PDA

View Full Version : It happens in threes.

CBT
02-09-2010, 05:51 AM
They say celebrities always die in threes, what about politicians? First Kennedy, now Murtha. Who's next, any guesses?

(CNN) -- Rep. John Murtha of Pennsylvania, a longtime fixture on the House subcommittee that oversees Pentagon spending, died after complications from gallbladder surgery, according to his office. He was 77.
The Democratic congressman recently underwent scheduled laparoscopic surgery at National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland, to remove his gallbladder. The procedure was "routine minimally invasive surgery," but doctors "hit his intestines," a source close to the late congressman told CNN.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, a longtime ally of Murtha's, said in a statement that he always put "the troops and their families first."

LIGHTNIN1
02-09-2010, 06:06 AM
You would think a guy that is 77 yrs. old would have had enough of it to go do something else in life. I know I will have had enough of it BEFORE then. Go take up a hobby.

CBT
02-09-2010, 06:54 AM
Murtha made too much money for him self and his family to get out of politics.

tbone
02-09-2010, 08:38 AM
I know who it SHOULD be......

Hotrauder
02-09-2010, 12:07 PM
Murtha's family has my sympathies but the man as a man was a waste of good skin. Crooked and corrupt he should have been thrown out years ago. I suggest Gall Bladder removal for all the others than deserve to retire or find honest work in the private sector. Next November will be a great time to recycle congress, all the house and one third of those who most deserve it in the senate of both parties. Hell this is our country and we desperately need to reclaim it, now. Dennis

LIGHTNIN1
02-09-2010, 02:26 PM
If I had the same physician he did I would be in the market for a new one. I've never heard of anyone dying from gall bladder surgery. Always heard it was successful. Sounds a little sloppy. Some people in Congress would be better just to draw their check and keep their mouth shut.

BobC
02-09-2010, 02:51 PM
If I had the same physician he did I would be in the market for a new one. I've never heard of anyone dying from gall bladder surgery. Always heard it was successful. Sounds a little sloppy. Some people in Congress would be better just to draw their check and keep their mouth shut.

Might have been a Republican MD.

Paul T. Casey
02-09-2010, 03:09 PM
Murtha's family has my sympathies but the man as a man was a waste of good skin. Crooked and corrupt he should have been thrown out years ago. I suggest Gall Bladder removal for all the others than deserve to retire or find honest work in the private sector. Next November will be a great time to recycle congress, all the house and one third of those who most deserve it in the senate of both parties. Hell this is our country and we desperately need to reclaim it, now. Dennis

You and I both know that all the Sheeple will go and pull their prefered party levers. :shake:

CBT
02-09-2010, 07:31 PM
I do not wish death upon anyone, but some of these guys have been in office since 13 of the states were colonies. Time to go.

Phrog_gunner
02-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Byrd is probably next in line. He's been in the Senate since like 59.

LIGHTNIN1
02-10-2010, 09:44 AM
Those congressional seats are almost like seats on the stock exchange, bought and sold. I don't know what you can do when people vote these people in but being in there for 40 or 50 years needs to come to a halt.

BobC
02-10-2010, 01:56 PM

I'll take any and all bets that 90% of incumbents will be back after November. Sheeple, indeed.

CBT
02-10-2010, 01:59 PM
I'll take any and all bets that 90% of incumbents will be back after November. Sheeple, indeed.

20 dollars (U.S. legal tender type) says you're wrong:beer:

Mr. Man
02-10-2010, 07:57 PM
Well CBT it seems you've killed former Sen. Charlie Wilson now you have your three so I banish you back whence you came:D

BobC
02-10-2010, 08:07 PM
20 dollars (U.S. legal tender type) says you're wrong:beer:

You're on. :banana:

guspech750
02-10-2010, 08:10 PM
I sat screw three. How about all of Washington just drop dead. Nothing but crooks and rapists....for our money to give...........Ugggggggg!!

Hotrauder
02-11-2010, 10:51 AM
Lawrence Livermore Laboratories has discovered the heaviest element yet known to science.

The new element, Governmentium (Gv), has one neutron, 25 assistant neutrons, 88 deputy neutrons, and 198 assistant deputy neutrons, giving it an atomic mass of 312.

These 312 particles are held together by forces called morons, which are surrounded by vast quantities of lepton-like particles called peons.

Since Governmentium has no electrons, it is inert; however, it can be detected, because it impedes every reaction with which it comes into contact. A tiny amount of Governmentium can cause a reaction that would normally take less than a second, to take from four days to four years to complete.

Governmentium has a normal half-life of 2- 6 years; It does not decay, but instead undergoes a reorganization in which a portion of the assistant neutrons and deputy neutrons exchange places.

In fact, Governmentium's mass will actually increase over time, since each reorganization will cause more morons to become neutrons, forming isodopes.

This characteristic of moron promotion leads some scientists to believe that Governmentium is formed whenever morons reach a critical concentration. This hypothetical quantity is referred to as critical morass.

When catalysed with money, Governmentium becomes Administratium, an element that radiates just as much energy as Governmentium since it has half as many peons but twice as many morons.

We should be outraged enough by now to understand that both parties are in the tank of huge expensive government intruding in our lives in ways never imagined by the founding fathers. Only we the people can fix this mess. We have the tools as provided by the founders, the ballot box. The house terms are 2 years, senate 6, One third each 2 years. Time to call a halt to lifetime "public service" and recycle congress one election at a time. It is a lot quicker and a lot more effective than term limits. We get what we deserve and until we wake up we will continue to get IT in spades:mad2:. Dennis

CBT
02-11-2010, 11:03 AM
LMAO! Good one!

Big Black Beast
02-11-2010, 02:26 PM
Lawrence Livermore Laboratories has discovered the heaviest element yet known to science.

The new element, Governmentium...

And both sides will do everything to make sure things stay the same, because it insures their survival (and power).

LIGHTNIN1
02-11-2010, 02:36 PM
Well they are off this week due to weather and were off next week anyway so hopefully they won't harm us much during that time. It is kind of like your parents being gone.:D

dakslim
02-11-2010, 03:15 PM
They say celebrities always die in threes, what about politicians? First Kennedy, now Murtha. Who's next, any guesses?

(CNN) -- Rep. John Murtha of Pennsylvania, a longtime fixture on the House subcommittee that oversees Pentagon spending, died after complications from gallbladder surgery, according to his office. He was 77.
The Democratic congressman recently underwent scheduled laparoscopic surgery at National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland, to remove his gallbladder. The procedure was "routine minimally invasive surgery," but doctors "hit his intestines," a source close to the late congressman told CNN.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, a longtime ally of Murtha's, said in a statement that he always put "the troops and their families first."

It is said "Once a Marine, always a Marine" but in his case, he was an EX-Marine! Before the Haditha Marines were even charged, Murtha said they were all guilty and should be locked up. The "King of Pork" is dead...long live the "King of Pork"!

Phrog_gunner
02-11-2010, 03:17 PM
It is said "Once a Marine, always a Marine" but in his case, he was an EX-Marine! Before the Haditha Marines were even charged, Murtha said they were all guilty and should be locked up. The "King of Pork" is dead...long live the "King of Pork"!

Couldn't have happened to a better guy.