PDA

View Full Version : next up screaming babies

Mr. Man
02-18-2010, 11:10 PM
Saw this article and thought it might generate interest with those who fly. http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/02/18/smelly.passenger/index.html?eref=igoogle_cnn

What are some of your flying horror stories?

Blk Mamba
02-19-2010, 12:04 AM
I worked for Boeing Air Craft for 7 years, I never fly.

Haggis
02-19-2010, 04:39 AM
I thought Dom was going to California?

Phrog_gunner
02-19-2010, 04:51 AM
I thought Dom was going to California?

POW!!!! lol

SC Cheesehead
02-19-2010, 06:20 AM
Saw this article and thought it might generate interest with those who fly. http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/02/18/smelly.passenger/index.html?eref=igoogle_cnn

How long you got, and where you want me to start? :rolleyes: -----> ;)

Bluerauder
02-19-2010, 07:06 AM
1985 coming back from a 10-day TDY to Germany on Pan Am. A friend wanted to bring home some German wine and bought 10 bottles. Since he didn't want to pack it in his luggage, he bought a soft-side cooler with a carrying strap. This was long before the restrictions on carry on liquids.

Going through the Frankfurt am Main airport, he loaded up all his luggage and carry on stuff on one of those pushcarts for convenience. In theory, those carts are supposed to be able to go up the escalators. I advised against it. At the top of the escalator, the cart snagged and he had to overturn the cart to prevent getting crushed. You guessd it .... the cooler bag was on top. Even though each bottle had been carefully wrapped in towels and T-Shirts, four of the bottles broke and saturated the bag and the towels. The attendant in the restroom was not happy as he was picking glass out of the bag and dumping sour wine. Some of the glass had penetrated the cooler bag creating air holes. He decided to continue on with the remaining 6 bottles.

Aboard the plane, he stuffed the bag in the overhead in the back of the B-747. We rode in the middle. During the flight, we kept hearing a commotion in the back of the plane .... mumbling and frequent calls to the stewardess (before flight attendants). After a 7 hour flight, that sour wine in the overhead had gotten to be pretty ripe. Enough to gag you. We heard people asking about the smell as they de-planed. He thought that it would be wise to let everyone get off before he retrieved his putrid carry-on. I half expected the passengers to be lined up to beat him to death when he got off the plane with that stinking bag --- but it didn't happen.

This is probably the REAL Reason why liquids are now restricted in carry-on bags on planes. ;)

SC Cheesehead
02-19-2010, 07:18 AM
Great story, Charlie!

RoyLPita
02-19-2010, 09:06 AM
Even though I haven't flown since 2003, I have a couple of stories. Let me know.

Haggis
02-19-2010, 10:38 AM
Try carring lead crystal on board the plane, the Polize get really paranoid.

CBT
02-19-2010, 12:01 PM
Try carring lead crystal on board the plane, the Polize get really paranoid.
what do it do?

Haggis
02-20-2010, 07:42 AM
what do it do?

It blocks the scanner from reading what is inside the package. It was 24% lead crystal and the technician could not tell what was in the box. So the Polize came over with their MP5s while I opened the box to show that it was onlt crystal inside.