PDA

View Full Version : Almond Milk?

guspech750
02-14-2010, 09:04 PM
So I came across Almond Milk in a magazine add......and it was not a gay/lesbian magazine. I thought I would go out on a wim and buy the vanilla flavored almond milk. Holy Sh**!! It is very very good. I have no porblems being lactose intolerant or anything like that. But if you are and are not, I highly recommend picking up one and trying it.

http://goldencarla.typepad.com/.a/6a00e54f00aa498834011571c1ff13 970b-320wi

Phrog_gunner
02-14-2010, 09:11 PM
I'm suprised you didn't know you could milk anything with nipples.

-Matt-
02-14-2010, 09:15 PM
http://listentoleon.net/wp/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/grey-cat-milk-face.jpeg

Blk Mamba
02-14-2010, 09:22 PM
How much is a half gallon?

guspech750
02-14-2010, 10:01 PM
I think it was less than $2.50 with tax.

fastblackmerc
02-14-2010, 11:30 PM
I drink it all the time. Also try soy milk.

massacre
02-14-2010, 11:39 PM

A half gallon is 64oz.
Also this would suck if you were lactose intolerant and also had a nut allergy(I have neither).

fastblackmerc
02-15-2010, 07:17 AM
A half gallon is 64oz.
Also this would suck if you were lactose intolerant and also had a nut allergy(I have neither).

Nut allergy yes.... lactose intolerant no......

Almond milk is a milky drink made from ground almonds. Unlike animal milk, almond milk contains no cholesterol or lactose. It can be used as a substitute for animal milk in many recipes, and is also completely vegan. Commercial almond milk products such as brand Almond Breeze, come in plain, vanilla, or chocolate flavors. They are often enriched with vitamins. It can also be made at home by combining ground almonds with water in a blender. Vanilla flavoring and sweeteners are often added. However, users should be cautious not to use bitter almonds, since the combination of bitter almonds and water releases cyanide."

"Soy milk (also called soya milk, soymilk, soybean milk, or soy juice) and sometimes referred to as soy drink/beverage is a beverage made from soybeans. A stable emulsion of oil, water, and protein, it is produced by soaking dry soybeans and grinding them with water. Soy milk contains about the same proportion of protein as cow's milk: around 3.5%; also 2% fat, 2.9% carbohydrate, and 0.5% ash. Soy milk can be made at home with traditional kitchen tools or with a soy milk machine."

MM03MOK
02-15-2010, 07:46 AM
This caught my eye in an ad recently but I haven't looked for it on the store shelves. I looked at their website for more details. Watch out for the sweetened versions: 15 g of evaporated cane sugar in the sweetened vanilla (doubles the calories, over 3 teaspons of sugar per serving) and 20 g in sweetened chocolate (triples the calories, over 4 teaspons of sugar per serving) in 8 oz. servings.

http://store.bluediamond.com/Almond-Breeze_c_4.html

Zack
02-15-2010, 07:48 AM
You should try the Almond Butter they sell as a healthy alternative to regular peanut butter.
Its incredible!

MM03MOK
02-15-2010, 07:56 AM
You should try the Almond Butter they sell as a healthy alternative to regular peanut butter.
Its incredible!
I have some on oatnut toast every morning.

Zack
02-15-2010, 08:34 AM
I have some on oatnut toast every morning.

It is soooo good aint it!

Its funny watching the dogs eat is vs. regular Peanut Butter, lol.

We buy ours from Costco.

Blk Mamba
02-15-2010, 09:37 AM
there is a product that is on store shelves at holiday time, called "Halva" it's a sesame seed butter, made like a candy bar, there are many varieties.

guspech750
02-15-2010, 06:21 PM
Its incredible!
I did see the Almond Butter. That is next on my list of items to try.

Phrog_gunner
02-15-2010, 07:05 PM
For not too expensive you can buy your own grinder, and then you can make butter from just about any kind of nut. Cashew butter is great also.

Shora
02-15-2010, 10:05 PM
Need to try that Almond milk. Great thread.

Its incredible!

Never even heard of it. But, I can't wait to try it.

there is a product that is on store shelves at holiday time, called "Halva" it's a sesame seed butter, made like a candy bar, there are many varieties.

I love Halva. Very popular in the mediterrian and at my house year around.