PDA

View Full Version : Camel Burgers!

CBT
02-09-2010, 11:37 AM
(CNN) -- A new fast food sensation has hit the Emirates' culinary scene.
Right now, Dubai diners can't seem to get enough of the "camel burger."
"It's a sensation," Ramesh, restaurant manager at "Local House (http://www.localhousedubai.com/index.html)" the restaurant chain behind the burgers told CNN. "Everyone's bored of beef and chicken. So, as soon as the word got out, we had queues of customers eager to give it a try."
Not only are the exotic burgers a novelty, they are also a healthier alternative to their beefy American cousins, the restaurant claims. The $6 "camel quarter-pounder" is virtually fat and cholesterol-free, according to Ramesh.
"Not only are they super healthy, but the flavor is amazing," he told CNN of the centuries-old Bedouin delicacy they have given a 21st century twist.

"It also comes with melted cheddar cheese, our very own burger sauce and a portion of fries," Ramesh said.
The restaurant's novel burgers have so far been a runaway success with inquisitive tourists and local Emirates alike.
"Many have said they prefer it to normal burgers, and a lot of people can hardly taste the difference," Ramesh told CNN.
Although camel meat is similar to beef in taste, it has a reputation for being extraordinarily tough. How the "Local House" transforms it into a soft and tender patty remains a closely guarded secret.

For the full camel experience, patrons are invited to wash their order down with a vitamin and insulin-rich vanilla-flavored camel milkshake. In fact, so popular are their camel products that the restaurant has plans to open a new section -- provisionally called the "Camel Corner."
"We'll sell camel soup, camel salad, camel steak, camel kebab, camel biryani [a rice-based curry dish] and a 'camel special,'" (<---The Toe?!)Ramesh told CNN.
Camel meat has, for centuries, been a feature of traditional nomad recipes as a result of its ability to survive in the very arid conditions of the Arabian Peninsula.

Hotrauder
02-09-2010, 12:14 PM
How about the special of the day...Camel IED Stew.:mad2:

Big Black Beast
02-09-2010, 01:55 PM
Do they have deep fried camel toes?:rolleyes:

LIGHTNIN1
02-09-2010, 02:16 PM
Man, CBT, where do you come up with all this info? I'm game for a camel burger. The Dubai Waffle House will probably be serving Camel sausage.:pancake:

Mr. Man
02-09-2010, 03:00 PM
I'd try one. Wonder if you order it as one hump(single) or two hump(double). Goat cheese and scorpion bacon, BBQ sauce, lettuce, tomato, onion and a pickle...damn now I'm hungry be back after I get a snack

Pat
02-09-2010, 04:10 PM
Mr. Man;
Your always hungry.

Speaking of Mid East Food, I ate at a Lebanese place today and had Kibbi, stuffed grape leaves, stuffed bell pepper and stuffed squash all swimming in a spicy tomato butter sauce. Came with a fetta cheese w/greens salad and garlic dip with fresh baked flat bread and a dollop of Hummis.

Hum hum good.

What's the old saying about a camel? A horse put together by committee.

DOOM
02-09-2010, 04:16 PM
Can i get that with a side of camel toe? :cool4:

W4LTD
02-09-2010, 05:08 PM
Can i get that with a side of camel toe? :cool4:

What's camel tow? Does it taste like chicken? ;)

Mr. Man
02-09-2010, 08:03 PM
Mr. Man;
Your always hungry.

Speaking of Mid East Food, I ate at a Lebanese place today and had Kibbi, stuffed grape leaves, stuffed bell pepper and stuffed squash all swimming in a spicy tomato butter sauce. Came with a fetta cheese w/greens salad and garlic dip with fresh baked flat bread and a dollop of Hummis.

Hum hum good.

What's the old saying about a camel? A horse put together by committee.

That sounds like it would work better than the Super Colon Blow cereal I eat in the morning. Hope you have a stock of TP in the house. :beer:

Post if your still alive Wed Pat;)

Vortex
02-09-2010, 09:34 PM
When I was in Mogadishu back in the late 80's the ambassador at the time had a newcomers dinner where one of the things served was a stew made with camel meat. I remember it being pretty tasty. :)

guspech750
02-10-2010, 08:31 PM
MMMMMMMM...MMMMMMMM...Good
Who wants some camel toe? Ill share.
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/coreycameltoe/cameltoe.jpg

Enforcer
02-11-2010, 02:01 AM
What's camel tow? Does it taste like chicken? ;)

No, et tastes like Flishhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Haddock,_Boston_Aquarium. JPG! :D