PDA

View Full Version : My wacky wipers story.... kind of interesting

Egon Spengler
02-09-2010, 06:36 PM
I had the wacky wiper issue so I bought the new motor and pigtail as suggested. I took everything apart and noticed that my new motor came with a stud and a nut at the end of the motor instead of a torques screw. So we put the new wiper motor in place and decided to test it before we put it back together and wouldn't you know it, the wiper arm hit the top of the stud and would cause the wiper arm to pop off. We took the wiper arm off and ground down the area of the wiper arm where the stud was hitting and then everything was fine and we put everything fully back together. On the way home my dad told me to try the washer spray. So I tried the washer spray and it did the 3 swipes across the windshield and then 2 seconds later did a fourth swipe on its own! I started getting aggravated thinking that the wacky wipers were still around and then my dad says calm down, do it again. so it did the 3 swipes and then the added swipe and my dad said that his 2007 Ford Focus does the same thing. The new wiper motor is programmed to go one extra swipe! Does anyone else have this wiper motor? When I called the dealership and gave them the part numbers, they said that the part number had been changed so I guess it had been changed to a newer motor. I thought it was pretty funny... Aggravating at first with the arm popping of and the fourth swipe, but funny in the end, because the problem is gone! JUST IN TIME FOR A SNOW STORM! haha

ImpalaSlayer
02-09-2010, 06:44 PM
I had the wacky wiper issue so I bought the new motor and pigtail as suggested. I took everything apart and noticed that my new motor came with a stud and a nut at the end of the motor instead of a torques screw. So we put the new wiper motor in place and decided to test it before we put it back together and wouldn't you know it, the wiper arm hit the top of the stud and would cause the wiper arm to pop off. We took the wiper arm off and ground down the area of the wiper arm where the stud was hitting and then everything was fine and we put everything fully back together. On the way home my dad told me to try the washer spray. So I tried the washer spray and it did the 3 swipes across the windshield and then 2 seconds later did a fourth swipe on its own! I started getting aggravated thinking that the wacky wipers were still around and then my dad says calm down, do it again. so it did the 3 swipes and then the added swipe and my dad said that his 2007 Ford Focus does the same thing. The new wiper motor is programmed to go one extra swipe! Does anyone else have this wiper motor? When I called the dealership and gave them the part numbers, they said that the part number had been changed so I guess it had been changed to a newer motor. I thought it was pretty funny... Aggravating at first with the arm popping of and the fourth swipe, but funny in the end, because the problem is gone! JUST IN TIME FOR A SNOW STORM! haha

that is actually very cool cause if you are sitting at a light and hit the washer it will wipe it 3 then usually stop. well a few seconds later the fluid that was "swooshed" to the upper part of the windshield will drip down. so the delay for the 4th swipe is for what comes back down. VERY COOL!

Egon Spengler
02-09-2010, 06:46 PM
My wipers do good the first 3 times so the wipers kind of drag across the windshield the 4th time, so I am not really a fan... My dad said he likes the feature for the same reason you do... 3 is fine for my car... I drive too fast to have the fluid run back down haha

that is actually very cool cause if you are sitting at a light and hit the washer it will wipe it 3 then usually stop. well a few seconds later the fluid that was "swooshed" to the upper part of the windshield will drip down. so the delay for the 4th swipe is for what comes back down. VERY COOL!

ImpalaSlayer
02-09-2010, 06:47 PM
My wipers do good the first 3 times so the wipers kind of drag across the windshield the 4th time, so I am not really a fan... My dad said he likes the feature for the same reason you do... 3 is fine for my car... I drive too fast to have the fluid run back down haha

cant say i remember it on my mm but the bronco is pretty bad.