PDA

View Full Version : Lindas Hockey Tournament

Pops
02-13-2010, 05:14 PM
We are in Windsor,Canada for this one. The girls have one the first two games with shutouts of 3-0 and 4-0! They are playing awesome for this one guys! We have a game in the morning but are already guaranted a spot in the finals!:D We still need to win this next game to be well prepared for the last game. 10 girls and me! They are working my rear off!;)

CBT
02-13-2010, 05:36 PM
Hey that's awesome:beer: Throw some pics up on here.

ntd
02-13-2010, 05:37 PM
good for them

Pops
02-13-2010, 07:34 PM
No at this to take pictures as Hack went to Florida!

Bigdogjim
02-13-2010, 11:23 PM
Congrats on the winning:up: Keep up the good work!

martyo
02-14-2010, 04:54 AM
Neatoooooooo!!!!!!

chapel1
02-14-2010, 08:18 AM
Good Luck to Linda and her team:trophy1: Happy Valentines Day

dakslim
02-14-2010, 08:28 AM
I envy you Pops...both my daughter, Kelly and son, Mike played hockey (still do but not competitively) and I lived at rinks in CT., NY, and MA. I loved it and miss it terribly.:( Good luck to Linda and the team.:banana2:

1stMerc
02-14-2010, 09:22 AM
No at this to take pictures as Hack went to Florida!

You got a camera phone don't cha. Better to have pics from that than none at all. :D

But, seriouly good luck to Linda and the team.

Pops
02-15-2010, 07:30 AM
Heres the results guys! The third game was a 6-0 blowout. The Championship game was 4-1 in the favor of the Holland Storm!;) They won the whole thing. The goalie was mad about the one goal scored over a penallty we received. It was a great time and they played well. The director of the tournament says we move up to the next level next year!:D

MM03MOK
02-15-2010, 08:42 AM
:woohoo: :nworthy::trophy:HOLLAND STORM!! :trophy::nworthy: :woohoo:

Bigdogjim
02-15-2010, 08:43 AM
Congrats to Linda and the Team!!! :up:

Paul T. Casey
02-15-2010, 09:07 AM
Awesome!! Sounds like a good old fashioned beat down.

Pops
02-15-2010, 09:12 AM
Paul it was a beatdown! I had the girls slow down the scoring. They did not like that! I could not see running up the score when you already have plenty to win with. It was time to start setting up plays!

chapel1
02-15-2010, 10:55 AM
Way to go STORM..:trophy1::trophy1::trop hy1: Congrats to Linda and John.:trophy1::trophy1::trophy 1::trophy1:

Pops
02-15-2010, 11:05 AM
It was all the great coaching they had this weekend! Glad they are not on this site to read this as I would be running from women with BIG sticks!;)

CRUZTAKER
02-15-2010, 02:28 PM
Very good to hear that they have been successfull...particularly against a Canadian team.

Gage got his first taste of a tournament this past Friday Saturday, and Sunday.

His team made short work of the first three teams and ended up walking into the finals on points alone. They had 10 points over the second seed, the team they crushed in the first round.

Unfortunately, he, and his team mates learned two lessons last night.
One, it sucks to lose to a team that they were unbeaten against over the entire season.
Two...the next time the kids notice that the other teams goalie is not the same one they faced in game one, but wearing the same (name/number) jersey as the first one had...and two other kids that had jerseys with numbers, but no names and were unfamiliar...were ALL snuck in from a higher level at the last minute.... tell the coach during the game, not after.

They were creamed 3-7 and Gage was shut down to one goal over 3 periods by the oddly large new kid number 96. BTW: During the trophie announcement, that #96 was called by another number, and a name not on the first roster. Also, oddly, two players called were missing.

We verified these changes today by zooming in on player images taken during both games. Everyone is pissed, but we can't do much now after the fact.

Gage got his first PIM. Two minutes for a blatent hook. His 5 year old buddy got one shortly there after for a nasty boarding call. This doesn't happen very often in this level of play as they are not allowed but incedental contact. In fact, it was the first time in the history of this mite level two players were put in the box in one season...little alone in one game! The team was losing so bad, and knew something was up with the new players...instead of telling anyone during the game...they resorted to old school hockey...like we do on our pond during practice.

THEY LITTERALLY BEAT THESE GUYS DOWN!

My heart was warm...proud dad!:lol:

Pops
02-15-2010, 02:33 PM
Seen all this before Barry! Tell Gage to keep his head up and smile. Sounds like did pretty good to me. Thanks for the comments!