PDA

View Full Version : Marauder Legends

Phrog_gunner
02-27-2010, 05:43 PM
Kind of like urban legends, but about MMs.

I was in the FLAPS and getting the filter number for Maybellene and the guy said he thought MM's all came stock with a V-12.

I'm sure others have heard some good ones, care to share?

ntd
02-27-2010, 05:48 PM
Thanks to Trilogy's clean looking setup a lot of people think all MM came with Eaton's

RR|Suki
02-27-2010, 05:53 PM
Best one I've heard is that they are fast from the factory :eek:

Phrog_gunner
02-27-2010, 05:55 PM
Best one I've heard is that they are fast from the factory :eek:\

:lol: :alone:

MrBluGruv
02-27-2010, 06:01 PM

+1

I was just telling my friend the other day that I'm glad most people believe the myth about this car more than they do the reality, keeps the illusion alive. ;)

ImpalaSlayer
02-27-2010, 06:04 PM

suckered me right in too....

LIGHTNIN1
02-27-2010, 08:36 PM

I get that one most of the time if they know what a Marauder is.:D Of course I don't tell them otherwise.

DOOM
02-27-2010, 09:08 PM

I like proving them RIGHT! :burn:

Mr. Man
02-27-2010, 09:09 PM

Well it's faster than the '00 crown vic we had and it's the first car we ever had that we could do a smoky burn-out in.:cool4:

justbob
02-28-2010, 01:28 AM
Well it's faster than the '00 crown vic we had and it's the first car we ever had that we could do a smoky burn-out in.:cool4:
Truth in that Eric! Even stock, I had no issue at all wearing out rear tires! With the brake pedal though.:o

Pat
02-28-2010, 02:43 AM

^^^+6^^^

That's the comment most people use in my experience. Even when it was brand new in 04.

Smokie
02-28-2010, 07:06 AM
I was asked often: "Are you a cop?"

The car came from the factory "detuned" and this caused a severe lack of low end torque, however once the engine hit about 3500 rpm's bonestock it was very strong, with strong acceleration from about 20 mph.

The very first thing I changed in my car was the "tune" no parts whatsover were involved, just the "instructions" the OEM's parts recieved were changed. It became a 14.5-97 mph 1/4 mile car at the track exactly as I purchased the car.

I believe a car that size and weight would qualify as fast with those numbers. By the way using the brake to smoke the tires was no longer necessary at that point.

chapel1
02-28-2010, 07:33 AM
When I was at the auto parts store the counter man said "OH Yeah" I know what that is. A Marauder "thats a wolf in sheep's clothing!

Ms. Denmark
02-28-2010, 07:39 AM
suckered me right in too....

I like proving them RIGHT! :burn:

Well it's faster than the '00 crown vic we had and it's the first car we ever had that we could do a smoky burn-out in.:cool4:Touche` gentlemen!

a_d_a_m
02-28-2010, 09:13 AM
I've heard:
1. The Marauder was issued exclusively to law enforcement, and when they go to auction, the "cop chip" is removed. (heard this one several times for some reason)
2. Marauders were supercharged from the factory.
3. Marauders came with the 5.0 (or 5.4, depending on who you talk to).

DOOM
02-28-2010, 10:46 AM
The "DOOM" marauder IS a legend in P.G. Co. Md. :up:

CBT
02-28-2010, 01:44 PM
Last crazy comments I heard were both at the same time (months ago)from one knucklehead to his buddies who were oogling the car while I was sitting in at work talking on my cell phone: "Them gauges ain't factory, and if only 328 were made I'd own one." Git-er-done, Billy Ray Joebob.

Mr. Man
02-28-2010, 04:03 PM

Legend in your own mind maybe:D

DOOM
02-28-2010, 04:08 PM
Legend in your own mind maybe:D

You have no idea!

People I have never even met know my car and know what it does! (through word of mouth).

A few members here will tell you the same thing.

Read the qoute in my sig from got 5.0 (that's from another car site) :D

Big Black Beast
02-28-2010, 09:35 PM

This is why I don't race people. Getting my ass kicked by an Accord will only dispell the myth. I'd rather win by intimidation.:rolleyes:

-Matt-
02-28-2010, 09:55 PM
People around here just want to know what it is

CBT
03-01-2010, 04:38 AM
People around here just want to know what it is
That's what she said.

Bradley G
03-01-2010, 05:56 AM
I get huge kudos at the dealership for the Marauder.
This is from car guys, who know exactly what a Marauder is.
I'll get that thing screaming like a strangled cat, on my way in to work.
I had one complaint by the service manager, he told my boss I was, "turning my tires in the parking lot" :burnout: LOL "Who Me?"

2,4shofast
03-01-2010, 10:30 AM
People always tell me that they came supercharged or with a 5.4///

MrBluGruv
03-01-2010, 10:57 AM
Heard a funny while picking my friend up from a mechanic after he dropped his car off:

Mechanic:"Damn, they'll put mag wheels on anything these days..."

I'm pretty sure he thought I had a crown vic.

SVT_MERC
03-01-2010, 11:04 AM
This is why I don't race people. Getting my ass kicked by an Accord will only dispell the myth. I'd rather win by intimidation.:rolleyes:

There must be something wrong with your car.... I was beating Accords in my Marquis.

Big Black Beast
03-01-2010, 02:20 PM
There must be something wrong with your car.... I was beating Accords in my Marquis.

http://www.insideline.com/honda/accord/2008/full-test-2008-honda-accord-ex-v6.html

That's pretty close to stock Marauder level performance...

fordfrk347
03-01-2010, 02:52 PM
The new accords are pretty quick. I ran one in my Mazdaspped 3 and it was pretty even.

SVT_MERC
03-01-2010, 03:01 PM
My buddy's '04 had just a cold air intake and exhaust, and I beat him every time we raced. That was with my 2V Marquis which, at the time was only putting about 200 HP to the pavement. After I put my oem intake back on, exhaust, and new tune I left him in the dust with 240 to the tires. I see what numbers are in the link posted on the accord, but we never dyoned his '07. I can't vouch for his driving skills, but ..... I don't know..:dunno:

Dark_Knight7096
03-02-2010, 07:35 AM
People always tell me that they came supercharged or with a 5.4///

+1, I get the 5.4 all the time, I get the "that S/C is stock right?" all the time, I was at a carshow and one guy asked me why I took out the 5.4 to replace it with a 4.6 and left the S/C on it, all kindsa weird stuff, already mentioned. Never heard the cop chip one.

I had one guy think my old MM was a CV and he wanted to know how I got my exhaust to sound like that cause he has a P71 and he can't get the exhaust to sound anywhere close to mine and it has a different sound and how can he do that. I told him to add 2 more valves.

CBT
03-02-2010, 07:38 AM
+1, I get the 5.4 all the time, I get the "that S/C is stock right?" all the time, I was at a carshow and one guy asked me why I took out the 5.4 to replace it with a 4.6 and left the S/C on it, all kindsa weird stuff, already mentioned. Never heard the cop chip one.

I had one guy think my old MM was a CV and he wanted to know how I got my exhaust to sound like that cause he has a P71 and he can't get the exhaust to sound anywhere close to mine and it has a different sound and how can he do that. I told him to add 2 more valves.

ouch, lol!

Big Black Beast
03-02-2010, 05:10 PM
My buddy's '04 had just a cold air intake and exhaust, and I beat him every time we raced. That was with my 2V Marquis which, at the time was only putting about 200 HP to the pavement. After I put my oem intake back on, exhaust, and new tune I left him in the dust with 240 to the tires. I see what numbers are in the link posted on the accord, but we never dyoned his '07. I can't vouch for his driving skills, but ..... I don't know..:dunno:

Did he have the V6?

Commodore Crap
03-02-2010, 08:35 PM

18V v-8? :lol:

I HATE the "cop chip" schpeal. I sometimes have to tell myself, in the words of Ron White, " You can't fix stupid".

Oh, i got the "Wow! That's a 460 in there!"
(Since when does 4.6L=460? Magic)

That's just a cop car with a wheels package.

My dad says these are just like his cop car.

-ryan s.

Dark_Knight7096
03-02-2010, 09:40 PM
18V v-8? :lol:

Crap, someone caught it and I felt I was safe. Dude I said it to didn't notice either. lol

jabird56
03-03-2010, 03:12 AM

How could that happen? If it's raining in Nevada, you keep it in the garage for the week... :D

SVT_MERC
03-03-2010, 11:16 AM
Did he have the V6?

Just asked him.... he had the 4 banger.... so that answers why I was whipping him.

Black_Noise
03-03-2010, 06:48 PM
Ive heard everything at car shows:

"its just a cop car"

"wow, is that a 460?"

"wernt they all supercharged from the factory"

"are those aftermarket wheels"

"the guy with the hat (gods heads on the seats and wheels) means its a fire dept car"

and this is off topic but I loved the guy who came in the shop and had his 6-7 yr old boy in tow, I was setting up the alignment maching, putting the sensors on the wheels, and he says to his boy, see that, that guys balancing the tires.

:lol: Im glad I was facing away from him so he didnt see me laughing at him.

CBT
03-03-2010, 06:56 PM
Ive heard everything at car shows:

"the guy with the hat (gods heads on the seats and wheels) means its a fire dept car"

Wow, that one might just take the cake, lol.

SVT_MERC
03-03-2010, 07:12 PM
I kept getting people insisting that my car WAS a marauder, when it wasn't, and has a completely different front end, not a marauder color, different wheels, and different rear end.

CBT
03-03-2010, 07:24 PM
I kept getting people insisting that my car WAS a marauder, when it wasn't, and has a completely different front end, not a marauder color, different wheels, and different rear end.
WIN !! :beer:

DCW
03-22-2010, 11:24 AM
Ive heard they were sold to gov. agencies only. When I first got mine an old guy at the golf course said nice looking car - why did you put those pimp wheels on !!!

centexmarauder
03-22-2010, 11:58 AM
This thread kinda got hi-jacked with all the stock slowness.

V6 Accords are really quick. That's nothing to be ashamed of. First time at the track i got beat by a Caviler. But he had an Eaton.

Common Misconceptions.

Has a 5.4L
"Cop Chip" that supposedly is un-beatable by anything on the street.
The Marauder is a Suzuki motorcycle.
Its an under cover cop car (with shiny rims and stupidly loud exhaust).
It has a 460.
Or even better a 540 thanks to that little sticker on the front of the block.
Its got aftermarket wheels. and "Did you add those gauges?"
Oh, and its pronounced Mariner. Or "Muh-Roo-der"
And according to the guy that put my tips on its a Dodge Magnum, which is totally understandable, i mean, his head was like 3 inches away from where its says "MARAUDER" in red letters on my bumper. Not noticeable at all.

And yes, I've heard that the FBI bought like 5,000 of them....yeah.

I'm sure there's tons I'm forgetting.

J-MAN
03-22-2010, 12:20 PM
Not being one to spoil the illusion, I tell them that it had to be de-tuned from the factory before it's release. That the original version was so fast that it was only legal in Alabama. Then they go :awe:

SC Cheesehead
03-22-2010, 12:45 PM
Not being one to spoil the illusion, I tell them that it had to be de-tuned from the factory before it's release. That the original version was so fast that it was only legal in Alabama. Then they go :awe:

:lol: Gotta remember that one! :D

Mr. Man
03-22-2010, 02:26 PM
I get "That's a 4.6l". I guess because the motors sits high in the bay. For big car the little engine does take up a lot of space though.

Were there any "special" model MM's? I've heard the Buick GN had a special version for the FBI.

CBT
03-22-2010, 03:17 PM
I get "That's a 4.6l". I guess because the motors sits high in the bay. For big car the little engine does take up a lot of space though.

Were there any "special" model MM's? I've heard the Buick GN had a special version for the FBI.

It IS a 4.6, what's wrong with that statement??

Phrog_gunner
03-22-2010, 03:26 PM
It IS a 4.6, what's wrong with that statement??

That's why Mrs. D only lets him hold a flashlight when it's car fixin time.

CBT
03-22-2010, 03:31 PM
That's why Mrs. D only lets him hold a flashlight when it's car fixin time.
I'm no motorologist, but am I wrong? I can see it now:
Guy at car show: "That looks like a 4.6!"
Mr. Man: "Shut the **** up, noob."

Phrog_gunner
03-22-2010, 03:38 PM
I'm no motorologist, but am I wrong? I can see it now:
Guy at car show: "That looks like a 4.6!"
Mr. Man: "Shut the **** up, noob."

LMAO! I picture that said with a mouthful of hamburger/hotdog. :beer: