PDA

View Full Version : WTB / input on Resonator Delete Tips

Egon Spengler
03-04-2010, 07:01 AM
I am looking to buy some delete tips. Please PM me if you have any you want to get rid of. For those that have them, do they make a noticeable difference in sound? I am looking to do the deletes and flowmasters or a muffler that you guys recommend...

Thanks!

Vortex
03-04-2010, 07:05 AM
I think they sound better. I run delete tips w/flowmasters. If I could do it over, I would have bought the 4" tips from Wes (he was out of them when I got mine.)

fastblackmerc
03-04-2010, 07:06 AM
I have 18" polished stainless steel Magnaflow's on mine with the stock tips, really like the sound.

SC Cheesehead
03-04-2010, 07:22 AM
The res-delete tips don't really make the exhaust note a lot louder, but IMO, they do a great job of enhancing the tone.

I extended mine back about 1 1/2 inches to reduce cabin drone. I'm still running stock mufflers, but like the sound with the res-delete tips.

-Matt-
03-04-2010, 07:36 AM
I like my res-deletes, i think it makes a fuller tone sound.

SC Cheesehead
03-04-2010, 07:41 AM
I like my res-deletes, i think it makes a fuller tone sound.

That's a good way to put it; not really louder, just fuller. IMO, should hve been the stock set up.

justbob
03-04-2010, 07:43 AM
Make your own! I paid $30.00 labor AND retained my stock tips.

Egon Spengler
03-04-2010, 07:47 AM
How?!?!?!?

Make your own! I paid $30.00 labor AND retained my stock tips.

justbob
03-04-2010, 08:18 AM
Look, you could pay labor to have yours cut off and the new ones welded on right? OR you could have yours cut off right after the weld for the chrome, 30 seconds with two concrete blocks (tip centered between the two) and a hammer. Pound the guts out from back to front, reweld. It took my shop less than thirty minutes total.

Egon Spengler
03-04-2010, 08:26 AM
Hmmmmm... I will have to look into this!

Look, you could pay labor to have yours cut off and the new ones welded on right? OR you could have yours cut off right after the weld for the chrome, 30 seconds with two concrete blocks (tip centered between the two) and a hammer. Pound the guts out from back to front, reweld. It took my shop less than thirty minutes total.

justbob
03-04-2010, 08:30 AM
Super easy dude. I'll send you a picture of where to cut and weld if that makes it easier. Or if your tips are in bad shape, just replace. Mine were perfect.

Egon Spengler
03-04-2010, 08:48 AM
My whole car is in bad shape so I don't know if I even want to put any money into it, or buy another car once the MM is paid off... maybe another MM

Super easy dude. I'll send you a picture of where to cut and weld if that makes it easier. Or if your tips are in bad shape, just replace. Mine were perfect.

ctrlraven
03-04-2010, 08:52 AM
Get AeroTurbine AT2525 series mufflers.

Egon Spengler
03-04-2010, 08:59 AM
How loud are they? I want it to be loud, but not so loud that I get in even more trouble than I already do with the popo

Get AeroTurbine AT2525 series mufflers.

Commodore Crap
03-04-2010, 05:04 PM
I have the 4" tips and they definately enhance the tone of the exhaust. I still have stock mufflers on, for now. But i like'em.

ctrlraven
03-05-2010, 08:45 AM
How loud are they? I want it to be loud, but not so loud that I get in even more trouble than I already do with the popo
If you delete your 2nd set of cats and have res-delete tips with everything else stock it will sound somewhat like this if you get the Aeros.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1sRPbYJ8_k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZCQgWuSEhs

A lot fo F1 and GrandAM racing teams use Aeros for their mufflers.

Egon Spengler
03-05-2010, 09:51 AM
What will getting rid of the cats do to my emissions though... I live in Massachusetts and they are pretty strict with emissions!

If you delete your 2nd set of cats and have res-delete tips with everything else stock it will sound somewhat like this if you get the Aeros.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1sRPbYJ8_k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZCQgWuSEhs

A lot fo F1 and GrandAM racing teams use Aeros for their mufflers.

ctrlraven
03-05-2010, 11:59 AM
2nd set of cats removed won't throw any check engine lights and if you have a tune the rear O2 sensors are most likely turned off. There are 4 cats on our cars so you would still some but can't really say cause I don't know what your emissions inspections are like. Start with the mufflers and tips and go from there.

justbob
03-05-2010, 12:32 PM
My Trilogy tune has the rear o2's still turned on and I didn't get any codes removing the rear cats TJ. Since then, I have actually went backwards and installed some new down pipes with all four cats (due to slight clogging in mine) that Musclemerc was kind enough to all but donate.