PDA

View Full Version : Major transmission issues. Help

Motorhead350
02-05-2010, 07:53 PM
In reguard's to the K5 with the POS TH700R4 tranny.

Aamco has done a ton of work to the transmission and I now have to bring it back. It keeps having the same problem and I am wondering if I can do anything abut this myself.

The shifting will be fine for a day or two and then it will get too high. Right now it will not shift into second gear until 30mph. It used to shift at 15 (right where it should be) and it kept getting higher and higher and now it's back to 30. The other gears are delayed too. It's stuck in second gear up until 50mph. I play with the shifter and try manually shifting too, but no response.

This will be the third time I have had to take it back to the shop for the same problem. I called corporate offices and complained, but they said they wouldn't do anything. I keep burning the clutches too. I am not having stupid fun with this thing either, this is when I drive it like an old lady and it still gives me these issues.

I was told the cable is the issue last time I was at the shop and had them replace it. I would adjust it until I drove in to my garage tonight and noticed oil spots. What is this place doing wrong week by week?I have had enough. I want to take it to another Aamco and have the warranty work done, but I cannot do it with approval of the shop that did the work originally.

If I had the choice I would ask for the cost of the transmission back, they could keep the transmission and get a built turbo 400 for $800.

What can I do here? I just finished working some other problems out myself, but this transmission issue never ends. I keep taking it back for the same thing over and over... they never get it right. I'm really angry. What should I do? Or what is the issue that is causing this? :mad2:

tbone
02-05-2010, 10:30 PM
Call the Better Business Bureau. Call Aamco corporate. ***** and ***** and ***** some more until they fix it. Don't pay another penny.

DOOM
02-05-2010, 11:22 PM
buy a ford!!!

Motorhead350
02-05-2010, 11:47 PM
Call the Better Business Bureau. Call Aamco corporate. ***** and ***** and ***** some more until they fix it. Don't pay another penny.

I haven't paid anything except when I bought it new.

Jake I would really like ti put a Ford transmission in it if I could. If someone can put a Chevy tranny into a Mustang (seen it) I'm sure a Ford tranny could go into a Chevy with enough time and money.

J-MAN
02-06-2010, 06:19 AM
Problem d'jour.

scruff
02-06-2010, 09:29 PM
that repair shop cant fix a broken wheelchair take it somewhere else

Big Black Beast
02-06-2010, 09:34 PM
Aamco sucks.
Stop throwing them money.

Big Black Beast
02-06-2010, 09:35 PM