PDA

View Full Version : SEMA 2003 Report

studio460
11-09-2003, 03:57 AM
After a brief, but fruitful, tour of the 2003 SEMA show in Las Vegas, I have a few things to report . . .

1. The Trilogy Motorsports concept Marauder was, in a word, beautiful. Take a look at the pictures in the members' gallery here (http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/showgallery.php?cat=500&si=&page=1&sort=1&perpage=24&password=&ppuser=708&stype=0). I had the very distinct pleasure of speaking with Jerry Barnes at some length. Probably the single biggest reason I went to the show was to determine Trilogy's timeline for their CARB certification, and I'm extremely happy to report that they now appear to be on-track on that process, and have a definite plan. When asked if the front and rear custom facias will be productized for sale, I was happily surprised when Jerry indicated, "Yes." Expect the facias to be pricey (but worth it). No indication on product delivery dates.

2. I went to the H&R Special Springs' booth and spoke with Steven D. Perret, U.S. General Manager, and asked if they were in fact developing front springs for the Marauder. His response, "As far as I know, H&R is not developing springs for the Marauder. The market is small and I doubt that H&R will ever produce a product for the Marauder."

3. I spoke with sales rep., Giovanni Felizzari at the Eibach booth and asked what the status of their Marauder springs were, and he said that, "The shipment that they had been expecting in October was delayed even longer than expected, and will probably come in toward the end of November." He took my name and assured me that my order would make it into the queue.

4. I spoke with Tokico sales and marketing manager, Kirk Rooney, at the Tokico booth and asked about stiffer shocks for Marauder owners who are lowering their cars with the Eibachs. He responded, "I've been hearing these requests from a number of Marauder owners, and I think we'll have a product into production sometime next year." He added that since their plant is stateside, the lead time on new products is relatively short. I mentioned that many MM.net members would be very interested in such a product. Don't know if this was merely trade show sales talk or a possible real committment to our market or not.

5. And lastly, I met with Chris of Superchips Custom Tuning at the Superchips booth. He recognized me immediately from my recent dynotune in San Diego, and was aware that I still had some minor detonation issues . . . he immediately asked, "Is your car here?" I said, "Yes!" I pulled my car into the back of the South Hall in the limo drop-off area, Chris wheeled his laptop over, and in a few minutes, he had reflashed my EEC using SCT's new software. Detonation GONE. Shifts now hold longer, better. THANKS CHRIS!

TAF
11-09-2003, 06:26 AM
Well done Shooter!!!:up:

Man...I expected nothing less though...I know it's the guys BEHIND the camera that are the best investigative-reporters...and the "talking-heads" that they shoot, are exactly that...talking-heads.

merc406
11-09-2003, 07:26 AM
We were waiting for some good picture's NBC, your's show the body lines and what the cover's look like, the black is hard to take and show up on picture's.

TAF
11-09-2003, 07:48 AM
You know...that thing with Zack's badgeless grill...and a badgeless (holes filled & painted) rear...man-o-man :up:

gonzo50
11-09-2003, 08:06 AM
WOW ! :eek: NBC Shooter, you really did your research well and beyond, thanks for looking out for us Marauder owners, and then some. :banana: We all appreciate your effort, keep it coming. :rock:

SergntMac
11-09-2003, 10:32 AM
Bravo, Shooter! Great coverage, thanks.

amerikan
11-09-2003, 12:28 PM
Thanks shooter, the triolgy car must have the air ride off to be that low?

studio460
11-09-2003, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the nice comments, guys. I wish I had more time on the floor. I literally spent only about an hour on the floor after talking with Jerry Barnes and having Chris reflash my EEC.

Another thing worth mentioning is the car shown by Paul's High Performance. This is the Marauder with the painted headlamp covers and stainless mesh grille. Paul basically dropped an entire Cobra engine with SVT's Eaton blower attached, as well as a six-speed manual transmission, at a total cost of about $15,000.

http://newsfile.tv/SEMA0102.jpg

http://newsfile.tv/SEMA0107.jpg

Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to hook up with Dennis Reinhart at Paul's booth (which was actually part of Ford's satellite booth under the umbrella of "Ford Components"), and I don't think he had his Vortech-powered, blue Marauder there (at least, not on the show floor).

studio460
11-09-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by amerikan
Thanks shooter, the triolgy car must have the air ride off to be that low?
I believe that they merely adjusted the ride height sensor for the rear, and I think I remember Jerry telling me that they actually had to cut the coils on the front springs, since they couldn't get a set of Eibachs in time for the show. They had Nitto 40-series in the front--don't recall sizes or what they had in the rear.

jgc61sr2002
11-09-2003, 04:18 PM
NBC Shooter - Excellent pictures and a fabulous report. Thanks:coolman: :up:

MAD-3R
11-11-2003, 11:44 AM
This is going to sound like a "Duh!!" statement, but man you can take a picture!!

:lol:

bigslim
11-11-2003, 09:48 PM
Shooter, the Trilogy car had the front wheels widen 1 inch and the rears widen 1.5 inches. It has Nittos all the way around. Jerry has to have one of the nicest MM's out there. Nice supercharged package as well as a good looking body kit. I would love to have this car in my drive.