RCSignals
11-10-2003, 01:56 PM
http://www.propresentations.org/files/emoticons/smilieburnout.gif

Bigdogjim
11-10-2003, 03:49 PM
Nice smiley!

Glenn
11-12-2003, 10:27 AM
O.K. , this is a good thread to start-up again on burn-outs. Here's the story. I have been testing my MM for burn-outs each week for the past 4 months on my favorite deserted road. NO burn-out, ever. But, two nights ago I tried again and SUCCESS! I got rubber three times in a row with just WOT and NO brakes - just WOT from a standing start. Why, now? Cold air makes a BIG difference in this engine. It was 44 degrees two nights ago and the MM loved it. I tried to do it again last night and no deal. Why - It was 58 degrees. The ONLY difference from one night to another was 14 degrees cooler. So, with my modest mods, the car is on the verge on burning rubber at 12,000 not-easy miles. I anticipate my dyno-tune Saturday will provide the extra HP to do burn-outs at will. This is not one of those technical postings, which I enjoy reading, but just a simple experience I am relating to the Net.

One other milestone of minor interest that I am going to report is when I see my first MM outside of Team Ford in North Atlanta. After 12,000 miles in 4 months I have NEVER seen another MM on the roads or anywhere! So much for life's trivia.

Glenn
"South Atlanta's only MM"

Rider90
11-12-2003, 04:29 PM
Put some Goodyear RSA's on your car and you'll smoke em to 50MPH, no brakes, with trac-loc, at 45 degrees tempature - and you won't start moving until you hit second gear which for me is around 43MPH

Yes, I've done that ;)

Bigdogjim
11-12-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Glenn

One other milestone of minor interest that I am going to report is when I see my first MM outside of Team Ford in North Atlanta. After 12,000 miles in 4 months I have NEVER seen another MM on the roads or anywhere! So much for life's trivia.

Glenn
"South Atlanta's only MM"

Glenn: You will enjoy the hell out this meet...

Nothing like getting together with other Marauder owners...

Have fun!!:)

paheff
11-12-2003, 05:57 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but in cooler weather, along with more power, you also get less traction, or so I've been told.

Glenn
11-16-2003, 11:19 AM
Yesterday, 72 degrees on favorate deserted road after Jerry dyno-tune: 266 RWHP and 288RWTQ. Burn-out on demand with WOT and no brakes.

Glenn

junehhan
11-16-2003, 09:24 PM
Out of curiosity, does anyone have any video's of Marauder's doing burnouts? How easy are burnouts in this vehicle? One of my former vehicles was my 02 True Blue Lightning which had the ability to do burnouts at will.

RCSignals
11-16-2003, 11:18 PM
I think LML has a video of himself doing a burnout

Bigdogjim
11-16-2003, 11:33 PM
If you do asearch I am sure you'll find a burnout clip.:)

BlackedOutSS
11-17-2003, 07:10 PM
Nice RC, might have to steal that.... can anyone direct me to Marauders doing real burnouts? Never seen I dont think...

CRUZTAKER
11-17-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by BlackedOutSS
Nice RC, might have to steal that.... can anyone direct me to Marauders doing real burnouts? Never seen I dont think...

OK, hopefully this is a valid question and not an attempt to ruffle feathers....

Although I cannot provide a picture, as 'burnouts' are something the majority of us with modded MM's try to 'avoid', I can assure you that it is quite possible, and unfortunately for those of us seeking ET's under 14, particularly those under 13, unavoidable.

Follow the threads, and come down to the track and see the real marauders run...and you will get your wish.

BTW: The Trilogy website has plenty of burnout pics and their vehicles double the hp of a ....classic...eh?

Rock on man :burnout:

BlackedOutSS
11-17-2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by CRUZTAKER
OK, hopefully this is a valid question and not an attempt to ruffle feathers....

THAT WAS A VALID QUESTION

Dont take it the wrong way.. I seriously haven't seen any videos/pics before and thought it would look cool..

And Iwas at SSH3, I saw a few..just no burnouts.. I only saw the stock ones though..didnt get to see the 13 sec one run...

Effster
11-17-2003, 08:22 PM
now i can lay 2 black strips down from a standing start all the way until i take my foot out of it.its truely amazing what alittle boost can do for ya,,hehehe.oh with 3 people in the car and a full tank of gas!

CRUZTAKER
11-18-2003, 05:52 AM
^^^THIS MAN SPEAKS THE TRUTH^^^

No problem SS, it's all good. We took alot of crap about the one and only sales pitch L/M did on the MM back in the day when they ran the first, and aparently ONLY advertisement for the new MM showing it doing a burnout at a race track. What they didn't expose was the trouble the crew had getting the car to actually DO a burnout for the comercial!

We are a hard and dedicated bunch, and have learned to live and (modify) the reaction of the limited slip rear end on this car. A little torque mods and it gets loose far more than it's acceptable when traction really counts, even with drag radials as many have discovered.

-Barry

BTW, there are 12 second marauders roaming the roadways as well....

InSaiyan
11-18-2003, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by paheff
Correct me if I'm wrong, but in cooler weather, along with more power, you also get less traction, or so I've been told.

Yeah, the GT does that. Its auto with stock gears, the tires on it stick good just about all the time. When its cold though, I can put the pedal down about half way, give the wheel a quick turn and go sideways about 50 feet. If I nailed it and put it in 1st, it'd probably double that.
My Dad said that the Goodyears it came with sucked. The cost over $150 each (and that was about 10 years ago), but you could smoke both through 1st and into second if you tried :D

Dr Caleb
11-18-2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by paheff

I can verify that. I was going into MM withdrawls this weekend. It was near freezing, (+2C or +3C) and clear and sunny.

I took the MM out for a rip (had to work Saturday) and I found controlling the thing difficult indeed. The suspension was very stiff, the tires felt like they were solid plastic. Stomping on it to enter the highway nearly put me sideways, it always felt like it wanted to break loose. Once the sun came out, it got a bit better, but the cold tires with just the slightest bit of moisture or frost on the road would result in the rear end going faster than the back end :)

If you don't have snows on, don't drive this car like you normally do in the summer when it's below freezing! Even with TC, it's a handful!

But on a dry patch of asphault , with the sun at your back, MAN does it like the cold air! The tires spin on my stocker with ease!