PDA

View Full Version : Oh...my....goodness.

CBT
02-22-2010, 06:06 AM
Woman drowns while having affair

By Christina Hernandez, WINK News

Story Created: Feb 18, 2010 at 4:27 PM EST
Story Updated: Feb 18, 2010 at 6:54 PM EST

DESOTO COUNTY, Fla. - A married woman drowned after meeting her boyfriend for sex.

She was stuck in a car submerged in a river, but her boyfriend was able to swim to safety.

Deputies said the two were at a party together earlier in the evening and were drinking. The Desoto County Sheriff's Office think alcohol played a large part in this accident.

A secret meeting turned deadly for 67-year-old Joy Devoe. She drove to a boat ramp with her boyfriend, 41-year-old George Garet. Deputies said the two were listening to music with the keys in the ignition when Devoe's car somehow ended up floating in the Peace River.

"I think with alcohol being involved with both parties I'd guess they backed a lot further down the ramp then they realized."

Garet was able to open an window and swim out. The sheriff's report said he told Devoe to do the same thing. She didn't.

"You've got alcohol involved in it. You got a disparity in age between the two, so both of those could be contributing factors to this incident."

Garet was able to swim to a nearby girl scout camp.

The next day, Devoe's car was pulled from the river.

"Because of the height of the water - it's out of the ordinary for this time of year, as well as the current - it took us a little bit of time to get the vehicle located."

Devoe's body was found inside her car.

Deputies don't plan on charging Garet because they don't believe foul play was involved.

WINK News tried to talk to him, but he was working out of town.

Haggis
02-22-2010, 06:41 AM
[B][SIZE=3]Garet was able to open an window and swim out. The sheriff's report said he told Devoe to do the same thing. She didn't.

That's what HE said.

BobC
02-22-2010, 06:51 AM
Reminds me of an infamous incident in Massachusetts some years ago.

LIGHTNIN1
02-22-2010, 08:08 AM

Sorry to say that was the first thing that flashed into my mind. It didn't take this guy long to overcome his grief as he was back at work quick.

dakslim
02-22-2010, 08:13 AM
Sorry to say that was the first thing that flashed into my mind. It didn't take this guy long to overcome his grief as he was back at work quick.

Me too. Guilty as charged. The names have been changed to protect the "innocent"?:confused:

Joe Walsh
02-22-2010, 08:55 AM

Me too. Guilty as charged. The names have been changed to protect the "innocent"?:confused:

A muffled: "Can't pin this one on me" was heard from the area of Arlington National Cemetery near Ted Kennedy's grave.

(sorry...I couldn't help myself.)

CBT
02-22-2010, 01:16 PM
A muffled: "Can't pin this one on me" was heard from the area of Arlington National Cemetery near Ted Kennedy's grave.

Lol, I know, right?
People drown, and it's sad, and sometimes bizzare. But this is just plain crazy. Wonder what the husband thinks about this?

xopher
02-22-2010, 01:28 PM
67-year-old Joy Devoe. She drove to a boat ramp with her boyfriend, 41-year-old George Garet.
I'm not sure if I'm more shocked by her age or their age difference :eek:

CBT
02-22-2010, 01:36 PM
I'm not sure if I'm more shocked by her age or their age difference :eek:

Yeah I had to lean closer to the monitor, thought my eyes were jacked up when I read the ages. But seriously, how frickin drunk do you have to be not to notice your car is sinking? Did they fog up the windows and kick it out of gear and the lovin was too sweet to stop. Okay i grossed myself out...

Spectragod
02-22-2010, 05:11 PM
Lol, I know, right?
People drown, and it's sad, and sometimes bizzare. But this is just plain crazy. Wonder what the husband thinks about this?

He was probably thinking....... dibs on the floormats. :D

CBT
02-22-2010, 05:28 PM
He was probably thinking....... dibs on the floormats. :D

Oye! Them "floormats" seen a lot of "footprints" in 67 years.

Phrog_gunner
02-22-2010, 05:32 PM

JOE, welcome back!. :beer:

Did the police ask him if she had any last words, since he was already reading her lips?

jerrym3
02-22-2010, 05:35 PM
Guess they weren't looking out the windows.

CBT
02-22-2010, 05:36 PM
JOE, welcome back!. :beer:

Did the police ask him if she had any last words, since he was already reading her lips?

How dare you make fun of a sweet innocent little old lady who drown while getting her drink on in the back of the "Bin of Sin" with a younger man who wasn't her husband. Dibs on her Bingo daubers.

LIGHTNIN1
02-22-2010, 05:49 PM
She was having so much fun it killed her. The euphoria must have been something else not to notice the water, but who parks on a boatramp for such a thing?:fish:

CBT
02-22-2010, 06:03 PM
She was having so much fun it killed her. The euphoria must have been something else not to notice the water, but who parks on a boatramp for such a thing?:fish:
They were watching the submarine races;)

Phrog_gunner
02-22-2010, 06:13 PM
Guess he was already used to the fish smell before they went underwater.

guspech750
02-22-2010, 08:53 PM
Hes innocent!!!
http://www.abovethelaw.com/images/entries/oj2.jpg

I dint doo yit yo onher