no idea what you're talking about. Sailor.

Big Black Beast
01-28-2010, 02:15 PM
Three things have happened recently....*incredibly long & boring story removed*

There's no such thing as ghosts, or aliens (not the kind flying around in spaceships abducting people and anally probing them).

Now giant sewer Ratagators....are....real...

Motorhead350
01-28-2010, 02:18 PM
I believe in life on other planets. As far as how life was created, I am not sure and it doesn't concern me.

nomad
01-28-2010, 06:21 PM
I believe in life on other planets. As far as how life was created, I am not sure and it doesn't concern me.

I'm not too sure there's life on this planet.

CBT
01-28-2010, 06:34 PM

Every now and then I'm tempted to add a good quote to my quote list, this was great!

Phrog_gunner
01-28-2010, 06:40 PM
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j164/nancitaf/AttentionWhore.jpg

dohc324ci
01-28-2010, 07:56 PM
whoa spooky...

69428SCJ
01-28-2010, 08:12 PM
I'm part of a paranormal investigation group and we check out many reportings like this. I've also investigated some of the most reportedly haunted places in the country. Most of the time everything you mentioned can be explained like you have via rational explanations. As for the bed though, I got nothing. What I would recommend, and an easy way to see if you have anything, is to buy a digital voice recorder. Ask questions into it and sometimes you'll get electronic voice phenomenon aka evp. Also, since your house is rather old, the wiring in your house likely emits high levels of electromagnetic fields. EMF causes people to feel as though someone is watching you and general paranoia as previously mentioned. If you have any questions feel free to PM me and we can talk more about it.

Haggis
01-29-2010, 05:13 AM

In your case it was a test tube.

J/K

Big Black Beast
01-29-2010, 01:52 PM

Not intelligent life anyway.

Big Black Beast
01-29-2010, 01:54 PM
I'm part of a paranormal investigation group and we check out many reportings like this. I've also investigated some of the most reportedly haunted places in the country. Most of the time everything you mentioned can be explained like you have via rational explanations. As for the bed though, I got nothing. What I would recommend, and an easy way to see if you have anything, is to buy a digital voice recorder. Ask questions into it and sometimes you'll get electronic voice phenomenon aka evp. Also, since your house is rather old, the wiring in your house likely emits high levels of electromagnetic fields. EMF causes people to feel as though someone is watching you and general paranoia as previously mentioned. If you have any questions feel free to PM me and we can talk more about it.

Not sure if you should encourage this.:shake:

Motorhead350
01-29-2010, 04:04 PM
Two things have happened in the past 24 hours.

1. My girlfriend was sitting on my bed and I had a few papers on it. She moved all of the papers and said ALL of the papers. She left and came back. When she came back one of the papers was back where it was before. It was actually a set list of 50's songs. This I do not find interesting and I told her she probably forgot or just missed one paper.

2. Today when I came back my roommate asked me if I was in our hallway five minutes prior to me walking in. I said no. He said he heard footsteps in our hallway and he walked up to the door to let me in. He said it saw a shadow under the door since mine doesn't completely seal on the bottom. He said he went to open the door and no one was there. I told him it was probably someone going into the apt next door, but the shocker was this: He said he saw the shadow under the door and moving around until he opened it. The shadow didn't vanish until he opened the door.

Number 1 is nothing I am concerned about, but number 2.... hmmmmm. :confused:

CBT
01-29-2010, 04:09 PM
Run. Run now.

1. My girlfriend was sitting on my bed and I had a few papers on it. She moved all of the papers and said ALL of the papers. She left and came back. When she came back one of the papers was back where it was before. It was actually a set list of 50's songs. This I do not find interesting and I told her she probably forgot or just missed one paper.

2. Today when I came back my roommate asked me if I was in our hallway five minutes prior to me walking in. I said no. He said he heard footsteps in our hallway and he walked up to the door to let me in. He said it saw a shadow under the door since mine doesn't completely seal on the bottom. He said he went to open the door and no one was there. I told him it was probably someone going into the apt next door, but the shocker was this: He said he saw the shadow under the door and moving around until he opened it. The shadow didn't vanish until he opened the door.

LIGHTNIN1
01-29-2010, 04:34 PM
Could file a police report or contact Geraldo. Sounds like a case he would enjoy.

nomad
01-29-2010, 04:50 PM

Did you find any unexplainable coffee stains? Hear helicopters circling overhead?

nomad
01-29-2010, 04:52 PM
Every now and then I'm tempted to add a good quote to my quote list, this was great!
You have permission to use and/or abuse this in any manner you feel necessary.:beer:

69428SCJ
01-29-2010, 06:32 PM
Not sure if you should encourage this.:shake:

I'm more interested in hearing the "stories" :fishing:

Motorhead350
01-30-2010, 12:16 AM
Did you find any unexplainable coffee stains? Hear helicopters circling overhead?

No I haven't been to your house lately.

Leadfoot281
01-30-2010, 12:23 AM
I grew up in a haunted house.

I've seen Hot Wheels car shoot across the floor by themselves, seen faces looking out the windows of an empty house, lights going on by themselves, and heard foot steps while alone too. Seen a full body apparition there once too.

I've since rented the house out and both sets of renters have described similar incidents.

My mother experianced someone sitting on the corner of the bed exactly as you described. She's seen shadows move across the bed while she was making it.

My mom also works in a nursing home. Those places have more ghosts than residents. One of them was only seen before the passing of a resident. It was so reliable that if they seen it, they'd call the family and let them know things were getting bad.

I had a girlfriend that also worked in a nursing home. She described watching a soul leave a recently deceased person. The family was there and she kept them in the hallway and out of the room until it was over.

During my time in the Army I lived in an former Nazi barracks in Germany. We'd hear boots charging down the hall (on our freshly cleaned and waxed floor). We'd run into the hallway looking for an a$$ to kick and there'd be no one there.

I even had one follow me to a different apartment. I seemed to have lost that one after the last move though. I miss that one.

Not sure what else to say. Better learn to deal with it. I think they like you.

Ladyhawke
01-30-2010, 02:23 PM
GET OUT!!!!! GET OUT NOW!!!! Redrum.....redrum.

Drewstang
01-30-2010, 06:25 PM
The day my dad passed away, I woke up at 5:34 am. I was freezing cold and under the covers with my wife beside me, who never got cold. I didn't get to tell him goodbye when he passed just after 11:30am, but I think something was trying to give me a sign.

Motorhead350
02-01-2010, 10:42 AM
I think they like you.

That's cool. I pretty much hate the living and love the dead anyway.

Haggis
02-01-2010, 10:52 AM
That's cool. I pretty much hate the living and love the dead anyway.

The feeling is mutual.