PDA

View Full Version : How to collect my $$$$ after being awarded a judgment?

Chatam/Marauder
02-19-2010, 04:07 PM
I was awarded a judgment in county "civil" court several years back during an eviction I did on a tenant living in my rental house. She has been MIA for a long time but I do have her SSN. I'm not sure where she lives or works these days. When she did live here in town she bounced around job wise so I saw no reason to do a wage garnishment at the time. Is there some way to maybe find out where she is currently working at through her SSN so that I can try to garnish her wages now? I doubt she will ever own any personal property such as land or a house but I believe she still may have a vehicle w/o any liens on it. I'm not even sure if it's allowed to place a lien on a persons vehicle for this type of "civil" case in Colorado anyhow. Any help on this would be great!

Big Black Beast
02-19-2010, 04:23 PM
How much are we talking about?

Donny Carlson
02-19-2010, 04:27 PM
There are several online tracing sites that will find you a lot of info with her SSN. If she's filed taxes, you should be able to get her address as of the last filing, plus you can find out any other public records (other judgements, time in the pokey, etc) that could trace her. Marty knows this stuff, send him a PM.

swordfish
02-19-2010, 04:33 PM
You my want to check with your attorney here in Arkansas you can get part their tax return Tell it's paid in full. As long as you have the judgement.

W4LTD
02-19-2010, 06:19 PM
You may want to call CBI and ask if they can help. I worked for them from 1998 through 2006 but I am not sure of their current policy regarding civil financial liabilities.

Mr. Man
02-19-2010, 11:38 PM
You should check with your lawyer first. Make sure the claim is still valid. Also if you start poking around in someone else's SSI the Feds might make a visit to your house. My advise is ask someone in the know first, it might save you some grief later.

rayjay
02-20-2010, 02:06 AM
Vito & Lefty + a Loiusville Slugger = a open wallet. :coolman:

martyo
02-21-2010, 04:55 PM
You have a PM.

Badger
02-22-2010, 10:38 AM
I have a lien on my neighbors house due to a recent Court case. She's been informed of the amount but still chooses to not pay. Guess I'll get paid when they sell the house....

Chatam/Marauder
02-24-2010, 05:40 PM
Update:

As of 01/12/2010 her last known address is 6312 NW Maple Ave. in Lawton, Ok, which should be in Comanche County.
So if anyone reading this is from Oklahoma and close to where she lives get with me if you have time. This location appears to be a rental house. If I could only find out where the hell she's working at the rest would be a peice of cake. BTW, her name is Aimee Cole, dob of 10/02/76.
Other possible last names are;
Teer
VanNess
DeHaro

W4LTD
02-24-2010, 06:15 PM
Vevlyn Renata Hayes
Property Rental Manager
(580) 357-5500

She rented the property to its current occupant, presumably Ms. Cole (as per the address you provided). Ms. Hayes should have required proof of employment from the renter and she may disclose it to you, as it shouldn't be considered confidential. Remember, a little sweet-talkin' goes a long way...

martyo
02-24-2010, 07:11 PM
Update:

As of 01/12/2010 her last known address is 6312 NW Maple Ave. in Lawton, Ok, which should be in Comanche County.
So if anyone reading this is from Oklahoma and close to where she lives get with me if you have time. This location appears to be a rental house. If I could only find out where the hell she's working at the rest would be a peice of cake. BTW, her name is Aimee Cole, dob of 10/02/76.
Other possible last names are;
Teer
VanNess
DeHaro

I would be careful about what PII you post about somebody.

This could cause you more trouble than it is worth.

Da Dark Jedi
02-25-2010, 11:49 AM
I would be careful about what PII you post about somebody.

This could cause you more trouble than it is worth.

I would listen to this man!