PDA

View Full Version : First 1/4 mile times for me, Stage 1

darebren
11-08-2003, 11:54 AM
Well, I felt like a little kid at the race track. My stomach had that wierd feeling, and I was praying nothing would blow up, and that since it was my first time ever racing, I was also praying I did not make a fool of myself.

I watched a few folks stage and run, and then thought i knew enough what to do..I mean it's not too hard, and I watch alot of drag racing on TV.

My first run, I did what I thought was an awsome burnout, I could hear the staging guys saying "hey, is that one of those Marauders?", man it looks pretty cool, etc... that got my blood pumping even more, wanted to make a good show.

My first run, I was matched up with a guy I had been talking to all morning, he was running a 2003 mustang GT with S/C and alot of go fast goodies. I was not the best at staging and then launching, so needless to say he smoked me at first, but then his engine basically blew up, smoke everywhere 3/4 the way down...I passed him at the end.

Second run, I was better, but my third run, posted below was my best.

I thought I would have more time to get staged, and get the rpm's where I wanted them and then go, but it all seems to happen so fast, I was pretty happy with what I got.

I was on the right side, on the left was a new N/A Trans-am WS6 with a ton of edelbrock goodies under the hood.

Let me know how it stacks up to the other runs we've seen so far posted here.

Mikeenh
11-08-2003, 12:49 PM
Nice job darebren......you look like a pro :up: :banana2:

sailsmen
11-08-2003, 02:22 PM
Good Time!

I had my first run in the MM on Wednessday, look in Garage under Test & Tune.

My best run was no power brake @14.554.

My 60' time was 2.172. Your 60' time indicates wheel spin when compared to mine. Either reduce your RPM's at Launch or eliminate power braking altogether.

Out of 4 runs my best was w/out power braking.

What was the approxmate temp and humidity?

kurly
11-08-2003, 10:41 PM
GREAT RUNS !

You all will be in the 13's before you know it!