PDA

View Full Version : This guy HAS to be joking around....

bob6364
02-09-2010, 11:08 PM
http://newlondon.craigslist.org/cto/1592277481.html
http://images.craigslist.org/3n43k03p75Te5P45R0a2874a0fbc43 32712e8.jpg
1999 f250 ford super duty diesel super cab short bed for sale. It has the 7.3 turbo diesel with the 6 speed manual and fore wheel drive. It comes with a snow way plow. It runes great new batteries and starter the clutch has been replaced. It has the tow paged with the trailer break controller. The tiers are studded snow and are lick new. I like to get $ 7.500 call Dave 860-383-9481

bawazir
02-09-2010, 11:24 PM
that is a very good deal for a turbo diesel, lets hope is not a scam

Paul T. Casey
02-10-2010, 06:04 AM
1999 f250 ford super duty diesel super cab short bed for sale. It has the 7.3 turbo diesel with the 6 speed manual and fore wheel drive. It comes with a snow way plow. It runes great new batteries and starter the clutch has been replaced. It has the tow paged with the trailer break controller. The tiers are studded snow and are lick new. I like to get $ 7.500 call Dave 860-383-9481

What I see.

Fore wheel drive, would that be the same as Front (fore) wheek drive?
Snow way plow?
Great runes? (Little good luck charms).
Paging Mr. TOW.
Hope my trailer don't break, better get that break controller.
Multi-level truck with tiers.
I'll leave lick new to CBT.

WESTTXPATRIOT
02-10-2010, 06:08 AM
reading that hurt my brain

CBT
02-10-2010, 06:57 AM
What I see.

Fore wheel drive, would that be the same as Front (fore) wheek drive?
Snow way plow?
Great runes? (Little good luck charms).
Paging Mr. TOW.
Hope my trailer don't break, better get that break controller.
Multi-level truck with tiers.
I'll leave lick new to CBT.

I was too tired to mess with it last night, lol.

Got_1
02-10-2010, 07:50 AM
that is a very good deal for a turbo diesel, lets hope is not a scam

haha
its funny because you don't understand....

-Matt-
02-10-2010, 08:45 AM
due to the many misspellings it seems like a possible scam

CBT
02-10-2010, 08:47 AM
http://newlondon.craigslist.org/cto/1592277481.html

Do they actually have more than one?

Pops
02-10-2010, 09:00 AM
Do they actually have more than one?

Odds are it has two.:)

CBT
02-10-2010, 09:02 AM
Odds are it has two.:)

Because it's a deisel?

Pops
02-10-2010, 09:04 AM
Yes! !!!!!!!!!

CBT
02-10-2010, 09:12 AM
Yes! !!!!!!!!!

Well then I have learned something today. So all these little deisel Jettas have 2 batteries?

dakslim
02-10-2010, 09:15 AM
Well then I have learned something today. So all these little deisel Jettas have 2 batteries?

Diesel...there, fixed it for ya.;)

CBT
02-10-2010, 09:21 AM
Diesel...there, fixed it for ya.;)

I never could figure out that "i before e except when whatever" thing:rolleyes:

W4LTD
02-10-2010, 09:22 AM

Usually not the cars, more often the trucks with diesels have 2 batteries.

It has 2 batteries, - because one battery can not provide enough cranking amps to start the engine (dependably)! The batteries are connected in "parallel", - which means that you still have the 12 volts the same as everybody else! I might add, - if you need to replace these batteries (one or both), - get the highest "amp output" battery that can possibly be mounted in the provided place! You need all the amps possible when the temperature "really gets down there!"

Another warning here, - do not try to continue to start engine when batterys are very low, - you can burn out the starter, as it actually draws more amps cranking "slow" with reduced voltage, - than cranking fast with proper voltage! This is a $250 to $500 "mistake"!!

Be aware though that the "cheap jumper cables" you buy everywhere are about useless to actually "jump start the truck! They are capable of carryng 10 to 30 amps usually!, - Your truck probably requires around 450-500 amps on a "nice warm day", - maybe 750 amps on a "cold day",- when the temperature is well below "0"! So you can leave jumpers hooked up with another vehicle running, and "warm up the batterys", and charge them some (if possible), - but the cables will quickly start to "smoke" when you start cranking! You have really fat insulation, but thin wires! Maybe 8 gauge (on most cables)! So if you want to be prepared for really "Jump starting" your truck, - you are going to have to go to somewhere that sells the jumper cables that the "big truck drivers use"! These cables have "00" gauge wire or bigger, -- (1/2" dia wire,-- or bigger, - as compared to maybe 3/16" wire). These will probably cost you in excess of $50, so you will want to store them carefully and take care of them! You don't want to be buying them often!

Note: actually one battery will not dishaarge into the other - unless the second batery is not good anymore! The bigger battery will provide somewhat more amps while cranking, but if the "450 amp battery" - is capable fo putting out 450 amps yet, -- and the "new 550 amp battery" is fully charged, -- they will still put out 12 volts, and the amperage required to crank the starter will still remain the same!

Technically the starter will draw a little more amperage out of the "bigger battery". The "Cranking time" will still be longer than two of the same sized (good) batteries would be!! When the charging system brings the back up to full charge, the larger battery will charge slightly longer (or faster) than the smaller one! However they will both charge to proper levels, and then "taper off" to low "maintainance rate" from there on!

Or simply put you will not have any problems! The only thing you have to worry about is putting in batteries too small to do the job,- in which case they will go "down" very rapidly! A smaller battery againast a bigger battery decreases cranking time!

CBT
02-10-2010, 09:29 AM
Whoa, that was a lot o typing. :beer: That guy must be hurting for money if he is selling it that cheap at the one time of the year he can actually put that plow to use.

dakslim
02-10-2010, 09:30 AM
I never could figure out that "i before e except when whatever" thing:rolleyes:

I hear ya...I always had trouble with the "dangling participle" myself.:eek:

LIGHTNIN1
02-10-2010, 09:33 AM
Didn't say whether he had a clear title. It would be something I would want to check on that one.

CBT
02-10-2010, 09:35 AM
I hear ya...I always had trouble with the "dangling participle" myself.:eek:

I pissed of my English Professor last night, she used 'to' when it was supposed to be 'two' in a sentence she wrote on the dry erase board. She was waaaaaaaaay ticked off that I caught it. Masters Degree Shmasters Degree.....

knine
02-10-2010, 09:40 AM
Masters Degree Shmasters Degree.....
Which one are you going for again?

W4LTD
02-10-2010, 09:41 AM
Whoa, that was a lot o typing. :beer: That guy must be hurting for money if he is selling it that cheap at the one time of the year he can actually put that plow to use.

LOL, it was all cut/paste - no biggie... ;)

In the photo, the top of the bed almost looks crushed on all sides. Maybe this is also a factor in the relatively low price...

http://images.craigslist.org/3nf3k33l05O65P05S7a287fc0dccb7 542113c.jpg

CBT
02-10-2010, 09:45 AM
Which one are you going for again?

Bachelors degree in Business Admin/Management for now. When I go for my Masters it may change, but that's a few years away.

CBT
02-10-2010, 09:46 AM
LOL, it was all cut/paste - no biggie... ;)

In the photo, the top of the bed almost looks crushed on all sides. Maybe this is also a factor in the relatively low price...

Maaaaaaaaan, I actually felt guilty you typed all that just for me!! :lol:

bob6364
02-10-2010, 10:06 AM
haha

hehe.....I actually hung my head and smirked when I read that:rolleyes:.....

bob6364
02-10-2010, 10:08 AM
oh btw...thanks to whoever corrected the title of the post....but I actually misspelled it on purpose...but then I misspelled the misspell so thanks :D .....

ImpalaSlayer
02-10-2010, 10:18 AM
haha

:rofl: :laugh:

LSp8
02-10-2010, 02:14 PM
Usually the people who jack up there craigslist adds are foreigners from place all over the world that run scams. However, they usually don't leave a phone number or email address. This one takes the cake for the most jacked up message. I think I got a headache trying to decode the *****. This seller is definitely not the coldest beer in the fridge.